Where would your perfect racing game take place?

Vrooooooooooooooom!
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Why not Australia, it has tropical climate, jungle and desert etc.. But the size of the island have to be down scaled for it to make sense.

Or some guys like Ivory Tower could make a detailed Hawaii island chain, that could be an expantion of The Crew
_
Off Topic
But the TDU series where the great, just think how much better they could be with modern game engines, i think once someone buys the right to it, then the TDU(3) will be the best alround car game out there, so long as they stick with the player characters and houses etc., and make the world happen somewhere with tropical weather like TDU2 had it, the crew sucks in that regard...
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:Why not Australia, it has tropical climate, jungle and desert etc.. But the size of the island have to be down scaled for it to make sense.
Nope because there is no snow there. Image :occasion-snowman:

And once again there would be the "drive on the wrong side of the road" problem, only hardcore video game developers choose these countries to be the set for their video game, I don't have any problems with drivin' on the left. :mrgreen:

I guess that perhaps a fictional island could end up bein' the best option. Take a look at Panau from the game Just Cause 2, you have tropical climate, jungles, marshes, deserts, mountains, snow and big freakin' modern capital city for the little fictional Asian country. :geek:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I once thaught up an Island, consisting of the best driving roads in the world and the best tracks, combined to a network of driving goodness. With 5 climate zones etc.

A project like that could have been a nice mod for TDU2 etc. I would have made it a community project. But Eden games and Atari refused to make TDU2 moddable. New locations would have been the bomb and increase lifespan.
But i guess even very smart people, like most programmers are, sometimes lack people or communication skills. Or they simply do not want to lose control or things like that.
Just take a look at Skyrim what the mod community can do for a game. :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whiterun Guard
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Pinduca wrote:
Warachia wrote:Southern Brazil.
Yeah, why not? Has anyone ever played a racing game with an open world feature that does not take place in the United States or, as seen recently, some European country with an unrevealed name (FH2)?
I did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smuggler%27s_Run_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Takes place in Russia, Georgia and Vietnam.
Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

Tsukishima wrote:
Warachia wrote:Southern Brazil. :laughing-rolling:

The states of Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina, Paraná and Rio de Janeiro together on a scale of 1:1 (with a very very small portion of São Paulo to have a big highway that connects Paraná and Rio J.). This way I can have tropical seaside roads, big cities, snow (at the regions of high altitude on Paraná) and crazy mountain roads (interior of Rio de Janeiro) similar to those used in this thing of Touge/JDM.
That's actually pretty good. But I think that for it to be perfect while tryin' to maintain its size due to the limitations of the hardwares of nowadays, northern Argentina and Uruguay should be added in, the landscape of these are also impressive and IMO your map (with my little improvement) is the only one that could rival the entire country of Germany bein' used. Image
Thanks. :D

Add the entire Paraguay while we're at it so we can have some smuggling missions too. :lol:

In all seriousness, yes that would be good so Brazil would not stay as the only country in the map. Also because we could have some Argentinian pedestrians shouting "boludo" at you when you almost kill 'em with the car. XD
Pinduca wrote:
Warachia wrote:with a very very small portion of São Paulo to have a big highway that connects Paraná and Rio J.
For your "big highway" to exist you would need a considerable amount of São Paulo on the map, including the capital city. From what I know, if you want to access the coastline of both SP and RJ you'll need to pass through the São Paulo city, once you get out of the city you will see perhaps one of the most beautiful highways of the southern states, that if the fog doesn't end up spoiling your sight.
Ah, if it's just the city then it's okay. I'm pretty sure there's a way of getting to Rio without entering São Paulo city but I guess that would be through some secondary road, I'd rather have the high speed highway.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Warachia wrote:Add the entire Paraguay while we're at it so we can have some smuggling missions too. :lol:

In all seriousness, yes that would be good so Brazil would not stay as the only country in the map. Also because we could have some Argentinian pedestrians shouting "boludo" at you when you almost kill 'em with the car. XD
Just to put it into perspective. :geek:
I'd calculate how much km² this would have but I'm not feelin' like doin' it. Image
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!

Return to “Other Racing Games”