And some gameplay.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It looks familiar ;)

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... =70#p39236

Posted that a while back. They make Apple games now. At least they still exist. And still have an appetite for Cars 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

It still amazes me how they get all this on these small devices., looks nice think I will get it. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

It looks like the car list in this game is already better than anything in TDU or TDU2. I've always wondered how these mobile games are able to get such diverse car lists when bigger titles that are on console, like The Crew, Assetto Corsa, and PCars, can't.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Apple as a backer can be helpful in that regard.

And these are simplified physics. I have seen the amount of work that goes into developing physics. Ivory claimed that it took around 3 months to create a single car model from scratch, including physics, tuning options, modelling, damage, dirt, reflections etc. And not to forget the permission from the manufacturers for each part of alteration of these models.
I take the 3 months with a grain of salt. But it takes a lot of time and effort to make things right.
With the new consoles and higher definition and the ability to create more detailed physics, it will take even longer.
So it depends on the amount of people working on the game. And budget.

Assetto Corsa has a very small team. But also very experienced. They probably used a part of their revenues to buy new licenses. I bought their game in Alpha state. Strange way to create a game, but also smart, in case of a driving game.
In a sense pCars2 works like that as well, but you pay the full price, or more :D

The other end of the spectrum when it comes to car lists are the GT series and Forza. Both Sony and Microsoft take care of these licenses. They also have a seasoned juridical department.
Devs should spend their time on developing the game and not on licensing.

Fortunately Porsche does not do exclusive licensing anymore. They must have had massive critisizm because of the EA license. Exclusive licenses kill the gaming industry.

Maybe Eden games made a smart move teaming up with Apple. After all that company can buy a small country.
Even Greece :eeek:

:party:
Maybe they will earn enough money to start TDU3 some day. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

If you are interested in this game and want to join Gear Club and have a chance to win some cool stuff for the game then check out this link.
Gear Club
Image Image
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

The game looks half alright, i have put myself down for pre-reg...
nathan is a mexican!!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Gear Club comes to the NintendoSwitch December 1st, 2017 (next stop PC maybe :mrgreen: )

It certainly has a TDU vibe to it. ;)
They also changed the name to Gear.Club Unlimited. :D
:link: http://gear.club/
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Android as well. That means i can play it from the Nvidia tablet :2thumbsup:

That one can be hooked to the big scr TV :party:
And customization looks awesome 8-)

PS I think they will carefully avoid the PC crowd for some reason. And not just licensing... :whistle:

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Looks really cool! And a good way for Eden to step back into the ring of possibly making bigger-budget games again!

The only problem is that people do not seem to be happy to pay $45 for what is essentially a mobile game. I wonder how this will work out...
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

Return to “Other Racing Games”