Gravel

Vrooooooooooooooom!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

New off-road driving game anounced by Milestone. :o
Well, this is unexpected. Best known for its licensed motorsport game series like MotoGP and MXGP, Italian studio Milestone has announced a new off-road arcade racing IP for PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One and PC – and it’s called Gravel, not to be confused with Mud or DiRT of course.

Gravel seems to have a similar spirit to Forza Horizon with tracks set in 18 exotic locations, with a bit of Sega Rally, DiRT 2 and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift thrown in for good measure. Four disciplines feature in the main career which has over 200 events: Wild Rush centers on combative races in wild locations, Cross Country has checkpoint-based open maps to explore, Speed Cross is based on real tracks and Stadium Circuit focuses on arenas and spectacular jumps. More online and offline gameplay modes will be announced in the next few weeks.
- See more at: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments ... 6P2PP.dpuf
Unlike Forza Horizon which is set around a driving festival, Gravel is based around the “Gravel Channel” which hosts the “Offroad Masters” format, an annual television program that will “accompany the player on their way to fame and glory.“ Challenges and events will be available for each racing discipline in the run up to the Final League, where you’ll challenge the champion from the previous series to be crowned the “Offroad Master.”

Over 50 vehicles will feature in Gravel from the ‘70s up to the present day across four classes: Cross Circuit, Cross Country, Trophy Trucks and Extreme Racing. The extensive damage modelling also sounds promising: scratches and dents dynamically appear with every collision, and dirt will accumulate in real time depending on the surface. A video shown at a preview event depicted an off-roader deforming in real-time whilst being pummeled by rocks.
Gravel will also take advantage of Milestone’s new Unreal Engine 4 graphics engine that will also power MXGP 3, with more realistic lighting and particle effects than previous Milestone games. Sound has also been overhauled - engines now sound delightfully aggressive compared to Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO.
- See more at: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments ... 6P2PP.dpuf

:link: http://gravelvideogame.com/
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Announcement trailer.

Image Image
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Did anyone try this yet?
Graphics look a bit average, wonder what the driving is like?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have not tried this, but there is a free demo available on Steam. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:55 pm I have not tried this, but there is a free demo available on Steam. :party:
Didn't know that, will check it out. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
BATA_MANTA
Rookie
Rookie

The other day I saw a live gameplay from a spanish streamer and before it reached 2 hours of playtime (1 hour 45 min) he stopped playing because of poor gameplay of this title and got a refound. He said it was very plain and repetitive. After watching some other gameplays I agree with him. I got the feeling that Milestone doesn't put many effort on their games because every game, they release 1 or 2 patches/dlc and the forget it ( MXGP series for example)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

BATA_MANTA wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:29 pm The other day I saw a live gameplay from a spanish streamer and before it reached 2 hours of playtime (1 hour 45 min) he stopped playing because of poor gameplay of this title and got a refound. He said it was very plain and repetitive. After watching some other gameplays I agree with him. I got the feeling that Milestone doesn't put many effort on their games because every game, they release 1 or 2 patches/dlc and the forget it ( MXGP series for example)
Thanks for the info might still check out the demo though. ;)
Image Image

Return to “Other Racing Games”