UH OH! Playstation 4 announced- driving game announced too

Vrooooooooooooooom!
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

I'd like to see GT6, 5's driving is great. Of course, something open world would rule, I'm not real interested in something that's just the team aspect.
Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

grimx133 wrote:I'd like to see GT6, 5's driving is great. Of course, something open world would rule, I'm not real interested in something that's just the team aspect.
And NO standard cars...all or nothing! If it is open world, it will probably be either based in Japan or Germany...those seem to be Kaz's favorite places lol
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
davejc64
Rookie
Rookie

So the cash cow milking again for Sony, expect MS to follow suit! :roll:
SORRY! - Signature currently unavailable - Please try again later!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

davejc64 wrote:So the cash cow milking again for Sony, expect MS to follow suit! :roll:
Yes, and they will perform the same routine in about 4 years time. With new tricks and improved genetics.

Rumor is they want to sell all games through the PlayStore Network. That will make a lot of retailers very happy, pff. All in the name of tackling the crackers.

Triple Milking Solution:

Buy the Console
Buy The Game
Pay The Network

And the Bonus Milkmachine, called DLC.

Thats a lot of Milk. Maybe it is cheaper to buy a Cow and make your own Cheese :twocents-02cents:

PS Why is there no Cow smiley :text-lol:

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

now that Sony announced the PS4, they upped the stakes for PC gamers. with the consoles now sporting 8 cores and 8 GB, PC gamers will have to follow suit or fall behind. my system is 5 years old now, an AMD 64x2 with 2 GB and a 9800GT GPU.

to upgrade i will need an 8 core 8 GB and the latest video card. im going to have to do it sometime this year, i feel the next round of games wont run on my current setup.

it might end up cheaper to get a PS4.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

@ Karu62

I dont think consoles will ever keep up with PCs, my PC has 8 cores and is over 2 years old :|

@ MadManCK :animals-cow: :animals-cow: :animals-cow: :animals-cow: I think you need to check the smilies again :laughing-rolling:
Image Image
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

i decided to google up " why game developers dont utilize multicore cpu's" and had an interesting read. i guess multi-core cpu's were done because of the frequency limits they attained, to go higher in performance meant more cores and parallel processing applications. as it turns out,parallel processing isnt that easy. applications have to syncronize data flow across the different cores, and the article pointed out the more cores you try to divide across, the harder it is to keep everything in sync. so devs just dont try. its easier to keep everything in a single thread.

the article also pointed out that multi-core cpu's are actually slower than single core cpu's because the cache's are designed to promote parallel data flow.

its looking to me that the PS4's main advancement is in video processing and memory, the multicore is going to remain largely unused.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Funny as TDU2 does use multi core CPU. Skyrim is also supposed to use multicores. But the HT is probably more in the way than helpful. Would be interesting to see why certain programs make better use of multicore than others. Syncing is probably just one issue. There might be more :geek:

You can bet your *ss they will use all cores in games. If not now then in the near future. They probably included protocols that make syncing a lot easier. Maybe the hardware will do it automatically.
Why put so much hardware in it when it is not going to be used? It will be used for sure. :twocents-02cents:

And it will indeed be a bargain if retailed at 500$ like announced. Some serious hardware for that price.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Latest on Drive Club

Evolution Studios' project lead Matt Southern interviewed

Link :link:
Image Image
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

looks like its going to have the physics and graphics. now to wait and see if they will have an open world. that would make it the end-all beat-all driving/racing game.

Return to “Other Racing Games”