Assetto Corsa

Vrooooooooooooooom!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

My best combined sector time would be 51.8 Now i need to glue them together somehow, lol.

This setup allows me to push the car a little. I like that. Also driving over curbs does not make the car jump meters away. There were still seconds between lap times. I have to bring that down to a few tenths.
Only changes i made were the gear ratios. But i did not save the last setup, lol. :angry-banghead:

:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
\/8

If you will cut right turn after the longest straight too much on the curb it will throw you away, but other than that it's pretty stable if you are not cutting too much ;) I made only small adjustments in suspension as I'm not confident in changing this part of the setup.
I found it easier to control with using only 5 gears that's why they are longer.
\/8

I got the gold with this setup. I'm not 100% happy with it but I'm tired of this car/track combo.
Attachments
51.zip
(520 Bytes) Downloaded 74 times
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Congratz :2thumbsup:

Getting Gold is really hard in Assetto, lol.

I just had a very bad experience on the Assetto forum. Seems like they are not really interested in constructive criticism about cars spinning out uncontrollable. If they don't like proper feedback, too bad.
I won't waste my time on them anymore. :handgestures-thumbdown:

I will try that setup later. Lets see if i can keep my head clear for 52 seconds. :occasion-snowman:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some interesting comparison video footage with the Huayra

Assetto Corsa vs Project Cars

The carbon textures in pCars are better, but the leather stitching in Assetto is much better.
Also Assetto makes clever use of the digital screen in the middle of the dash.
Car sound in pCars are crackling a bit, Asseto sounds more clean.
The car moves a bit more in pCars and probably feels more alive because of that while driving.

It is all in the details i presume.

I have to say this is also very consistent driving from that player, allowing for a great comparison video. :handgestures-thumbup:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

:character-blues:

\/8

Does CARS has the laser scanned tracks? There are big differences in the uphill/downhill parts of the track between AC and CARS. :?
In the last update 2 weeks ago they added tires marks on the surface as the session goes on, except for the hotlap mode where the tarmac is already covered by them. Now it looks less "plastic" than in the video, anyway time for the proper comparisons will come at the end of the year when both titles will be in their final versions. But both games are looking great IMO.
Today is the big day. If everything goes as planned. ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Did some hotlapping this morning. That setup is much nicer. I had to adapt a little to suit my driving. And i changed gear ratios.

I spent most of the time adjusting the setup. And that is exaclty why i quit playing sims a while back, lol :lol:
I want to drive, not spend hours in the garage fine tuning and tweaking my car.

I still have not performed a solid lap, but managed to do 10x 52's in a row, so the consistency is there.

Also logged in to RSR timing this time. I was just curious.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveT ... riends=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have to say that i think a 51.5 is very well possible. So the guys who did that kind of times must have maxed out their driving and setup very well. My best sector times combined are about 51.8 and maybe i can do a 51.6 if everything goes well.

But i don't believe the time of the current leader at 50.5. That is a second faster than the close group behind, who are all at around 51.5.
So maybe we have a cheater there, lol.

Anyway good fun driving the Lotus 125 S1 in Assetto Corsa. With a good setup it is much more immersive than the bad default setup they provide.

:character-blues:

\/8

Seriously? You've beat me by 0.004? :?
50.5 is suspicious that's true, but on the other hand he has WR's on almost every track in T125.
I think it's my best result on RSR, but I'm not an alien, so if I'm in top 50 it's a very good result for me. Usually I'm around 4-5s slower than the leader, but I'm still having fun. ;)
\/8

Just in case you didn't notice, MP is out. Getting on the server is pain in the ass, but if there won't be some demolition derby hero it's pretty cool.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

It's hard to find NA Servers, mostly EU with bad ping. Also it's hard to get in one, gotta wait for Booking, hardly any.

Return to “Other Racing Games”