Assetto Corsa

Vrooooooooooooooom!
\/8

I didn't say it's a bad result, especially that I'm a "midpack" guy. I didn't expect that much difference between the number of users of those apps.
I'm not sure now, but I think that default setups are the same for all tracks in every car. That's why for most tracks gear ratios are bad.
That was their plan from the beginning, to make a game completely open for modding which is great IMO. There are already some great mods in the W.I.P. stage and modding tools aren't released yet. Speaking of other apps "Tyre Temperatures and more" is very useful. Even if we don't have anything under "and more", just the tire temperatures :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Usually when drivers go to a new track, they get a factory setup that is engineerd with a lot of data from the track. Only fine tuning has to be done normally. It is very rare when a complete setup is changed.
So think that it would be more realistic to have an Engineers suggestion or someting like that, for every track. And a base factoy setup that already suits the track. For 90% or so. That leaves the fine tuning to the drivers.

Would be more sim as well. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Live timing app from RSR

http://nkpro.radiators-champ.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This morning i did a short stint on Siverstone National and did a 53.6 with the Lotus.
Still not optimal. Real hard to get a good setup.

And the cars slide too much. When they start to slide, it wont stop. This is really annoying and not realistic at all. It takes way too long before tires get grip again. A game flaw IMO. Especially for a simulator like this.
Because of this, you can not really push the car as you should be able to do.

I'll see if i can refine the setup some more.

:auto-swerve:
Desktop_2014_04_29_11_53_35_906.jpg

\/8

I tweaked my setup a little bit and get down to 52.3 and I'm done with this car/track combo, because I feel I won't be faster.
I wanted to attach my setup but I can't attach .ini file. I can post it on sendspace/zippyshare or something similar if you want to try it?
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

\/8 wrote: I wanted to attach my setup but I can't attach .ini file. I can post it on sendspace/zippyshare or something similar if you want to try it?
You can zip up files then upload them on the forum as attachments for others (so long as they are not to large I won't mind ;) )
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, that would be awesome. I got the gears right and lowerd the fuel from 200 liter to 20 lol. And brake balance a bit more to the rear. For the rest i did not change much. I'm a better driver than mechanic i suppose :ugeek:

It is hard to get a series of consistant fast laps in Assetto. Either you spin or get a stupid penalty. Way to rigid. If you get a wheel on the grass on a straight, you get penalized as wel, lol.

But i do like the Lotus. Just imagine having that thing IRL, lol.

With 52.3 you are just 0.3 removed from Gold for that track. But when i take a look at the leaderboards, only a few players are faster than 52 seconds lol.

Maybe you can ZIP it and attach it. 8-)

Edit, Bez confirmed that, lol :2thumbsup:

\/8

Bezrider wrote:
\/8 wrote: I wanted to attach my setup but I can't attach .ini file. I can post it on sendspace/zippyshare or something similar if you want to try it?
You can zip up files then upload them on the forum as attachments for others (so long as they are not to large I won't mind ;) )
LOL how could I forget about it? :lol:
MadManCK wrote: With 52.3 you are just 0.3 removed from Gold for that track. But when i take a look at the leaderboards, only a few players are faster than 52 seconds lol.
Damn now you're making me curious if I can make it under 52 to get the Gold :twisted:
As I said earlier I'm still learning how to make setups, so it may not be perfect, but it works for me. I found it interesting in AC as I never wanted to do it in any other game. ;)
Edit: Just a few little tweaks and 52.003 :)
I'll update my setup when I'll finish it.
Attachments
52.3.ini.zip
(524 Bytes) Downloaded 53 times
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Thank you for that setup. Not only did i manage a 52.2, it also allowed me to do consistent 52/53s in a row. Now i have to find a way to get under the 52. Either by better driving or tweaking the setup.

A good setup seems to be key in Assetto Corsa.

:rightthumbup:
Desktop_2014_04_30_20_56_06_725.jpg
[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

:auto-swerve:

\/8

I'm glad it worked for you. I can't get better today and I've run out of ideas for the setup. You can try lowering the front ARB from 10 to somewhere in 1/2/3 range and rear camber from -2.0 to -1.8 but it makes so tiny difference that I don't know if it's my driving or those tweaks :?

Return to “Other Racing Games”