Assetto Corsa

Vrooooooooooooooom!
\/8

Also I think they fixed understeering a little bit with the 0.8.5 (last update) or 0.8 update. Plus AI is improved so it's possible to race with them without destruction derby ;) They still have some strange moves and hairpins are hard for them. Yesterday I did 25 AI race on Monza in Evora GX and except the 1km/h parade in the chicane after the start everything went good. So yeah try the latest build ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I took the Lotus F1 inspired T125 for a spin this morning and the driving in Assetto has been improved. I still think the tires should bite the tarmac more. Can be more refined IMO. This was also my first try in the Lotus F1. 8-)

I drove in PRO settings with all assists off. Wheelspin and blocking brakes are hardly to avoid and that is great. You really need to balance the throttle and braking in Assetto.
Fastest laptime was 1.05 at Maggione. That can probably be a lot faster with driving aids enabled. But what's the fun in that?
I did unlock the gold achievement BTW. :2thumbsup:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
\/8

Most of the people are not complaining about the tire model. Those who are playing iRacing and AC are saying it's more slippery in iR, but both games are very good at it and AC is a little bit better than iR. I don't drive Exos because it's hard for me to control it with the gamepad and I don't want to play with assists. I see how fast/slow I'm with it on Magione. ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Once you start to slide a little, the tires don't find grip back again soon enough when slowing down a bit. The sliding seems to be too continuous and not dynamic enough imho. That is what i'm pointing at.
I need to try more cars to confirm this.

I want to be able to push the car to the limits. That is still hard to do in Assetto. More refinement in the tire model can bring that to the table. It is not bad, but still can be improved IMO. 8-)

My laps were driven with a margin because of that.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

\/8

A lot of things need to be added/improved but it's still in early access.
You used S1 version right? If the standard one then I'm @ 1.07 :oops: I'll try the S1 now and edit the post. :auto-layrubber:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is in the special events, modern section. I just drove it straight from the box, without tweaking the suspension or anything.
This was just to see how things have evolved over the last period of development. And it felt more solid already.

Maybe i will do another run later today. :auto-swerve:

Edit, as Assetto is equipped for external apps, i installed this laptime plugin.
It compares your times with those of others and friends as well.

http://rivalitempo-softgrip.rhcloud.com/apps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now i have to get it working in the game, lol. :party:

\/8

It's a standard version. You should try S1 on Magione. I was slower by 2 seconds than in the standard version at the beginning, if I completed a lap without spinning. ;) 1.06.2xx. I almost did that challenge but when I was going just 0.2 faster than <that lap I spin so I gave up :D Would be easier with at least dropping the fuel down and lower tires pressure. So in theory I'm in the 1.05 range if I would not spin :lol:

Edit: I'm using RSR Live Timing. It's the most popular and it's just 3 folders you need to copy to the game directory. Then you can launch a community challenge from their custom GUI in the game which will configure car/track combo for you. Or simply go to the hotlap mode. I haven't used Rivali, so I can't tell how it works but probably it's similar.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I got Rivali working (It means Rivals BTW, lol) and took a test drive on Silverstone (short) in the Lotus T125 S1.
After learning the track (and the penalty spots.. :twisted: ) i squeezed out a 56 sec flat laptime, enough for 19th spot globally.
Desktop_2014_04_26_16_16_32_693.jpg
That was driven with a default setup. Not too bad.
The Video of the fastest lap will be live later on Youtube.

:auto-driving:

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

\/8

In RSR world you would be ~200th globally ;)
I had similar time to yours on the default setup. I'm still learning how to make a good setup but I tweaked a little bit and get down to 53.4. which makes me 72nd globally or 22nd if you consider PRO Rank only.;)
I have to admit that it's easier for me to control T125 now after many hours in AC with other cars since I last touched it. But I had the same thing with Ferrari 312T. When they added it I couldn't handle it when drove it for the first time. After couple days when I tried it again it became really great car.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, yes it would have been strange to get a top 25 place after driving just 20 laps in default setup, without knowing the car or the track. Still a good effort.

Setting up the car to your liking is a different story. I thought the car jumped too much over curbstones and had too little grip with the rear wheels. Also the gear ratios are completely wrong for this track. And there are sections where you can most likely drive flatout with a good setup. Brake balance needs some tweaking etc.
I haven't done anything like that in Assetto corsa yet. I prefer to just drive, instead of having to temper with settings all the time. A better default setup would be appreciated by me, lol.

I see that the fastest times are around 52 seconds on Silverstone National. When you get used to the handling and specifics of Assetto and tweak settings a bit that must be possible.
I used to have games where you got a race engineer, who gave "advice" based on your performance and driving.
I guess in Assetto, you are your own race engineer as well, hahaha.
Maybe i will search the web for some advice for this little track.

Maybe i'll try some other plugins as well. Pretty cool the devs allow that kind of thing as it clearly boosts the fun with a little competitive driving.
There seems to be a whole community developing stuff for Assetto now. Not just the devs.

Return to “Other Racing Games”