Assetto Corsa

Vrooooooooooooooom!
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Assetto Corsa and Project Car's are indeed slightly different.
Project Car's has better graphics for one and a bit sticky'r handling.
Assetto Corsa has a lot of good mod's out there, more car's and map's but...
Alway's doing the same lap over and over again kinda bores me after a while.
I like the whole open world thing the crew and (to some extend) the nfs series has.

A good runner up is Automobilista, in some way's better then both AC and PC.
Way better sounding engines and sweet graphics on really nice tracks too.
Haven't got a chance to have a go at PC2 yet but that time will surely come.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK i grabbed Automobilista on Steam. :lol:

I did like Asseto first. It is a small team that also does some simulator software for the Ferrari Factory.
But it has some physics flaws. At least it had when i played it. Might be a lot better now. But i think it slides too much to be realistic.

The upside is that they use laser scanned tracks. Can't get any better than that.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:00 pm OK i grabbed Automobilista on Steam. :lol:

I did like Asseto first. It is a small team that also does some simulator software for the Ferrari Factory.
But it has some physics flaws. At least it had when i played it. Might be a lot better now. But i think it slides too much to be realistic.

The upside is that they use laser scanned tracks. Can't get any better than that.
Nice 1 :rightthumbup: pretty sure you won't regret that :clap:
They do update AC a lot (currently they have the 10th version of tyres lol) and it takes sometime to get used to simular to driving TDU1 in Hardcore mode.
But you are spot on with the track's , they are the best.
I would need to check but i think i have some stream's or recordings put up on my YT page.
Only Iracing does that too as far as i know, but i don't like the crowd that play's that or the monthly fee for it.
It also blows goats that you can loose your C, B or A class status if you are involved in a accident.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, unfortunately Crew and TDU and other open world games never give the real driving feeling of some of the sims.

There is still a niche market there to fill for some brave development team. Maybe one day someone will make a open world game with more realistic driving behavior. It does not even have to be 100% simulated, as jumps would break suspension etc.
I did drive Crew at the Ivory Tower studio on the original HC Mode (no assists) on a T500 and that was awesome. But nobody else could drive the CTR3 and they did not understand how i could drive it. Unfortunately they ditched that handling mode and released the game with nerfed handling to bring everything more close together for competition. Makes sense, but the base Crew physics are much better than the dinky handling it has now shows.
Something similar happened to TDU2, when they had to nerf the physics, because one of the Atari executives could not drive with it.
I say never back down to serve the weak. But they provided the money.... when they still had some :mrgreen:

I will re-install Assetto as well on my new PC when it is ready. 8-)

Edit; just grabbed all remaining DLC, including the awesome new Ferrari 70th anniversary pack. :2thumbsup:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/ferrari-70t ... sary-pack/

But i really hope they ditched the pre-programmed slides. You can not control those and that ruins the experience for me. If things go wrong, i like to catch the car and continue and not automatically spin into the gravel. It even continued to do so after a forced lock up brake straight line slide. Loose the brakes and the spin continued its pre-programmed path. And there were more things like that. Some of these "solutions" did not feel right and outdated.

In addition to that, there were no good "factory" setups. And that is unrealistic. Every team and manufacturer sets the car up right for each track to begin with. Fine tuning will get you the last couple of tenths. And i really do not want to spend 75% of the game time setting up my car. Last time i played, i used the setup from a friend. And beat his time with it. :mrgreen:

One of the reasons i prefer open world games where you can just get in the car and drive. If the base setup is OK, you can have instant driving fun, like you should. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Yeah i was hoping Speed Elixir would have come out, but they are very delayed to put it mildly :loll:

In my experience it wasn't that hard to get a grip when things tended to go sideway's in AC.
Only cockup's i had was when i was to enthousiastic when drifting.

I only did setup's for community races, the rest of the time i just used the standard setup's.

I have a pretty good guide on how to setup a car and what does what if you're interested :think:
Attachments
RD-Setup-Guide-1.0.pdf.7z
(727.5 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, than the standard setups must have improved a lot. When i played it, the game was not released yet and in some alpha state. They used the early acces to fund their project. But a basic setup was absent most of the time. You had to figure out everything.

The sudden brake aways were with winged cars and downforce. They should snap at a certain point. But in the early Assetto versions it happened without notification and without any chance of recovery. In reality i have seen talented drivers catch the car in these moments with very quick hands, where others indeed become passengers. That was not possible in assetto.
In a sim like this a good FFB is also key. The feedback should compensate for the lack of real G-forces. Visuals and sound alone are not enough when driving without assists.

I will look into that guide. I used to be quite good setting up my cars. But that was in the GPL era. Now called iRacing. 8-)

The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:22 pm Lol, than the standard setups must have improved a lot. When i played it, the game was not released yet and in some alpha state. They used the early acces to fund their project. But a basic setup was absent most of the time. You had to figure out everything.
oh it really has changed very much since those day's, slightly more slippery then project cars but not much.
good ffb that will give you plenty of notice when things tend to go sideways with a good recovery very possible.
if i remember correct you use a fanatec clubsport right? i'm using a t500rs so you should not have troubles there :rightthumbup:

also a ton of mods available for it, my version currently is almost 200gb with some huge maps and even the complete
GTA vice city map to drive around in.

you really have to give it another go now, since so much has changed, all tracks have a pretty good basic setup too :2thumbsup:
and that guide will give you the tools to make adjustments to your liking on any track.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Assetto Corsa's Open World Mod in Japan :eeek: TDU Vibes

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This looks awesome how do i get my hands on it. :D
Image Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:22 pm This looks awesome how do i get my hands on it. :D
Installation Guide with the same guy from the video above.

I'm in the process of installing it myself, it's quite a process though, but don't let it throw you off I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. :rightthumbup:

Return to “Other Racing Games”