Assetto Corsa

Vrooooooooooooooom!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... =128612208
http://www.youtube.com/user/KUNOSSimula" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ture=watch

I came by this SIM racing project from an Italian based dev team, KUNOSSimulazione. Looks very cool IMO.

:character-blues:

[youtube]QDUZ5RZeh-o[/youtube]
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks real nice but I think it will find it hard to compete with Project cars.

like it says on its web site it is more of a company that dose the background work on driving games, and has decided to dip its toe in the water and see if it can go it alone.
Image Image
Driiven
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Looks alright.

Would pick it up if I had a decent wheel. Anyways, here is some gameplay.

[youtube]6CvYtRxu49E[/youtube]

CK Edit: Fixed :ugeek:

GT: Gobes
The Ferrari Club
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://www.assettocorsa.net/ac-technology-preview-it/

You can try it out with the Lotus Elise on the Italian Magione Track. You will need a netKar PRO activation code to make it work.

:link:
http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

i'm going to play it in beta, unless beta is done :(
nathan is a mexican!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This game should be released soon®

I think i'll grab it. Has the looks and realistic physics. Most real driver "sims" have outdated graphics. I like some eye candy as well as good driving.

Beta is still available if you get Netkar Pro for 4$, but i would wait for the release. Can't be far now.

EDIT: Just grabbed it anyway. Good way to support the team :mrgreen:

:auto-swerve:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/lotus-exige-s-roadster-2/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just did some testing on PRO level, with stickshift and clutch and i have to say this is one of the best driving sims i have ever driven.
Even with only the Lotus Elise and one track you can feel how this car comes to live on the track.
Also the epic support for my CSW/CSP and DSD are a big factor. Shifting lights, speed on the wheel, very good FFB and the ability to place more information apps on screen than you can imagine. I only used laptimes BTW.
I managed to do 1.30 flat laps a few times in a row with 1.29.7 as an ideal time, based on my best sector times. Kept the car in stock settings.
With no ABS, TC or SC you have to work hard to keep the car on track, like it should be.

Very promising project and i will grab this one for sure once it hits the shelves. 8-)

PS I will have to find an alternative way to record the gameplay as the same Function buttons are used within the game.

Edit found a way. Nvidia Shadowplay does not work on this gamedemo somehow but Afterburner did the job.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Early access to the game on Steam now. Next to the technology preview version (you can get for just 4€) now there is an option to get in the game and help develop with feedback and bug reports. Pre-release version.
With a large discount as well. 35€. I'll grab it. :mrgreen:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What the developers say:

“Assetto Corsa is already in advanced state of completion. Meanwhile some features and structures are under progress and testing, the developers have decided to offer the immediate access to the basic features and contents included in the game, to satisfy the requests of the AC followers. A first, light build of Assetto Corsa is now available for download on Steam Early Access.

The first build of Assetto Corsa includes the main structure of the game and 8 classes of cars for a total number of 11 vehicles, with the aim to guarantee just from the beginning the chance to enjoy the dynamic model of the game racing with different kind of vehicles.

Players can buy the game saving 22% of the retail price, getting the access to the beta version, including its updates, and they will receive the final version of the game, when it will be released, without any additional charge.”
List of contents available in AC Early Access 1.0:

CARS

PRODUCTION
- ABARTH 500 ESSEESSE
- LOTUS ELISE SC
- LOTUS EXIGE SCURA

GT
- BMW M3 E30 EVOLUZIONE
- BMW M3 E92
- BMW Z4 E89

GTR
- BMW M3 GT2

CLASSIC GP
- CLASSIC TEAM LOTUS TYPE 49

SUPERCAR
- FERRARI 458 ITALIA

TRACKDAY
- KTM X-BOW R

OPEN WHEEL
- TATUUS FA01

TRACKS

- AUTODROMO DI MAGIONE
- AUTODROMO DI IMOLA
- SILVERSTONE - INTERNATIONAL
- AUTODROMO DI MONZA CLASSIC 60'S EDITION

grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

ok, I grabbed it, though the only game I'm really looking forward to is The Crew. Hope I can manage another 6000+ hours on that, like TDU2.

that was a waste of 40 bucks, Didn't play in win8.1, now I'll try in win7, but I'm somewhat skeptical.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

grimx133 wrote:ok, I grabbed it, though the only game I'm really looking forward to is The Crew. Hope I can manage another 6000+ hours on that, like TDU2.

that was a waste of 40 bucks, Didn't play in win8.1, now I'll try in win7, but I'm somewhat skeptical.
The Crew is at least one Year away from release.
This is a total different ballgame off course. A proper driving sim with pleasant visuals made by real pros.

It should support W8.1 according to the specs.
Recommended:
Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 (AMD Radeon HD 7870, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660)
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: Integrated
I will drive some Assetto later today. I had no problems running the Technology Demo on W7, so i don't expect too many issues with the Pre-Release Version. :geek:

Return to “Other Racing Games”