Assetto Corsa

Vrooooooooooooooom!
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I got it working. Finally I can enjoy the game, now just need more cars, tracks and a multiplayer mode.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

dpuff wrote:I got it working.
Great :handgestures-thumbup:

Maybe you can share your knowledge with Grimx133, as he seems to be stuck in the setup menu. 8-)

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Requirements to run Assetto Corsa

Minimum Requirements

OS: Windows Vista SP2 32-bit (with KB971512 platform update)
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
Memory: 4GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 10.1 (AMD Radeon HD 3870, Nvidia GeForce GT 220)
Graphics Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 15 GB

Recommended Requirements

Processor: AMD Six-Core CPU, Intel Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 6 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
Graphics Memory: 3 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB

Supported game devices

Any game device recognized by Microsoft Direct Input, including keyboard, mouse, joypads, joysticks, steering wheels.
Ready for nVidia 3D Vision, Track IR-Pro, Oculus Rift.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

im wondering how they plan to keep funding the game its all well and good to add new content etc but soon enough they will have online mode so will this be a paid for feature because surely they don't expect to maintain ,upgrade and add new content to a game you pay one off fee of $40 if that's the case i hope they don't expect to make a profit.

Promotion
Patches
Wages/salarys
Servers
Licenses

all that cost money i know its only early access so high chance price will rise once its in a complete state but surely they must have some way to make this game profitable take iRacing it is subscription based and paid for addons so we know how they cover the bills.

How does Assetto Corsa plan to stay alive its tough gaming market at the moment and i fear that DLC only wont keep them a float

Im just thinking out loud my 2 cents worth

I just spent a few hours playing it there's to much focus on the eye candy on it i think the handling still needs alot of tweaking feels like an old Grand tursimo i used to play seems to have alot of under-steer issues and is defiantly no iRacing substitute

I do like controller setup section very nice

Drift mode needs alot of work but i guess thats part of early access great game for bit of rest time

Im really interested in how the online mode will work and how they will separate arcade drivers from sim drivers
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like this is coming along nicely :dance:
Image Image
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

that's a pretty high recommended system requirement. I have the 6 core/ 6 gb covered. but my video card is only a 2 gb 650. I am waiting for the 760's to come down off their $250 price tag. when they get below $180 ill think about buying. the 650 is ok, but has its limits. I cannot run some of the Skyrim mods like lush grass and lush trees because my Video card isn't up to the task. I am still a little worried it wont hold up to The Crew.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some fun in the BMW M3 at Imola

:auto-swerve:

\/8

It's so quiet here. MP is coming next week. :auto-driving:
Dear followers,

every year 25th April is celebrated as the Liberation Day in Italy. This day marks the end of fascist regime after the end of the Second World War in 1945, and the day commemorates the people who laid down their lives fighting the fascism.
25th April is a public holiday in Italy. There are robust celebrations around the country to commemorate this day. Large processions are taken out in major parts of the country, and a general sense of celebration and bonhomie is prevalent throughout Italy on this day.

The next update of Assetto Corsa Early Access will include the multiplayer mode and was previously scheduled for tomorrow's release; our work in the last two months has been strongly focused to complete and deliver this feature properly. We have also made investments to set several free public servers for our users and a proper lobby for servers created by, users, leagues, simracing websites and so on. However, due to the 25th April celebration, we might have some issues to get the best possible support from our italian based server provider, right at launch day.

Multiplayer is one of the most awaited features for a lot of simracing enthusiasts, but in order to properly test in public the multiplayer mode, we need to get the best technical support possible; for this reason, and also in order to improve multiplayer functionalities and to develop some additional features, tomorrow's release has been shifted to Friday 2nd, May. This delay will allow us to release the multiplayer in a working day, getting fast and proper support by our provider, if needed. We are pretty sure you understand that we are working at our best to provide the best gaming experience we can. Thank you for your kind support and attention.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Haven't played Assetto lately. Last time it still had way too much understeer. Hope they improved the driving a little. Especially grip and tire models.

MP will only be fun if the driving is spot on.

But i do like the fact that they try to create a simulator, that has some eye candy as well. Most serious sims are just old with dull graphics from last century. We need some fresh approach 8-)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to the Guys at SimRacing, the tiremodel is on par with iRacing now.
I will have to check out the latest builds i suppose, lol :lol:
That Lotus F1 looks sweet as well 8-)

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

Return to “Other Racing Games”