Vrooooooooooooooom!
User avatar
By MadManCK
Rank: Site Admin
#22712
\/8 wrote: They are doing really good job, especially if you consider how small the studio is. I doubt if there's even 20 people there, you can't compare it to the big companies like EA or Ubi.
This^

Assetto is a very small group of developpers. And they made a very cool game and project.
But they are also not listening very good to feedback. So i wont give them any.
In addition to that, the default setups for each track are beloni. Very unrealistic and lazy imo.
I only play on occasion for now. I used to be more enthousiastic about it. Maybe i will try it in a couple of months to see where it stands then.

Right now we have a lot of fun in Grid Autosport.
A bit less "sim" and a lot less pretentious than "sims" like Assetto.
And they actually listen to feedback and do something with it :2thumbsup:
User avatar
By \/8
Rank: Apprentice
#22727
MadManCK wrote:
\/8 wrote: They are doing really good job, especially if you consider how small the studio is. I doubt if there's even 20 people there, you can't compare it to the big companies like EA or Ubi.
This^

Assetto is a very small group of developpers. And they made a very cool game and project.
But they are also not listening very good to feedback. So i wont give them any.
In addition to that, the default setups for each track are beloni. Very unrealistic and lazy imo.
I only play on occasion for now. I used to be more enthousiastic about it. Maybe i will try it in a couple of months to see where it stands then.

Right now we have a lot of fun in Grid Autosport.
A bit less "sim" and a lot less pretentious than "sims" like Assetto.
And they actually listen to feedback and do something with it :2thumbsup:
I didn't experienced any bad reactions/behaviors (don't know how to call it, but you know what I mean) from them to any feedback. Unless it's something like trolls saying "this game is crap, back to RRRE".
I reported couple bugs too and they always react quickly.

About the default setups, there's one setup for each car and it's the same for every track.
Now don't quote me on this one, but I think I read somewhere that default setups are the same/similar to how cars are set when going out of the factory.

And I wouldn't call it lazy, I'd say it's because of priorities. There's one guy who is making physics for the game, so I guess he's also making setups. Right now we have around 40 cars and 10 tracks (without drag strips and drift track), so it would take some time to do different setup for each car/track combo.
Of course it would be a big + to have that "feature", but again we are getting to the same point... small company.
User avatar
By MadManCK
Rank: Site Admin
#22729
I know. But usually a factory setup is good driveable on that track. And you only need some finetuning or tweaking to get a right setup for you.

I used your setup on one of their tracks.

I had one bad experience with them about some feedback. Was not trolling at all. But they pick feedback they can fix easy or something like that. This was an essential flaw in the physics that is hard to get right.
Don't really blame them. But they closed a thread and did not behave nice. So i won't give them anything anymore. Their loss.

And i will play it on occasion. There are some good sites with some basic setups and good guides as well.
But i don't like spending half my time setting up a car and just want to drive.
The driving is pretty good in Assetto. And i like the graphics too. Much better than the outdated iRacing or Race07.
Somehow the game has a good vibe.

But i also think pCars will blow it away in many aspects. :lol:
User avatar
By \/8
Rank: Apprentice
#22744
MadManCK wrote:I had one bad experience with them about some feedback. Was not trolling at all. But they pick feedback they can fix easy or something like that. This was an essential flaw in the physics that is hard to get right.
Don't really blame them. But they closed a thread and did not behave nice. So i won't give them anything anymore. Their loss.
Could you post link here or send me PM?
MadManCK wrote:And i will play it on occasion. There are some good sites with some basic setups and good guides as well.
But i don't like spending half my time setting up a car and just want to drive.
Yeah but that's the important side of (sim)racing.
MadManCK wrote:But i also think pCars will blow it away in many aspects. :lol:
Every game has pros and cons.
pCars looks like upgraded Shift or Shift 3, which had the potential. It has a good graphics, nice variety of cars and tracks.
AC seems to be more focused on the driving aspect. Like you said graphics is nice, but for e.g. it's missing "live" crowd. Honestly I didn't notice any crowd until someone posted a screen on AC forum, I just want to look on the road, completely opposite to The Crew, but these are two different worlds.
We'll see.
Many good games are coming this fall, at least 4 decent looking racing titles: The Crew, AC, pCars, Next Car Game. And some non racing games like GTA V.
Looks like it will be a tough time for my wallet. :)
User avatar
By davejc64
Rank: Apprentice
#22840
I fear that the devs have bitten off more than they can chew with this game, I don't know their history and what if anything they have done before, but I get the feeling they are attempting to run before they can walk, in a sense I hope I am wrong, but if they are selective about what feedback they listern to it all sounds a bit too familiar and anyone who has experience of TDU2 will know exactly what I mean! :roll:
User avatar
By MadManCK
Rank: Site Admin
#22855
This dev team has a different attitude than Eden, lol. But they prioritize on what they think is important for them or need to be improved. It is their product, but they are maybe a little arrogant. Maybe you have to be like that to pull off a project like this. :lol:

Like i said before, Assetto Corsa has a good vibe to it. And that alone is an achievement.
I will keep following the progress with interest. :party:
User avatar
By \/8
Rank: Apprentice
#22873
Attention: Wall of text. :eeek:

I found your thread and I see it a bit different than you. Maybe because I didn't see it when you posted it and didn't participate I got a "clearer" view.
First of all let's exclude (for a moment) some forum users who jumped on you in the middle part.
Kunos didn't say if you are wrong or not with your statement. They asked you about a video, but you said there won't be any video and the problem is there. With the video it would be easier to point out what's the problem and if there would be problem with the game it would be also easier for them to replicate it.
Now let's include other members, it started to get out of control and because you didn't want to post a video, devs decided it's better to close it, because further discussion would be pointless.
Nothing arrogant IMO.
MadManCK wrote:But they prioritize on what they think is important for them or need to be improved.
100% agree on that.
They do listen but they won't stop doing "their" stuff and start making what people want right here right now. And it's fair IMO, show me any company that is making games in "what we should do now guys" style. The problem with the feedback is people don't understand what they are part of - Early Access. You can't request things to be added in this stage of development, let them release a full game. Then you can point out what they said they will do but didn't, what they could do in the future. Kunos said that AC will be supported and developed for the next 5 years. This means adding new content, updates (of course not every 2 weeks).
Most of the guys posting "feedback" under every news on FB and every couple days on forum is "add car X next" :D
davejc64 wrote:I fear that the devs have bitten off more than they can chew with this game, I don't know their history and what if anything they have done before, but I get the feeling they are attempting to run before they can walk, in a sense I hope I am wrong, but if they are selective about what feedback they listern to it all sounds a bit too familiar and anyone who has experience of TDU2 will know exactly what I mean! :roll:
I didn't hear about them earlier too, but now I know that they made NetKar Pro which was also a simulator. People are saying that it was a good sim, but it wasn't very popular.
User avatar
By MadManCK
Rank: Site Admin
#22879
The problem with Assetto is that once your car begins to spin, there is virtually no recovery as the spin is automated and pre programmed, while in other sims you can recover or stuff like that. And i also discovered that part of that mechanism is embedded within the physics.
You can test that by deliberately throw a car into a spin, lock up the brakes (this will send you in a straight line), release the brakes and the spin continues where it was before you started to brake. All pre-programmed, like an Arcade game.

So even when you think you do the driving, sometimes the software is intervening in a bad way etc.
In other racing sims i can recover from bad situations. In Assetto not allways. There are flaws in the grip slider or whatever.
I simply had no video to show them and don't want to waste my youtube channel with stuff like that.
I made a clear description and if they don't understand what i meant, too bad, as there were at least a dozen others who clearly understood. Indeed a lot of unrelated clutter as well. And no moderator to clean it up. That is bad practise also. And what you don't know is the PMs etc. So i leave it with that.

I still like the game BTW. But if they do not take me serious, neither will i them. :lol:

:auto-swerve:
User avatar
By grooks10
Rank: Pit Crew
#43093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv-cPGa9Zsg

So this is pretty huge! This may mean that EA no longer has an exclusive license with Porsche! This may especially be true since I know Project Cars 2 may be getting the manufacturer as well!

My only question now is whether this will be DLC for the consoles or if it will come with the base console release. :think:
User avatar
By MadManCK
Rank: Site Admin
#43096
I have not played Assetto for a while now. The physics had some awkward pre programmed spins in it. It also slides a lot more than pCars does. i think pCars is better and more realistic compared to real driving.
But the Assetto project is awesome. The development team is pretty small.

Have to reboot is sometime. :party:
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
They Are Billions

They Are Billions This game is doing my head […]

PC Water Cooling

Nice, long time in the making, but hope you get it[…]

Formula1 Talk

Yes, F-E starts to get mature quickly now. Lots of[…]

Project CARS 2 DLC

Although the Porsche Legends Pack hasn't been full[…]