Wreckfest

Vrooooooooooooooom!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Multiplayer:

Implemented LAN multiplayer for both race and derby, currently supports up 12 players. Please note that the performance of the server has a significant effect on the client's performance, and if the server is struggling you might experience additional lag on the clients. If you experiencing lag, it's recommended to lower the quality settings via the launcher.
Nice, lots of cool stuff including this ^^^^^^^^ :banana-dance:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:Next Car Game Triple Screen in Ultra settings 4K dirty race
Lol, that is a nice setup with 3x 32" monitors. But they are 1080p and not 4K.
Edit, he probably refered to recording it with a camera in 4K. A bit confusing as i was expecting his race rig to be 4K
Excellent FPS with 2 GTX780ti in SLI

I will probably go for 3x 27" but not soon® :P

EDIT, yes, multiplayer with 12 players FTW :2thumbsup:

:mrgreen: .
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Update 2014-07-09
9 July - jannesBB

The latest update for Next Car Game is now available, change log below:

Added Sandpit1 alternative route, both normal and reverse layouts.
Increased steering angle and retuned controller settings. Especially gamepad and keyboard controllers should be more responsive now.
Retuned all cars and suspension setups so that the cars would behave more realistically - with most suspension setups the cars now have a tendency to understeer while cornering unless grip is lost, at which point the cars will exhibit oversteer. However, except for the most extreme situations the oversteer should be manageable. In many cases different suspension setups now also have a significant effect on the car handling, so be sure to test them all to find your favorite!
Increased tarmac and gravel friction.
Reworked Stability Control profiles; the Full setting has more strength now while the Half setting should only counter for most serious errors by preventing from spinning out.
Retuned brake balance for all brake kits to tame the tendency to spin out when braking while cornering.
Implement a three second no-collision cooldown period for resetting the car.
Increased player advantage in car-to-car collisions.
Increased side and back strength for a number of vehicles.
Increased wheel strength for 01_American (American Muscle) to prevent it detaching too easily.
Reduced deform strength in minor impacts.
Added a few aggressive AI profiles to the pack.
Added Look Left and Look Right camera controls support for keyboard.
Removed the obsolete Reverse Camera keybinding, should fix cases in which the Look Back button was not working when Reverse Camera was binded.
Fixed an issue in which the vehicle strip in garage was out of screen boundaries when using extreme wide resolutions.
Reduced vertical size of the launcher window to make it fit nicely on certain laptop screens.
Set V-Sync to disabled by default.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Got some ideas for The Next Car Game then head on over to the forums, they want your ideas.
[tweet][/tweet]
Link: http://t.co/O1n0uz5wUR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey all y'all!

We're soon putting together the first stage of social features NCG will have. I have a pretty good idea what I want the game to have, but claiming I have this perfect system planned would be hubris. And also oh so very untrue -- nobody can make such ludicrous claims. So, I'm asking you to chip in, both because making the whole development process even more transparent is cool, but also because this way we'll ensure that we'll get the social features down to pat.
So. Tell us:

What kind of social features would you like to see in Next Car Game?

So far planned:

-A chat system. This really works well on PC only, though.

-Radial commentary system for quick quips and oneliners. At the moment I'm leaning for 4-6 lines you can select from a radial menu you can bring up by holding down e.g. a shoulder button of your controller, or map them to your keyboard. These oneliners could be preselected from a set of styles (e.g. Hillbilly, Greaser, Speed Racer, Rudie), and include stuff like "I'll get you next time, Gadget!" and "Choke on my exhaust, granpa!". The idea here is that you can do some light commentary during the race that won't require you to start typing while driving (remember, kids, texting and driving is against the law!)

-Team system. Racing teams would allow friends to form a racing "guild" of sorts, where people can share resources, money, XP and all that. We're very much at the starting line with this part of the social side. What features would you like to see in a racing team?

-Easy-to-use forming of group. Everyone wants to race with buddies, that's a given. So, we need to make a system where it's easy to form a group with friends, and then taking that group to the tracks in one piece, instead of the game forcing you to split up to different servers. (I've seen games where that happens, and it's always a major annoyance.) As there'll be multiplayer modes that pit team vs. team, keeping your friends group together so you all stay on the same side is also important.

-Ready - Gimme a Sec - Not Ready signals in the lobby, so the host knows when everyone's good to go. If a player is typing, his/her name will flash so everyone knows that the player may be ready, but is about to comment something in the chat.

-Leaderboards that compare your results to those of your friends, instead of the faceless masses of every player ever. Nobody cares if you're #2983 in Most Wrecked Cars list, but everyone will care if it says "You have wrecked more cars than your best buddy!" :)

We have other features planned as well, but let's start with these :)
What else would make for a good social feature, and why?
If you got a game in mind where a feature is done really well, you can use that as an example to make your point clearer.
Image Image
Purple44
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I did my post. :)

Next Build, we are hoping the LAN mode will work with Tunngle this time. The LAN Bridger program turn out to be too much of a headache and we were getting major lag when US join Euro host or Euro player join US host.

Fix LAN Mode to work with Tunngle, Hamachi and all other VPN Clients
Pca9
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Just bought this game, being this good in early access is very promising:D!"
Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a ferrari than on a bus
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Pca9 wrote:Just bought this game, being this good in early access is very promising:D!"
Yes, they call it pre-alpha, but i have seen worse betas. :lol:

Pca9
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

MadManCK wrote:
Pca9 wrote:Just bought this game, being this good in early access is very promising:D!"
Yes, they call it pre-alpha, but i have seen worse betas. :lol:
haha, yeah, I can't wait this game with multiplayer and other maps, it will be amazing :2thumbsup: :rightthumbup: !
Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a ferrari than on a bus
Purple44
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Bugbear has said they hope to have new Build ( #6 ) out sometime next week if things go ok, no snags.

New Build going have online multiplayer. :2thumbsup:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index ... 782.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jori Virtanen
A taste of things to come:

Today we tested real deal online multiplayer with two new game modes, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. They need tweaking, sure, but they're here, and they work!
In addition, we now have road side spectator cameras so you can watch how the rest of the race proceeds.
All this makes the next build worth the wait, no? :)
Good times, good times \o/
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice, finally a chance to smack up or be smacked up :2thumbsup:

:loll:

Return to “Other Racing Games”