Forza Horizon 3 Trailer

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

grooks10 wrote: Also, you have poopers like me who just hate Forza's paint shop so much that they refuse to buy another Forza game. :(
What is it about the paint shop you don't like, I always thought it was one of the best in my opinion. :o
Image Image
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:What is it about the paint shop you don't like, I always thought it was one of the best in my opinion. :o
Well, in TDU2, you could adjust the camera so that you would be able to paint every body panel evenly and not have any of the stickers look like they are stretched over the body panels. In Forza, some cars have gaps on bumpers that cannot be painted (I'm looking at you, BMW 1M), and because each side of the car is its own 2D canvas, curved body panels create this unsightly stretching. So yes, there are tons of options to create stickers, save designs, create custom images, etc., but when the fundamental mechanics of the paint editor are so broken, it's all useless! And I would know because these problems existed from Forza 1 all the way to Forza 5. I haven't touched 6 or Horizon 2, so I can't say if they've updated it at all, but it was really infuriating in the older games.

And you guys have seen some of my paints, so you realize how much I pay attention to the minor details, so even any gaps, stretching, or flickering stickers just boils my blood! Also, the cars look really clean and solid in the garage, but the paint jobs gets REALLY blurry when you are out driving. It's especially obvious in bonnet cam. It's that stuff that gets to me. And that was never a problem in TDU2 surprisingly!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just a quicky, will i be able to get the VIP membership after the game has been released? My dream car is in the list :text-lol:
nathan is a mexican!!
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

grooks10 wrote:
Prepsi wrote:This is the final nail in the coffin for The Crew. 4K Support, Cross Platform play, Forza's amazing, variety-packed car list. I just hope the port ends up being better than that awful version of Forza 6 you guys got.
I doubt that. Horizon 3 will go the same way as all of the other Forza games; people will stop playing it in a year and move on to the next one. That's not to say that it's a bad game, but The Crew is at least a better platform for building a bigger, longer-lasting experience. Also, you have poopers like me who just hate Forza's physics and paint shop so much that they refuse to buy another Forza game. :(
You know what, you're right! That's why The Crew continues to lag behind Forza Horizon 2 in total people playing according to the Xbox store, despite being 100 percent free at the time I typed this! :roll:
Last edited by Prepsi on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

snake250 wrote:Just a quicky, will i be able to get the VIP membership after the game has been released? My dream car is in the list :text-lol:
The only thing pre-ordering gets you is the early access. The Deluxe and Ultimate editions that come with the VIP membership will always be available unless M$ decides to pull them in favor of a new bundle.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:
The "Drone Mode" sounds awesome, and I can't wait to build up my Horizon festival. It also sounds like they're adding more hard/classic rock to the stations too.
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Prepsi wrote:You know what, you're right! That's why The Crew continues to lag behind Forza Horizon 2 in total people playing according to the Xbox store, despite being 100 percent free at the time I typed this! :roll:
Wait, are you saying that a game that's part of one of the most advertised and well established franchises in gaming is outperforming a brand new IP?! That's lunacy!

No, what I want to establish is that both Ivory Tower and Turn 10/Playground Games are seeking to establish long lasting audiences and maintain their players' interest. Turn 10/PG do so by making a new game every year, while Ivory Tower updates the gameplay of their current title. I'm not saying one way is objectively better than the other. But I am definitely not a person who is willing to fork over $60 every year. So each person will have their own preference of game type and financial commitment.

And there is no way that Horizon 3 will be able to just blot out the existence of The Crew, purely because they aim for different play styles. Ivory Tower has even said that the vast majority of play time in The Crew is spent in free drive with people just exploring the map. Horizon games tend to focus more on actual events and competitions, which also doesn't suit me very well. So for the people who want to compete, they will get Horizon, and the people who just want to drive will have The Crew.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Some new gameplay. :D
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

It looks like something that could be well worth getting :)

Return to “Forza Horizon 3”