Forza Horizon News

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

• Additional information on Forza Horizon 3's new 'Forzathon' feature - as demonstrated in the E3 2016 and Gamescom demo builds - have been disclosed in new interviews from Gamescom. Image
    Following on from the original Polygon article, Ralph Fulton (Forza Horizon 3's Creative Director) revealed to IGN the Forzathons will be scheduled at least a month in advance via an in-game calendar system, though it's unknown if this will also mean a synopsis and details on the reward will also be published when these challenges are first announced.

This also suggests more information on the Forzathons that are set to start in October will be revealed prior to the release of the Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition on 23rd September. Information provided to IGN on the Forzathon difficulties suggest they'll range from easy to, as Fulton is quoted as saying, "really fiendish".

Prizes that can only be awarded through these Forzathon challenges will also vary from "comedy horn packs" (thus confirming players can trigger car horns in some capacity in Forza Horizon 3) to in-all-but-name Unicorn cars.

Fulton did iterate, though, that the more popular prizes will be featured in future Forzathon events, thus allowing players who weren't able to acquire a more noteworthy prize the first time around or would wish to own a duplicate to have another chance at winning the item in question. Additional details on Forza Horizon 3 are anticipated to be disclosed throughout Gamescom and in the additional weeks prior to the game's release. - See more at: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments ... moHYN.dpuf
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Lots of new info in this video. :D
Image Image
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'm glad to see that they decided to put in a dense city. I feel like those environments are more detailed and interesting to explore. And the customization is finally improving. It used to be so good in the early Forza games, but then it just turned into most cars only being able to have a splitter and a stupid looking spoiler. I'm really glad that they are making progress in that area. But I'm sure they have a long way to go before they can even come close to competing with Need for Speed. I also wonder how much of this will translate over to the next Forza Motorsport. It sure seems like the Horizon series has been their grounds for experimentation with weather, customization, cross-platform play, or whatever else they want to try out. So good job Playground Games! :rightthumbup:
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This game is designed to run cross platform. But will you need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to be able to play online?

So pay 100$ first and another monthly fee? I would like to know.

Some more info about the DX12 XB1/W10

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:This game is designed to run cross platform. But will you need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to be able to play online?

So pay 100$ first and another monthly fee? I would like to know.

Some more info about the DX12 XB1/W10

I doubt they would do that, especially considering as how in the past GFWL didn't need a subscription to run.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

The latest rumor going around is that we might be getting a demo of Forza Horizon 3 early around the 12th of September, this would make sense as it would be a good opportunity to test things out on a large scale like the cross platform compatibility. :geek:
Image Image
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:The latest rumor going around is that we might be getting a demo of Forza Horizon 3 early around the 12th of September, this would make sense as it would be a good opportunity to test things out on a large scale like the cross platform compatibility. :geek:
Yeah, I would bet that they want to run some stress tests. I wonder what all will be in the demo? Will it just be the stuff from E3, or will it be a part of the map? I don't ever remember any other Horizon demos.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It was important to us and Playground that, not only would we come up with a diverse car list of over 350 cars, but that we add more visual customization options for as many of them as we could. We added new visual upgrade parts for close to 100 cars, broadly grouped into these themes:
  • Wide Body Kits, mainly those by Rocket Bunny/Pandem and Liberty Walk, but also some vintage flared bolt-on fenders. Total number of cars is somewhere between 20-25
  • Rally and Offroad: things like light clusters, mudflaps, roof vents, bull-bars, 'roo bars, winches, etc. - these were added to a pretty large number of cars and trucks, somewhere between 45-50.
  • Visible blowers: a lot of classic muscle cars now have a new hood option which includes a visible supercharger - somewhere around 20 cars.
  • Roof Racks: not as many cars as the above got special roof racks, but there are some pretty unique roof racks that have been added, and a few unexpected surprises in store.
You can install these parts individually as usual, or use the new "upgrade presets" option to apply a complete upgrade package that also comes with additional performance and handling tuning by Playground's car handling gurus. The CARS tab in the menu now has an "upgrade heroes" tile that lets you browse cars which have the new upgrade presets available. You can also tinker with your car as usual after you install a preset upgrade package, changing performance parts, bumpers, wings, etc. if that car has multiple options.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

FH3 Demo now available to download for Xbox One, hoping PC to follow. :D
Link: FH3 Download

Forza Horizon 3 X1 Demo Debut! on Twitch
Image Image

Return to “Forza Horizon 3”