User avatar
By Beardroid91
Rank: Petrol Head
#45300
Prepsi wrote:
Bear304 wrote:
Prepsi wrote:
Bear304 wrote:Looks kinda meh... i don't think it is worth getting over The Crew.
You're kidding, right?
Actually i'm not.
Unlocked framerate, car list with far more cars that is far more diverse, in depth tuning system which allows you to adjust things like suspension and anti roll bars, not having to do stupid challenges for upgrades, better physics, and you'd still rather play that NFS Knockoff over this?
I would have to see it how it plays first, but the gameplay demo didn't wet my apatite, so why would i consider wasting money on this game when it looked so boring?

Might be different once they show the meat and potatoes of the game when it is released.
User avatar
By Prepsi
Rank: Pit Crew
#45318
Bear304 wrote:
Prepsi wrote:
Bear304 wrote:
Prepsi wrote:
Bear304 wrote:Looks kinda meh... i don't think it is worth getting over The Crew.
You're kidding, right?
Actually i'm not.
Unlocked framerate, car list with far more cars that is far more diverse, in depth tuning system which allows you to adjust things like suspension and anti roll bars, not having to do stupid challenges for upgrades, better physics, and you'd still rather play that NFS Knockoff over this?
I would have to see it how it plays first, but the gameplay demo didn't wet my apatite, so why would i consider wasting money on this game when it looked so boring?

Might be different once they show the meat and potatoes of the game when it is released.
Of course it will look boring when it's a demo and you can only play the first 1 percent of the total game content! :roll:
User avatar
By grooks10
Rank: Pit Crew
#45341
After playing the demo, I realized that the world is actually pretty small! After about an hour of driving in a slow-ish car, I had driven all of the roads in the demo map, which looked to be about 1/4 to 1/3 of the full map size. So that's one downside. The physics are good for an open world arcade game, but they're still not my favorite. I think it will go the same way as all other Forza games for me; I'll play it religiously for a week, then I'll regret my purchase. The only thing that's keeping me into this game is the customization, which looks pretty outstanding! (Although I still detest Forza's glitchy vinyl system)

But honestly, I'm still on Bear's team here. I think I'll keep playing The Crew for years over any Forza game. It just feels like there won't be enough replay-ability to keep me interested for too long. :(
User avatar
By Prepsi
Rank: Pit Crew
#45342
grooks10 wrote:After playing the demo, I realized that the world is actually pretty small! After about an hour of driving in a slow-ish car, I had driven all of the roads in the demo map, which looked to be about 1/4 to 1/3 of the full map size. So that's one downside. The physics are good for an open world arcade game, but they're still not my favorite. I think it will go the same way as all other Forza games for me; I'll play it religiously for a week, then I'll regret my purchase. The only thing that's keeping me into this game is the customization, which looks pretty outstanding! (Although I still detest Forza's glitchy vinyl system)

But honestly, I'm still on Bear's team here. I think I'll keep playing The Crew for years over any Forza game. It just feels like there won't be enough replay-ability to keep me interested for too long. :(
Yea! After all, who wouldn't want a huge map where every city uses the exact same building models aside from some landmarks connected by a highway system with nothing to see aside from a motel here and there that any 13 year old with a junior compsci course can make in sketchup?
User avatar
By MadManCK
Rank: Site Admin
#45343
Play first, Judge later :twocents-02cents:
User avatar
By grooks10
Rank: Pit Crew
#45371
Prepsi wrote:Yea! After all, who wouldn't want a huge map where every city uses the exact same building models aside from some landmarks connected by a highway system with nothing to see aside from a motel here and there that any 13 year old with a junior compsci course can make in sketchup?
Well, as wrong as you are, I'd much rather have that than a small map where I can see everything in less than four hours, so driving around the world will never really be all that interesting. And if you didn't notice, that's how literally every open world racing game ever has been designed. A bunch of open roads passing through cool environments that lead you to towns and urban centers with cookie cutter buildings. The difference with The Crew is that they actually got the feel of the different regions and cities cities right, and that feel includes detail, road network design, and scale. And as cool as the Australia in FH3 feels during the hour and a half that I played it, I feel like I would get more out of the game by sitting in the garage customizing than I would get driving around the world. Obviously, there are tons of people who won't care about map size or long-distance cruising, but I've been spoiled by TDU2 and The Crew, so it's hard for me to look at a small-ish map and say "wow."
User avatar
By Prepsi
Rank: Pit Crew
#45376
grooks10 wrote:
Prepsi wrote:Yea! After all, who wouldn't want a huge map where every city uses the exact same building models aside from some landmarks connected by a highway system with nothing to see aside from a motel here and there that any 13 year old with a junior compsci course can make in sketchup?
Well, as wrong as you are, I'd much rather have that than a small map where I can see everything in less than four hours, so driving around the world will never really be all that interesting. And if you didn't notice, that's how literally every open world racing game ever has been designed. A bunch of open roads passing through cool environments that lead you to towns and urban centers with cookie cutter buildings. The difference with The Crew is that they actually got the feel of the different regions and cities cities right, and that feel includes detail, road network design, and scale. And as cool as the Australia in FH3 feels during the hour and a half that I played it, I feel like I would get more out of the game by sitting in the garage customizing than I would get driving around the world. Obviously, there are tons of people who won't care about map size or long-distance cruising, but I've been spoiled by TDU2 and The Crew, so it's hard for me to look at a small-ish map and say "wow."
Except they didn't. New York, for example, is just a bunch of buildings haphazardly plopped all over the place with a statue of liberty somewhere. It has no personality, and is overall a complete eyesore. And when they do manage to make a interesting city that captures the real version's atmosphere, it's usually only a mile or 2 long ala San Fran. And, to be honest, if the map was the only problem with TC, I wouldn't have a problem playing it. But it's just so bland and unenjoyable (IMO) in so many more different aspects.
User avatar
By grooks10
Rank: Pit Crew
#45377
Prepsi wrote:Except they didn't. New York, for example, is just a bunch of buildings haphazardly plopped all over the place with a statue of liberty somewhere. It has no personality, and is overall a complete eyesore. And when they do manage to make a interesting city that captures the real version's atmosphere, it's usually only a mile or 2 long ala San Fran. And, to be honest, if the map was the only problem with TC, I wouldn't have a problem playing it. But it's just so bland and unenjoyable (IMO) in so many more different aspects.
While that still isn't true (different landmarks, neighborhoods, and regions in each city are surprisingly well represented), you seem to care more about individual cities rather than the fact that the map is a huge number of different locations to explore. For the fact that LA feels really different from Detroit, which feels really different from Miami, which feels really different from New York etc, that makes it a map worth exploring, even if the cities individually are downsized. It's not necessarily the minute details, it's more about the variety. I could complain for hours and hours about how many things are wrong with Chicago, but instead I stop to appreciate what they have given the players to explore. And what they have provided is frankly amazing. And anyway, that's still what Forza is doing as well. For all of the buildings I saw in the demo, I saw many repeats of every single one except for a few landmarks. That doesn't detract from the map at all. It's still a cool environment that's fun to drive around. If they were supposed to be maps like GTA5 where every single building matters, then I would be annoyed. But as they stand, both maps are very convincing. As I've established already, my only problem with the map in FH3 is its size. Otherwise it looks like a great environment.

In terms of The Crew, I get that there are problems with the game, but obviously we have different priorities in our experiences. I care more about just being able to go out and drive. That's why I can look past the issues and really enjoy the experience. Whereas people who love Forza enjoy constantly having a challenge to complete or someone to compete with. That's why they put speedtraps, drift zones, and jumps all over the map with leaderboards; there will always be something for the player to do, and always something to keep the player's attention. A lot of people have a lot of fun doing stuff like that.

As a further note, I have never seen a better looking open world game, or racing in general for that matter! I couldn't care less about graphics, but my goodness, this game looks astonishing!
New Style info

:rightthumbup: ^^

WeeklyTournaments

ok,so i guess i won my own challenge again :chara[…]

Weekly Challenges

Here is my challenge for the KW 8 the "Mich[…]

They Are Billions

They Are Billions This game is doing my head […]