Who's getting it

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

grooks10 wrote:
Bear304 wrote:Stop being such a wiseass, FH3 should listed it along with the game info on the MS store page for it, but who cares about it now.
I also heard that they just announced an expansion pack that Ultimate Edition owners won't get for free. Everyone that owns the game will have to pay $30 for it, and some people seem kind of peeved about it. Hopefully it'll be good if they're charging that much for it. Knowing that they added a rally mode in Horizon 1 and a rainy map expansion in Horizon 2, I wonder what the expansions in this game will be like. :think:
But it's completely fine when Ubi charges 100 dollars for the game with season pass, and then releases expansions without even giving the option of a pass, right? :roll:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

When i grabbed the Ultimate Edition (99€), i was under the assumption that it includes a season pass for a year or so.

If they start releasing extensions now, that are not covered by the season pass, that would be lame.

If they announce an extension for next year, when this season pass is over it is OK. Kinda... :naughty:
That would also be way too soon® to announce. Game is just released. Why?

But in general it all feels like very aggressive sales tactics to me.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well it's not ok however you could have known Forza does this for years
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Prepsi wrote:But it's completely fine when Ubi charges 100 dollars for the game with season pass, and then releases expansions without even giving the option of a pass, right? :roll:
I feel like you already knew that I don't own any of those expansion packs. I bought the season pass, and that's the only money I've spent on the game. So no, obviously it's not okay. Even though all of the season pass' content was announced before it went on sale, so everyone knew exactly what they were buying into before they purchased it. And the Wild Run came out over a year after release and added enough content to actually be worth $30 to a lot of players. But no, it's totally not okay to sell something to people by telling them exactly what they will be receiving. :whistle:
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

grooks10 wrote:
Prepsi wrote:But it's completely fine when Ubi charges 100 dollars for the game with season pass, and then releases expansions without even giving the option of a pass, right? :roll:
I feel like you already knew that I don't own any of those expansion packs. I bought the season pass, and that's the only money I've spent on the game. So no, obviously it's not okay. Even though all of the season pass' content was announced before it went on sale, so everyone knew exactly what they were buying into before they purchased it. And the Wild Run came out over a year after release and added enough content to actually be worth $30 to a lot of players. But no, it's totally not okay to sell something to people by telling them exactly what they will be receiving. :whistle:
What does it change if you don't own them? They still released one expansion for 30 dollars (the same price as all the expansions combined for FH3 mind you) and now they're releasing another one for the same price!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

SpeedFreak.be wrote:Well it's not ok however you could have known Forza does this for years
It is my first Forza :P
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
SpeedFreak.be
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:
SpeedFreak.be wrote:Well it's not ok however you could have known Forza does this for years
It is my first Forza :P
Ah yes there's that sorry :oops:
IF IN DOUBT .... FLAT OUT
TDU2 pc player main profile BeFast4Fun

XBOX TAG SpeedFreak be
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Prepsi wrote:What does it change if you don't own them? They still released one expansion for 30 dollars (the same price as all the expansions combined for FH3 mind you) and now they're releasing another one for the same price!
The difference is that they are being transparent about what people are paying for. Something Microsoft has never really been good at. When people aren't told all of what's in the season pass, they make assumptions about what's included. To be told that they won't be getting all of the content only after the full game released for non ultimate edition owners seems pretty manipulative to me. It's not like telling people that there would be another paid expansion would have kept anyone from buying the ultimate edition; it's that it feels like they are abusing their customers the way they are marketing their paid content. And the customers love it and eat it up, which is why they keep doing it.

And believe me, I'm totally fine with them adding expansions; that's not what I'm criticizing (which is how you seem to be reading my comments). I'm against their marketing practices.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

Return to “Forza Horizon 3”