· Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel

· Thrustmaster T300RS

· Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel

· Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel

· Thrustmaster T150

· Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel

· Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel

· Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel
Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex. In addition, H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Wait, so if they are adding Fanatec support to Apex, don't you think they will add it at least some time after launch? They have no reason not to.

On a side note, I tried playing the backwards compatible Horizon earlier with my Thrustmaster TX Ferrari whatever wheel, and there was no force feedback, even after tinkering with all of the settings. Would anyone happen to know any solutions? Note, I haven't tried it again since that first trial.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They will add support for Fanatec after the launch. Bad move. I'll grab it anyway.

I'm only partially familiar with the Thrustmaster settings. Can't you make a fake FFB profile in the settings? Add some centering etc. Not ideal but you can drive.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:They will add support for Fanatec after the launch. Bad move. I'll grab it anyway.

I'm only partially familiar with the Thrustmaster settings. Can't you make a fake FFB profile in the settings? Add some centering etc. Not ideal but you can drive.
The problem is that, even though this Horizon game is supposedly updated to work with modern wheels, the wheel settings are pretty limited. Hopefully I can figure something out. But at the same time, I feel like Forza games just feel better with a controller, so I won't bother myself too much.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

My Fanatec CSW V2 is recognized. Has a weird layout. But it will only support pedals etc that are connected directly to the wheel base. Just like on XB1.
There is an XB1 wheel available at Fanatec with the standard button layout. Maybe ill grab that one. But without pedals it is not going to happen.

You can clearly see that PC gaming is a new territory for them. Support for control devices should have been a priority before launch.

I have my pedals and handbrake on seperate USB, as that gives higher reponse rates. I wont change that, as that would have me unmount my wheel base from my rig etc. No go there. And than i also would have to change it back for other games :roll:
They did say wheel support was limited for FH3. That was an understatement

My game crashes as soon as i want to drive. It does boot.

I'll be back as soon® as there is proper wheel support. :party:

The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:18 am My Fanatec CSW V2 is recognized. Has a weird layout. But it will only support pedals etc that are connected directly to the wheel base. Just like on XB1.
There is an XB1 wheel available at Fanatec with the standard button layout. Maybe ill grab that one. But without pedals it is not going to happen.

You can clearly see that PC gaming is a new territory for them. Support for control devices should have been a priority before launch.

I have my pedals and handbrake on seperate USB, as that gives higher reponse rates. I wont change that, as that would have me unmount my wheel base from my rig etc. No go there. And than i also would have to change it back for other games :roll:
They did say wheel support was limited for FH3. That was an understatement

My game crashes as soon as i want to drive. It does boot.

I'll be back as soon® as there is proper wheel support. :party:
Did you try and select and setup a custom wheel?
The standard layout for wheels has things put in the wrong place
for me so i made a custom wheel setup and that works fine..
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I never bothered playing FH3 again. As long as MS does not allow custom wheel setup. It only works if you hook up your pedals through the wheelhub. But i have everything customized with higher clocks on the pedals (better bitrate, more precision) and the game does not recognize them. I can not even change that, as my wheelhub is hard bolted with steel bolts and removing that would also mean removing everything connected, cables etc.
I won't ruin my setup because MS can only think X-box. :twisted:

PS That post was over 1 Y old :P
Maybe they added custom wheel setup later, as back than it was not there. :lol:

The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

MadManCK wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 am PS That post was over 1 Y old :P
Maybe they added custom wheel setup later, as back than it was not there. :lol:
At current date they did add custom wheel support so might be worth it to have another go at it?
I posted a clip on wheel settings since many struggle to find a happy place with all the different options
for FFB available, they have a huge selection of options to adjust them, haven't seen any other game with this
many options to adjust so far (and i pretty much own every racing/ driving game out there)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

So now they took all critisism over wheel support seriously and make even Leo Bodnar happy? LMAO :lol:

I will install some of the MS games, once i have finished my new rig. I was too quick with disasembling my previous rig. I have massive amounts of data still on harddrives. But the new one will be a fresh install. MS will probably struggle allowing me to use their games on other PC's.

They continue to use their XBOX console mentality with about everything. :roll:

But if they did fix the wheel control, i will try it. When i finally have some time left to do so. Forza is rumored to have a decent driving experience.

:party:

Return to “Forza Horizon 3”