Forza help

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Is there a FH3 optimized profile in GForce Experience? Use that. I will try that too later today.

:party:

Edit: there is a profile, but it does not matter. Game crashes as soon as you press [Enter]

Edit2: I also tried it with a Controller (Razor Onza Tournament) and it gets just one screen further :loll:

Maybe i should try to install it on a diffrent PC. I have one with a GTX970, so i can test Bfast' theory :character-blues:
But that requires another 50gig download :angry-banghead: And i did buy my Titan to crush games like Forza Horizon

Any word about a class action lawsuit already? :loll:

I also found this:

Forza Horizon 3 crashes big time on Windows 10
“If you are experiencing crashing to desktop issues with Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10, can we ask that you please read the the below information and current workarounds whilst we continue to investigate the issue:
  • Conflict with AV software causing the game not to progress past the Playground logo. Please try disabling or uninstalling your AV software.
  • Some players are experiencing issues when running the game with a microphone enabled. This issue is being investigated. In the meantime disabling microphones for Forza Horizon 3 in Privacy Settings should in some cases allow the title to boot.
  • Some players have reported that the title will not boot when the Windows automatic update service is disabled. Enabling the automatic update service will resolve this issue.
  • Players experiencing a crash on boot when running laptop machines with an integrated graphics chip should make sure that their dedicated video card is selected as the primary display device.
  • Some players have reported issues when running InputMapper. Running it in exclusive mode appears to fix the issues.
  • Players using Intel Kentsfield Core 2 Quad processors may experience the title closing immediately on boot. These processors fall below the minimum spec and are not officially supported. There are no known workarounds at this point.
  • Players may find the game will not boot on single or dual core machines. These CPUs fall below minimum spec and are not supported.”
Gamers also listed the workarounds they themselves developed to fix the annoying Forza Horizon 3 crashes. They include:
  • Disabling all the accounts in the Windows Store.
  • Cleaning all the traces from previous drivers before installing new Forza Horizon 3 drivers.
  • Unplugging all USB-devices, including optional monitors. Keep only the devices that you really need to play, and kill unnecessary tasks as well.
  • Disabling triple screen surround, as the game only works on a single screen.
  • Turning off Drivatar Designs in Settings.
  • Go to Windows, search Add or Remove programs and open it. Then you’ll find Forza Horizon 3 and left click it. Select Advanced options and then left click Reset. This should fix your issue completely. Thank you, Steven for the tip.
Edit3: Last option seems to work, game is running optimization sequence again. After the optimization, it crashes again. :angry-banghead:
I'm done with it for now. A game should run without efforts, straight from the box. This is BS.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Already tried all above many times and still no joy. :(
Just done a full re-install of the game and still crashes.

Also notice windows had downloaded another update so installed that then ran Frozeup Horizon 3 but still crash to desk top. :teasing-nutkick:
I'm also done with this pile of crap. :party:

EDIT: just ran "Can You Run it" and got this. :eeek:
canyourunit.JPG
So it looks like my GTX 780 Ti isn't good enough to run the game so this could be the problem for me. :facepalm:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Maybe your GTX 780 or 980's 3-4 GB vram can't cut it for the FH3, as it uses 6/8 GB on my 1070, i think my old GTX 970 would have had vram issues going past 3,5 GB, so maybe to little vram could be the issue, but i can't be sure about it.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yes not sure ether but if I go ahead and upgrade my card and it still wont run I will not be happy. :angry-tappingfoot:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

well that would explain it then, GTX 780Ti is obselite now :mrgreen:

And well atleast the GTX 1060/1070 marked pricing have settled now ;)

But i'm happy enough that i got rid of my GTX 970 in favor of a 1070 as the VRAM would have killed the GTX 970 stuttery VRAM.

But a 1060 6GB version is still more powerful than your 780Ti, and you might still be able to get a back by selling the old GPU, but i think 120 euros is about the max you can expect to get.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That is most certainly not the issue.

Not only is the 780ti stronger than the 970, it is also DX12 compatible through drivers.

Besides, i have the exact same issue with a Titan XP. Game starts up, but the moment you want to play it CTD's.

The PC version of FH3 is a bad XB1 port. In fact, it does not even deserve the title port, as it does not run at all on a lot of systems.

MS should release a patch, but this could have been avoided with a Beta test.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

I love this game it worked for 5 days then suddenly it started crashing to desktop what steps i did to try fix issue it taken 12 straight hours to fix lucky i enjoyed game enough to try this hard

Reinstalled win 10 didn't fix issue :angry-cussingwhite:
re-downloaded game four times thats 200 gig of download didn't work :violin:
Reinstalled graphics drivers tried optimal settings didn't work :facepalm:
Tried turning off surround didn't work :teasing-nutkick:
Tried drivatiar thing didn't work :character-blues:
tried resetting the app data :chores-mowlawn:

one of next two worked for me not sure which one i carried them out at same time :pray:

reworked all security profiles for windows app folder really don't think it was this that fixed it but noticed the permission were bit off :think:
moved game from C drive to B drive then back to C drive and then reset app data after this game started working if you have a spare hard drive maybe give this try not saying its a fix but worked for me game working once again :auto-swerve: :auto-layrubber:

wish i didnt reinstall windows but it was worth a shot :loll:
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Long story short, those of us having crashing/performance issues, need a major PC parts upgrade. Think of it as an investment for future games as well, not just Forza Horizon 3. For me, at least, I'm looking to spend at least $600 worth in upgrades which includes a new GPU and CPU upgrades. :| I thought I had a pretty decent up to date PC rig which can run any game, apparently not.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

dpuff wrote:Long story short, those of us having crashing/performance issues, need a major PC parts upgrade. Think of it as an investment for future games as well, not just Forza Horizon 3. For me, at least, I'm looking to spend at least $600 worth in upgrades which includes a new GPU and CPU upgrades. :| I thought I had a pretty decent up to date PC rig which can run any game, apparently not.

PC upgrade not my issue running a pretty high end PC its just FH3 needs patch to fix these issue really
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

@Fylysic thanks for the info but reading around three net it seems lots of different things seem to work for lots of different people so not sure this will work for me, things like moving game from drive c to drive b then back to drive c again sounds a bit like tap on wood and tun around three times and it will work things :P but if it works then t works. ;)

@ dpuff as Fulysic has already said some of us here already have quite good PC's and still can,t run it so that's not neseserly the issue.

It's not that long ago I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard cpu and 16 GB of ram , granted I might have an issue with my 780ti gfx card but it did run OK when I first boted the game up. :?

Looking at the price of a decent upgrade for my 780ti it would be cheeper to buy another Xbox one to play the game on. :loll:
Image Image

Return to “Forza Horizon 3”