Test Drive series aquired by Bigben Interactive

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Thanks for the little research. :2thumbsup:

I have done a small cruise with Alain and David once. Alain was a cool dude.
Without Atari, they might improve the driving physics to rallye standards. With driving help for Arcade players.

The creative part is very important for TDU. It was also a bit of art. If they can catch the good vibe of the original TDU and TDU2, they have a winner.

The driving, the game play and the social part of TDU is what makes it special.

I'm looking forward to this new project too.

No we have to find out how long they are working on this project already.

:spy:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
DDastardly00
Rookie
Rookie

Hard to say, I tried looking to see if a ™ was registered recently and couldn't find one. I can only assume they are just getting started until I hear something different. If it is being developed by Kylotonn, then we can safely assume they will be using their own internal game engine not the Havok Engine that TDU used. One thing I found interesting today is Kylotonn's website removed the text "Test Drive Unlimited 3" under their Games, Coming-soon and replaced it with "Eat My Dust" which was a 1997 PC game made by Sierra games. Either they are making a sequel to Eat My Dust as well, or the project got pulled from their studio and sent someplace else...or maybe they wanted to throw the hounds off the scent for now, not sure which, but I found that odd considering Eat my dust is probably Trademarked (so I hope they own it lol)

I hope they return to Oahu, my feeling is that much of the old TDU community would really like that (much more than an entirely new location).
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to this post on TDU France, they paid 900.000€ for the license. A lot less than the 1.5M USD they asked before.

Still a lot of money for just the franchise name.

http://driveunlimitedfrance.fr/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=421

Google translate:
"We are more than confident about the quality of this franchise appreciated by the players." "Said Alain Falc, CEO of Bigben Interactive. "Our teams are very excited to be able to work on this license that has already proved its worth - the Test Drive Unlimited 2 game having sold 1.8 million copies.
The firm specializing in the design and distribution of video games and accessories, audio and mobile products, completes its catalog as part of its "Horizon 2018" plan and aims to offer new titles from the Test Drive franchise Unlimited.

Atari retaining the operating rights of all previous Test Drive games for the future
This answers a few questions.

1. They can not use older TDU versions to improve or port to other platforms.
2. It will be released in 2018, according to plans.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to our friends at Team VVV, an announcement can not be too far away now. :party:

https://www.teamvvv.com/news/new-test-d ... confirmed/
We are proud to become fully part of the Bigben group for which we have developed games for more than 10 years. The longstanding cooperation with Bigben, a token for stable and smooth relations between the teams, our specialization on 2 wheel and 4 wheel off-road racing games as well as the use of prestigious brands (WRC, Isle of Man TT, V-Rally, Test Drive Unlimited) represent competitive advantages for the Group that our integration will strengthen” says Roman Vincent, founding President of Kylotonn.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:26 pm According to our friends at Team VVV, an announcement can not be too far away now. :party:

We are proud to become fully part of the Bigben group for which we have developed games for more than 10 years. The longstanding cooperation with Bigben, a token for stable and smooth relations between the teams, our specialization on 2 wheel and 4 wheel off-road racing games as well as the use of prestigious brands (WRC, Isle of Man TT, V-Rally, Test Drive Unlimited) represent competitive advantages for the Group that our integration will strengthen” says Roman Vincent, founding President of Kylotonn.
Lets hope it is already well underway :pray: otherwise we are in for a long wait.
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:26 pm According to our friends at Team VVV, an announcement can not be too far away now. :party:

Hope you have a really big tub of popcorn to wait it out. Did you notice the date of the article you linked, way back in March. You would think something more would have come out by now. :whistle:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Whoamus wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:31 am
Hope you have a really big tub of popcorn to wait it out. Did you notice the date of the article you linked, way back in March. You would think something more would have come out by now. :whistle:
3/10/2018 is actually 3rd of October. :mrgreen:

We already knew they had the rights to the franchise for about 2 years, but now Kylotonn has taken a similar route with their publisher Big Ben Interactive, as Ivory Tower has followed with UbiSoft. This can only speed things up.

A game like TDU3 will probably take 3 to 4 years to develop, depending on map size, number of cars and additional content. I guess it will not be a game you can finish in a weekend.

:party:

grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

Sure would be nice to have a new game though. At 10234 hours of tdu2, according to steam, I'm ready for another version.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:54 am
Whoamus wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:31 am
3/10/2018 is actually 3rd of October. :mrgreen:

We already knew they had the rights to the franchise for about 2 years, but now Kylotonn has taken a similar route with their publisher Big Ben Interactive, as Ivory Tower has followed with UbiSoft. This can only speed things up.

A game like TDU3 will probably take 3 to 4 years to develop, depending on map size, number of cars and additional content. I guess it will not be a game you can finish in a weekend.

:party:
:oops: I'm from the US, what do you expect. :loll:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

grimx133 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:23 pm Sure would be nice to have a new game though. At 10234 hours of tdu2, according to steam, I'm ready for another version.
That's got to be some sort of record "10234 hours of tdu2" :eeek:
Image Image

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”