Test Drive Solar Crown Talk

GeforcerFX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I doubt they would launch in 2018 anyways, you got the crew 2 coming in the spring/summer and Forza Horizon 4 in the fall, not a great year to try and compete in the open world racing market. Plus who knows how long they have been working on it for, they might be 2-3 years out still on the game release. If they expect it to carry the TDU name it better have the largest open world map for a driving game so far :D.
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

GeforcerFX wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:10 am If they expect it to carry the TDU name it better have the largest open world map for a driving game so far :D.
I'm not so much bothered about it having a very large map, i always felt a bit lonely in the crew when i was driving around but in TDU 1 and 2 you always bumped into someone you knew. :D

In TDU 3 i would rather have a few made up islands each with different climates, maybe one with tropics another with snow and another with swamp land for extreme off-roading a bit like Spintires. :mrgreen:
Each island could be connected by massive long underground tunnels that would sound epic to race in going from island to island. (never did see the point of flying in TDU 2)

Also, expansion packs could be new islands each with different climate and terrain or even one with race tracks etc............ :D
Image Image
SpeedyFlame002
New Starter
New Starter

Haha, I hope they do release it because im going to buy it instantly. I cannot wait!! Please, could you tell us a date you think it might come out too? :rightthumbup:
Dr. Alicia Morissette

Last edited by Dr. Alicia Morissette on Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I don't know if any of you guys have noticed but kylotonn.com (owned by BigBen) have removed all the links to the W.I.P page that could have referred to the making of TDU3. :o

This could confirm the rumors that the development has been put on hold while they sort out a dispute with Atari.
Looks like Atari could still F**k up TDU3 after all. :roll:

kylotonn have also done a total redesign of the website. Link to site
Image Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:56 am I don't know if any of you guys have noticed but kylotonn.com (owned by BigBen) have removed all the links to the W.I.P page that could have referred to the making of TDU3. :o

This could confirm the rumors that the development has been put on hold while they sort out a dispute with Atari.
Looks like Atari could still F**k up TDU3 after all. :roll:

kylotonn have also done a total redesign of the website. Link to site
:cry:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like TDU 3 is back on again :D

Lots of jobs up for grabs at Kylotonn https://emploi.afjv.com/annonces-societes/2

Including a traffic AI programmer.
As part of the development of our racing games, we are looking for a programmer specialized in artificial intelligence.

Under the responsibility of the lead programmer IA, you will be responsible for:
Program AI for non-playable vehicle behavior, navigation, decision-making and traffic
Program tools for game design to automatically generate racelines, calculate reference speeds or drive autonomous vehicles
Optimize the code to multiply autonomous agents (multithreading, optimization algorithms, etc.)
Perform a technological intelligence activity in artificial intelligence
You dont need that in rally games. ;)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Kylotonn also does CGI for the automotive world. They have a ton of experience rendering car models in great detail. This makes you wonder how far they can push the realism in the upcoming games.
Only limits are the consoles these games are supposed to run on. But if they decide to skip the current gen and aim straight for PS5 c.s. as a co-release game, it might be very good visually as well.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just to give an idea of the type of games Kylotonn creates and the visuals they make;

https://vrallygame.com/en/categories#category-buggy

I bought this game last year and it looks awesome. More playfull rally based game.

Vrally4

And now imagine what they can do with an open world in TDU... :mrgreen: :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like they are still trying to find people to work on the project.
https://www.kylotonn.com/en/careers/#AFJV-EINF102-16701

Could be a long time before this one gets done. :(
Image Image

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”