Test Drive Solar Crown Talk

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

:eeek: But i haven't completed TDU2 yet. :loll:
(never did get around to finishing all of those races, to busy messing around :mrgreen: )

Could this be the next TDU Next Project
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Eden games ditched Abu Dhabi and Dubai in favor of Ibiza. They also let Corsica go. All under the excuse of not fitting on a single DVD disc. :roll: More like Atari ran out of time and money.

It would be cool if we can have all the original Islands, updated and improved, with some of the original planned and never executed extensions and a few more in different parts of the world.

However, Ivory Tower has raised the bar with the whole US. But they missed out on Oahu...

There is one continent that nobody mentions in any poll. And that is Africa. A lot of games involve parts of Europe, Asia and North America. I think Africa would be super cool. And original.

But Big Ben might start "Small Ben" on this one. They will soon® understand why there are so little really succesful open world driving games out there. Even the M$ powered FH3 does not impress with map size.

And the TDU community will be very demanding. They should be.

A format where they will develop new locations every year would be very cool and i would grab that DLC.
But they will need to start rock solid on this one.

I do have one of their WRC games (4) and will try that later this weekend.

At least we now know the TDU franchise will get a new chapter. Kudos to Big Ben for that. :2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:There is one continent that nobody mentions in any poll. And that is Africa. A lot of games involve parts of Europe, Asia and North America. I think Africa would be super cool. And original.
I don't know I feel like if an open world car game was to be made in that continent the developers would focus more on the off road and safari races or maybe on rally raids through the Sahara. :lol:

Not that that wouldn't be cool. I think that Morocco, Madagascar or Seychelles would make for a nice setting in Africa. 8-)
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I wouldn't mind if TDU3 sticks to their roots and has Oahu in there.

Lets make TDU great again :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

foldschool
New Starter
New Starter

Big Ben (with Slightly Mad) made Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends for Atari.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Driv ... ng_Legends
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

foldschool wrote:Big Ben (with Slightly Mad) made Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends for Atari.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test_Driv ... ng_Legends
Probably not the best reference there :oops:

It was a bad X360 port to PC. Only the car models were awesome. Driving physics were more or less copied from Shift and the environment graphics were mediocre at the most.
In addition to that, it was all closed circuit racing. Not open World.

I think Big Ben was only the publisher there. Blimey/SMS made the actual game. They have a very good relation with Ferrari.
If SMS is creating the new TDU, we can expect some very good driving physics and excellent car models and sounds. But i doubt their creative abilities.
Maybe there will be a cooperation between different studios. It would not surprise me if that happens.
The Crew was created by at least 7 different studios, where Ivory Tower was the lead contractor.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:
foldschool wrote:The Crew was created by at least 7 different studios, where Ivory Tower was the lead contractor.
Lol so there is the reason The Crew runs so poorly, to many frogs in the Spam :lol:
Pinduca
Rookie
Rookie

Miao wrote:
MadManCK wrote:There is one continent that nobody mentions in any poll. And that is Africa. A lot of games involve parts of Europe, Asia and North America. I think Africa would be super cool. And original.
I don't know I feel like if an open world car game was to be made in that continent the developers would focus more on the off road and safari races or maybe on rally raids through the Sahara. :lol:

Not that that wouldn't be cool. I think that Morocco, Madagascar or Seychelles would make for a nice setting in Africa. 8-)
I would love if someone had the guts to go ahead and make an open world game focusing on off road races. :D

I had an idea about that back when Motorstorm Pacific Rift was one of my most played games. It was all about off road racing on an abandoned fictional island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, it was clearly inspired by Hawaii. What made me think that Motorstorm going open world would be a great idea was the little movies that played in the background of the menus in that game and how it could be awesome if I was just allowed to stop the race and go explore around the track, maybe even go from one of the tracks that was high in the mountains to another one that was in an incinerated town near the beach to another one in an abandoned sugar farm. I think it would still rock. 8-)

Also, it's good to see the TDU franchise was finally handed over to someone who can make a new entry in the series, even if that may take a while.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

I like your idea and it does look like it could have been made in the Motorstorm universe. :)

The good thing is that they wouldn't need to worry about licensin' any cars, the bad thing is that such a game will never come from the Motorstorm franchise as Evolution Studios was closed by Sony. :(
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
GeforcerFX
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

While I would love a TDU3 it would be 3 years away at best. I say make some money off the IP now. TDU2 can still have some graphical improvements done, new cars added. So take TDU2 make it free to play, improve what you can graphically, improve the driving physics, try and start working on the bugs that are still there. Then go about getting some car licenses to add new models to the game, price them right and walla your making money off the IP very quickly. If this goes well on PC they could even move it to the next gens pretty easily and expand the user base there. The foundations are there for TDU2 to be pretty popular f2p if they gave it a shot, most of the hard work is done, a big attraction could be increasing the player count over 8, that would give them a leg up over the crew.
Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

Return to “Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown”