Re: Latest Infomation on The Crew

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:36 pm Looks link The Crew 2 will be delayed. :(
crew2delay.JPG

Link: Crew 2 Delay
Meanwhile, The Crew 2 development team at Ivory Tower will use the next several months to perform additional playtests, gather player feedback, and continue working towards delivering an ambitious open-world racing experience that meets the team’s and our players’ expectations.
Looks like another speed bump. :roll:

Saw this coming months ago, it is The Crew 1,5 with all the bugs, but at least they'll take the time to fix everything, but that floaty game release date is kind of putting me off the game, this is why you never preorder games like this.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just imagine how big this undertaking actually is. :eeek:

The map has been improved dramatically, so now you can fly in a detailed world. Game mechanics have been overhauled and they try to incoporate a lot of the feedback from Crew 1 and playtests.

There are worse ways of taking on a big project like this.

When it works, the game runs smoothly and all graphics are a step up from the previous Crew. It will be worth the wait. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

https://thecrew-game.ubisoft.com/the-cr ... lease-date

Our vision for The Crew 2 has always been ambitious; to really surprise players by pushing the boundaries of the open-world racing genre to the limit. The feedback we’ve received so far from fans and press alike has been hugely encouraging, and we’re grateful beyond words for your continued trust and support.

In order to truly stand by our promise, we have made the difficult decision to delay the release date to between april/september 2018. While we’re excited to share the joys of Motornation with you as soon as possible, we don’t want to do so before the game is ready. This new window will allow us to deliver an experience that fulfils both our fans’ and our own quality expectations.

In this light, we will also use the extra time to continue running test phases and allow as many of you as possible to get hands-on with the game. Player feedback and its integration remain integral to attaining our vision, and the development team is excited by the prospect of working further with our amazing community.

Thank you again for your support, we couldn’t make this game without you. We hope that you will enjoy playing The Crew 2 as much as we do developing it.

The Crew 2 Dev Team
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I can't say I'm surprised, but that's not a bad thing. They originally set a pretty loose release window anyway, so this doesn't change much. I'm also pretty well occupied with the games I have now, so the wait won't be unbearable.

But Madman, your post above has set me down the rails on the hype train. I can't wait to see in the next few months what changes they have made! I really do hope it's more like The Crew 2 than The Crew 1.5!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Crew1 was delayed for over a Year.
And TDU2 over 6 months and was still broken at release date.

This happens all the time with large scale projects. Fortunately they have Ubi as a backer and owner now. On the other hand, they will find a way to earn back that extra money.

Even if there are some similarities to Crew1, Crew2 is really a step up from its predecessor.
From what we have seen the sounds, the graphics and the lighting have improved a lot. Add to that the more versatile gameplay with planes and boats and more focused competitions and you can already see a lot of improvements.

I´m under the impression that they actively collected a lot of feedback from various forums around the World and try to incorporate a lot of it.

And that is also the reason why release may be postponed. Making everything work together and smooth will be a huge task. And nobody wants an unpolished game.

I only do hope that it will not be a lame arcade nfs type gaming experience. Some were complaining about the controls...

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Release date is out! June 29th. And with a cool trailer!

And they released a Harley Davidson trailer as well!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice videos and those bikes look really cool. :D

Was looking forward to checking out the Alfa test but won't get my new GTX 1080 till the 21st so not going to happen. :(

(i did try to start up the game with my two GTX 260's in SLI but the game just crashed. :mrgreen: )
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Wow, that new studio looks awesome. Much larger than where i went to in Lyon. The previous studio was also seperated over multiple floors. The new setup makes communication much easier, i suppose. Nice upgrade.
:2thumbsup:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Hope the next test comes sooooooon.... :mrgreen:
Image Image
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'm impressed at how good this game looks! Although I doubt it will look like this on the Xbox.

Either way, this could be a pretty cool trailer series. Introducing each of the cars and highlighting different regions of the map. It seems like Ivory Tower is really going to start picking up the pace for marketing and trailers.

Return to “The Crew 2”