Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That Porsche 911 GT2RS looks awesome. Interesting way to make an introduction.
Forza 7 looks serious. But i do hope they will allow custom controls on PC, as i could not drive FH3 :(

The changing and dynamic road conditions, is something i always wanted in a driving game. It will make tracks less predictable and keep you on your toes when driving.
Car models and sounds are awesome as always with Forza. :2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

With 700 cars too, that's pretty amazing and will keep people interested for a long time! I'm just still concerned about the wheel physics, looks a bit floaty and understeery for me.
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture ... -car-list/

Forza 7 definitely has one of the most impressive car lists I've ever seen. But I've noticed a few strange things. The vast majority of modern race cars in the game come from 2014 and 2015, but only a tiny portion of the car list comes from 2016 or later. This tells me that they have done very little in the way of adding new cars to this game. But being that Forza 6 came out in 2015, that would imply that they added quite a few period-current cars for that game. So I wonder why the majority of their car list is a copy and paste job of outdated race cars. They are the only track-racing game releasing this year without even the Ferrari 488 GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3, or the new Audi R8 GT3, probably among others that I can't think of right now. But their inclusion of portions of the 2017 IndyCar, NASCAR, and Formula E fields is pretty cool (even though they boost their car-count by counting the same car with different liveries multiple times).

Furthermore, they have way too many off-road cars and nowhere to properly race them. This tells me that they will probably be adding some sort of off-road career in future DLC, which would actually be pretty cool if they pull it off! They have a great selection of off-road machinery to choose from!

Finally, my biggest concern is if they will be keeping the same class system without grouping the cars into appropriate categories. I don't want to race a Renault F1 car against a NASCAR and a hyper-tuned Ford Fiesta. I know it doesn't work this way in parts of the career, but it always felt really lazy the way inappropriate cars were grouped together. It just made the racing feel really shallow to me.

In the end, this game could be great. It will definitely outsell Project CARS 2 and The Crew 2, but it might even do better than Need for Speed and Gran Turismo! I won't be getting it because my time and wallet are already pretty tight, so I will keep myself to just PCars 2 for now and maybe The Crew 2 in the future.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Smells like DLC Spirit ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:24 am Smells like DLC Spirit ;)
I guess that's another thing I've never liked about the Forza games either: the business model! But they get away with it every year, so obviously they're doing something right! :loll:
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

It looks like Forza 7 already has a 92% on Metacritic. After looking at some of the reviews, most of the people are focusing on visuals, number of cars, and how fun it feels to play, among other things. I have to give them credit where it's due, it sounds like they made a great package. Even though the physics aren't for me, they are fun for a lot of people, so Turn 10 is obviously doing something right.

What seems strange to me is that games like PCars 2 get pummeled by reviewers for having only decent force feedback, but Forza doesn't, and they have some of the worst wheel dynamics I've ever felt in a racing game. I wish reviews were a bit more objective that way and catered to everyone in the potential audience. Maybe it's because different sites are reviewing each game. General gaming sites are reviewing Forza, while some more racing-game based sites are reviewing PCars. I can't be sure, but no matter what, I'm sure Forza 7 will make a lot of people happy!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Most reviewers use controllers. Still the main focus group of console games.

I´m also under the impression that some of these pro-reviewers are slightly biased or suffering from the Ferrari Syndrome, where they are afraid to be too critical to MS, because if they are, they wont get invites for new events and games. :P

Even if they do advertise wheel support, it never is as good as on PC. No customized wheel configurations and not customized setup.
In Forza games, you have to hook up pedals and shifters through the wheelbase or it wont work or is not supported. There are adapters but nothing really works with everything.
So, only if you use a complete set from a single brand, you get good wheel support on console games. And only if the developers spent some time to create good support.

Turn10 does it as a last priority. So the whole game is developed using controllers.

If they would take wheel support serious, it should be there from the start, like in pC2. Even if that is probably not a good example with all the complaints. :lol:

I upgraded my old racing rig to W10, just to be able to play Forza games, but never got it to work properly, lol.
Only with a controller, but for me that is unimersive.

Too bad really, as the car sounds are the best and there is enough eye candy.

But as long as they do not incorporate good wheel support with the option to make custom setups like mine work, i will stay away from Forza.

grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yeah, they did a really good job with the car sounds this time around! The car sounds used to sound too tinny and had too much treble with no bass in the past. It seems like they have done good work to fix that in Forza 7.

I just wonder how they are going to expand the game in the future too. One of my biggest complaints in the past was that there was never enough tracks to race around, and even though 32 is nothing to scoff at, I feel that they would do better in the future by adding more tracks to their games. You can give me 1,000,000 cars, but I won't have fun if there are too few ribbons to drive. I'd rather have tons of tracks and only the newest, most relevant cars be added to their already giant stockpile of cars. With their huge car list, they only really need to focus on the track list to make the content in the game perfect. Then they just have to make the physics less slippery...
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Return to “Forza 7”