Rookie
Rookie

1st try in the "SmuggleRun" 2:57,538

and 2nd try 2:53,805
still getting the traffic on the worse spots lol

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Luny you traitor..! you played it to the wheel users favor, as there so many high speed corners. :lol:

My best times so far is 2:56.314 and it is a struggle, i think i'm on my 10th full length run and i have no idea where The Dog found that kind of pace.

Also the traffic sucks more than usual, as it is constantly changing from run to run, as you have no idea if you are about to smash into a car you can't see yet.

I like the track, but it is really hard to and challenging as you are always one tiny mistake away from a massive crash.
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Beardroid91 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:12 am Luny you traitor..! you played it to the wheel users favor, as there so many high speed corners. :lol:

My best times so far is 2:56.314 and it is a struggle, i think i'm on my 10th full length run and i have no idea where The Dog found that kind of pace.

Also the traffic sucks more than usual, as it is constantly changing from run to run, as you have no idea if you are about to smash into a car you can't see yet.

I like the track, but it is really hard to and challenging as you are always one tiny mistake away from a massive crash.
:eeek: So you are saying i actually have a chance this week to not end up as last and slowest? :text-lol:

I'm pretty sure i can still take a few more seconds of :loll:
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Traitor? I use a gamepad myself :doh:
and be glad i choose the Ford GT because i has one of the best handling and quick steering responce
i first wanted to use the Caddy Escalade C-spec because of its loading space making more sence to "smuggle" :loll:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, DT-conspiracy theories

:spy:

To burst that bubble; in The Crew wheel users have little to 0 advantage over controller or keyboard players. In fact some challenges and events favor the keyboard. Last annoys me the most.

IMO wheel users should be allowed to have a small advantage. They invest in their rig to squeeze more out of their driving games and should be rewarded for that, not punished. And that has nothing to do with pay to win or other BS i have seen argumented on other fora.

The only advantage in The Crew is a little bit more precision. But all assists are different for the various controller types. SP mode is not the same for wheel, controller or keyboard users so to speak. Not everybody knows this.
The devs tried to "balance" the performance. And by doing so they favor the good controller and keyboard players massively over wheel users. To my disgust btw. Average players will have a disadvantage when using a wheel against average controller players.

So no matter what challenge or event is organized in The Crew, there are no real benefits of using a wheel.
Except more immersion and maybe a bit more precision. TC/ABS/SC and SR are all different.

IMO keyboard players should have a fair chance, but never be able to dominate leaderboards in a racing game. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Winning Car pic
The Crew Screenshot 2017.10.23 - 16.45.02.99.png
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Ralph68
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:21 pm Lol, DT-conspiracy theories

:spy:

To burst that bubble; in The Crew wheel users have little to 0 advantage over controller or keyboard players. In fact some challenges and events favor the keyboard. Last annoys me the most.

IMO wheel users should be allowed to have a small advantage. They invest in their rig to squeeze more out of their driving games and should be rewarded for that, not punished. And that has nothing to do with pay to win or other BS i have seen argumented on other fora.

The only advantage in The Crew is a little bit more precision. But all assists are different for the various controller types. SP mode is not the same for wheel, controller or keyboard users so to speak. Not everybody knows this.
The devs tried to "balance" the performance. And by doing so they favor the good controller and keyboard players massively over wheel users. To my disgust btw. Average players will have a disadvantage when using a wheel against average controller players.

So no matter what challenge or event is organized in The Crew, there are no real benefits of using a wheel.
Except more immersion and maybe a bit more precision. TC/ABS/SC and SR are all different.

IMO keyboard players should have a fair chance, but never be able to dominate leaderboards in a racing game. :twocents-02cents:

I agree with MM on this one, wheel users should have a slight advantage over kb or gp users, imo any game that doesn't slightly favor wheel over kb or gp has completely lost touch with reality. A gamepad or keyboard should never be equal to a wheel NEVER. I thought everybody here was using a wheel.
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Ralph68 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:05 pm
I agree with MM on this one, wheel users should have a slight advantage over kb or gp users, imo any game that doesn't slightly favor wheel over kb or gp has completely lost touch with reality. A gamepad or keyboard should never be equal to a wheel NEVER. I thought everybody here was using a wheel.
Yeah i had a discussion with some of the "i'll do anything to win" keyboard players about this "flipping akorrrrr" and
all i got back was (so it's pay to win) kinda answers :loll:

It's more immersive with a wheel and you should have a lot better control and all that but since the majority of
players use a keyboard or gamepad they get the advantage over us in terms of control and response time. :angry-banghead:

It's been like that in just about every racing game except for simulation racers like project cars, assetto corsa, rfactor etc...
Doesn't bother me 1 bit since i tend to have a lot more fun playing then the keyboard players and in particularly guy's that
do anything to win, since i'm pretty sure they don't have much fun and the fun they do seem to have is debatable.

I know that Luny, Bear and Korulax use a gamepad from the footage i've seen and respect them for beeing able to control
the car and set times like they do fo'sho because i suck at using those :loll:

Pretty sure you will find the pace needed to go below my time this week aswell tho, but for the moment it seems we have the upper hand :dance:

Ride it like you stole it :text-lol:
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Lunytrickz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:24 pm Traitor? I use a gamepad myself :doh:
and be glad i choose the Ford GT because i has one of the best handling and quick steering responce
i first wanted to use the Caddy Escalade C-spec because of its loading space making more sence to "smuggle" :loll:
I for one am sure thankfull you didn't use the Escalade, because with wheel users that thing is a brick on wheels
and barely turns or feels controlable.
1 of the shittiest cars in TC i know of :loll:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear and Luny use a game pad and are pretty good with it.
Koru uses a wheel with very short throw (customized G27)
Bata, Spoony, Moomin' all use wheels. If they do these challenges. :D

I use a wheel and will never use a pad in racing games, only in test versions without wheel support. It simply never feels right to drive without a wheel.

Also one more thing about wheels. Force Feedback is more immersive with a wheel as you can "feel" the car and road better. But it also creates a disadvantage. Especially on these mudroads they constantly jerk around.

There are some wheel users who turn FFB to 0. Not my way to play.
But the dude that won the AMG Mercedes testing day drove with a wheel without FFB and Full Assist, while cutting massively on a race track. I do hope AMG explained to him that it should lead to DQ IRL racing.

And i do remember Schumacher T-boning Damon Hill to drive him deliberately out of the race and win the F1 championship. Whatever it takes applies to real life sporting events as well.

Too bad IT did not implement some fair play rules to their competition.
I even got warned for trying to enforce that.

But than again, that is why we started this competition in the first place. :party:

Return to “Weekly Challenges & Events”