WeeklyTournaments

Post your Weekly Challenges & Events for The Crew Game
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Lunytrickz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:19 pm yup, the Z1000 has (IMO) the best cornerspeed/grip
and i think the bikes vs cars are (after that last handling patch) now pretty balanced
they might have less corner speeds (wich is only natural)
but they also need less room to avoid traffic wich in turn kinda evens it out
then you should try them with the wheel luny, because they are very much undrivable with it.
1 wheel on the grass and you end up in a uncontrolable shake and twist...
i could go on a fair bit on how bad we wheel users got screwed over with them but you get my point
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The-DOG wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 pm then you should try them with the wheel luny, because they are very much undrivable with it.
i could go on a fair bit on how bad we wheel users got screwed over with them but you get my point

oooh i believe ya ^^
TC is pad oriented and i realy don't hope so but i think TC2 wil be even more pad oriented with the boats & planes
i'm almost done with Car Mechanic, then i'm gona reïnstal GRID AS or project cars
to gut used to the wheel
or i might even buy Forza and join ya'll if that has a good wheel support ^^
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Lunytrickz wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:33 pm
The-DOG wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:10 pm then you should try them with the wheel luny, because they are very much undrivable with it.

oooh i believe ya ^^
TC is pad oriented and i realy don't hope so but i think TC2 wil be even more pad oriented with the boats & planes
i'm almost done with Car Mechanic, then i'm gona reïnstal GRID AS or project cars
to gut used to the wheel
or i might even buy Forza and join ya'll if that has a good wheel support ^^
It has very good wheel support, and the driving is more simulation then arcade orientated.
In my opinion i would recommend getting fh3 because it has better sim driving then grid or project cars
witch i also both own, not even project cars 2 can tip at it.
Im also pretty sure tc2 will surely be more pad/ keyb orientated since thats the way it goes with all
arcade style driving games.
In games like fh3 a wheel user has the adventage tho.
Either way let me know if you do get fh3 and i will help you get setup because their are a bit more options
to adjust for the wheel then you would normally see, so much more even that i had to tinker around a lot
to get a stable setup for the wheel, a setup that don, ralph and mcosleeper are using today.
I uploaded a setup clip to youtube to get people started with a stable setup.
Dispite the map beeing relatively tiny it's still a very good game with plenty to do and the map doesnt feel that small.
Korulax
Apprentice
Apprentice

"because of motorcycle does not go with steering wheel" :roll:
I'll describe my equipment first.
  Historic PC 5.5 years old / slow internet /
4 years old rickety G27 steering wheel / drive without FFD and
I only have minimal steering resistance, because of one
sick shoulder joint but am a fighter guy. ;)
Yes, I'm also disappointed that you can not do more with rally and terrain bikes
can drive properly. :angry-banghead:
But riding on the normal road with bikes is still very possible what my times achieved prove.
Sorry I do not understand that only the game is scolded. :?:
I still prefer to ride bikes when cruising than Cars, because you can drive completely relaxed there. :rightthumbup:
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Korulax wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:05 pm I still prefer to ride bikes when cruising than Cars, because you can drive completely relaxed there. :rightthumbup:
Im behind a 2 year old I7 with a 1 year old T500RS in front of a 40 inch 4k tv.
FFB for the wheel at 80% with a very tight 200 degree rotation setup.
I am a biker by nature and drive my custom harley more often then any of my cars.
But what ubisoft did with the bikes is rubbish, i used to run long highway run FDC's
on C class bikes and it was pretty good, then the keyboard players started to complain
about the steering lock and as a result the wheel users got screwed badly.
Now for me the bikes are truly rubbish and dont feel good anymore, sure i might be able
to get a better feel again when i tinker with my wheel setup but...
I dont want to have to tinker with settings i use in every other game with success just to
ride a lame handling bike for 5 minutes, and also... i'm very comfortable/ relaxed cruising/ driving
any car, in fact i'm more comfortable/ relaxed with the cars then with the bikes since they got nerved.

Sorry, but for me the bikes are no longer something i enjoy riding in the crew, so i'll pass on this weeks challenge
Lunytrickz
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

i just found out that Forza is a MS game only and not available on steam
so that's not an option for me, i removed most of the MS gamer related stuff on my PC 8-)
The-DOG
Rookie
Rookie

Lunytrickz wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 pm i just found out that Forza is a MS game only and not available on steam
so that's not an option for me, i removed most of the MS gamer related stuff on my PC 8-)
yes and its also windows 10 or xbox only
DonnieBrasco
Rookie
Rookie

The-DOG wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:32 pm ...But what ubisoft did with the bikes is rubbish, i used to run long highway run FDC's
on C class bikes and it was pretty good, then the keyboard players started to complain
about the steering lock and as a result the wheel users got screwed badly.
Now for me the bikes are truly rubbish and dont feel good anymore, sure i might be able
to get a better feel again when i tinker with my wheel setup but...
I dont want to have to tinker with settings i use in every other game with success just to
ride a lame handling bike for 5 minutes, and also... i'm very comfortable/ relaxed cruising/ driving
any car, in fact i'm more comfortable/ relaxed with the cars then with the bikes since they got nerved.

Sorry, but for me the bikes are no longer something i enjoy riding in the crew, so i'll pass on this weeks challenge
100% confirmed. Back when Wild Run came out i loved the bikes. The only bad thing was the missing slipstreaming for a car behind a bike. That was stupid from the beginning. But how they changed the handling of the bikes in april 16 was a completely bad move and ruined the fun to drive them at all. Before this awkward update i was able to let everyone eating my dust when i was on a bike and after that i lost every race with it, because i couldn't drive corners at all anymore. That's why i politly skipped this weeks challenge. It wouldn't had been fun for me and i would probably or better said surely not had been able to keep up with you anyway. So there was no point at all for me to drive this challenge. Next week i'm back in action when cars are on again.
Lunytrickz wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 pm i just found out that Forza is a MS game only and not available on steam
I thought we already talked about it under one of my videos.^^
Cruising is not a crime
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

DonnieBrasco wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:17 pm Back when Wild Run came out i loved the bikes.
Bikes were epic. One of the best bike implementation in a game so far. Made by Sebastien Tixier, who is a biker himself.
He drives a Ducati, if i'm correct. :auto-dirtbike:

Unfortunately the bikes overpowered the cars and the dev team listened to the wrong people. Instead of seperating races for bikes and cars only, they nerfed the bikes and even after some later adjustments, the feel was gone and bikes are numb and not as responsive as before. This is only noticeable with a wheel and good FFB setup. For keyboard and controller users the difference might be less obvious.

The move towards more arcade type handling was a bad one. Crew2 is even worse with bikes. :roll:
Anyway, it was good to see a bike challenge for a change, even if it is not everybodies cup of tea. ;)

It appears that Lunytrickz will win this challenge. :banana-dreads:

Well done and do not forget to post your winning pic :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Korulax wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:24 pm I bring my challenge today because Sunday is not always favorable for me. :D
The track is: starting in Jackson (that's the name of the game)
11 kilometers to ST. Georges. :auto-driving:
The road must not be left to abbreviate, and the curves may be cut easily.
The code is BMGMMS0
It is allowed to use 3 different racing cars (group "C" in English). :2thumbsup:
"C" 2012 Dodge Charger SRT-8
"C" Bentley Continental Supersport
"C" Cadilac Escalade 2012
I wish all racers good luck :party:

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=Msio1d2Q_lo[/BBvideo]
I will add to this that even if we are lenient towards mild cutting, 2 wheels should stay on the tarmac from now on. 8-)

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “Weekly Challenges & Events”