Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Not with the witcher, but i reverted back to the previous driver, the GTA V optimized one, on my racing rig.
That new driver seems to have some issues. Maybe they focus too much on squeezing extra FPS from the TitanX for benches and forget the "little" 970/980 series.
Could very well be, but i doubt they knowingly handicap their best sellers :?
Or maybe it is just the 0.5 acting up. As you play with a higher res at 1440p it might use some video ram.

BTW T-shirt idea, 3.5 + 0.5 :loll:
Ran Afterbuner's datalog menu in the background along with GPU-Z to measure the GPU and see what caused my crashes. And at 2560x1440p Witcher 3 with Nvidia optimized settings only used 1,6 GB vram of the 4 GB

So i can role the 0,5 GB out, plus that would would make the game stutter/lag ;) (worst case)
TBH it is weird that they launch special optimized drivers and they cause some issues.
Nvidia is getting lazy, they focus to much on new GPU's which no one can afford, but i guess i'll have to try my own settings in Witcher 3, but that defeats the purpose of Geforce Experience and their GameReady drivers :( Which i might add is their main selling point...

But i'm sure Nvidia will release a new driver in the next couple of days, if not them - then the Witcher 3 dev. team.
Bezrider wrote:Like I said before l'my playing the game on ultra settings at 1920X1200 and the latest optomised NvidIa drivers and never had any problems with the game. :o
Maybe I have just been lucky I don't know, the only thing I have changed (after reading on the web) is I went into the steam folder and found the exe programme for the game and changed the permissions to run as Administrator but this was to do with save issues.
Hmm i guess i could try alittle lower irresolution to see if that changes anything ;)

Maybe the administrator thing is the problem here, as it could be that the pc doesn't allow it to run fully, but that is a long shot, but one worth taking, if i can figure out how to do that with the GOG Galazy
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I was hopeful i had fixed my issue by completely reinstalling the nvidia driver but no joy, i got play for 2-3 hours and then the just quit working. And while writing this the display driver also failed (on the desktop). And it seem all of the GTX 970 owners are effected by this... Thanks alot Nvidia :angry-jumpinganger:

So i'm loving the game it's really a great game world, but still haven't got a clue as to have the alchemy and crafting side of the game works yet, as i'm only just got to lvl 5.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

@ Bear:
Sorry to hear your still having problems running the game it must be really spoiling the gaming experience. :(

Now that I have had time to play a little bit of the game over the weekend I am loving it. :D
Like you I am still getting the hang of making potions but once you have made one you don't have to make that one ever again and if you meditate it will refill all of your potions (just so long as you have the ingredients). :2thumbsup:

The skill tree is also a little tricky as is the Signs Tree but if you look at these guides it might help.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-wit ... d-mutagens
http://www.gameskinny.com/atolq/the-wit ... o-mutagens
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/ ... Technology
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:@ Bear:
Sorry to hear your still having problems running the game it must be really spoiling the gaming experience. :(
Thanks, Nvidia needs to address this ASAP, as the driver is crashing on the desktop just browsing the web, its a joke.
Bezrider wrote:Like you I am still getting the hang of making potions but once you have made one you don't have to make that one ever again and if you meditate it will refill all of your potions (just so long as you have the ingredients). :2thumbsup:
Haha epic, i didn't know that, but i guess all of the tutorial reading got to boring that i missed that part :mrgreen:

I'll have to study those videos :D
___

Hmm i think i'll start a new save to get all the tutorials refreshed, as i just rushed through them when i first got the game ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I followed a tip on a tech forum where guys also were pissed over the bad driver release, they had reloaded the last working driver, so i had to try that out, and man 3 hours in Witcher 3 and no crashes, same goes for desktop use. So now i'm happy, but this driver isn't "optimized" for Witcher 3, but it play the same - just crash free :D

And also my GPU finally found out it should idle at a chilly 26*c now after i did the driver reinstall, but then again my GTX 970 G1 has a mind of its own :lol: (used to idle at 35*c at the desktop)

Also i decided to start a new save game last night, and then in this new save i'll read all of the tutorials to get a better game experience which i have noticed already, by using the combat powers much more, they pretty nice 8-)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Glad you've got it sorted :2thumbsup:
Also don't forget to use your Witcher senses all the time as this will help you to find things you may not notice otherwise. :D
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:Also don't forget to use your Witcher senses all the time as this will help you to find things you may not notice otherwise. :D
Lol the whole game is based around the those witcher senses :P but i'm finally good with the controls on the xbox controller so now i don't have to think about it as much.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

New AMD Beta driver with optimized settings for the Witcher 3 and Project Cars is now available.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... -beta.aspx
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.5 Beta Windows Driver

Crossfire Profile Update for:

*The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt

Performance Improvements for the following :

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt : Up to 10% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products
Project Cars - Up to 17% performance increase on single GPU Radeon R9 and R7 Series graphics products
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes i read that abit earlier today, it is great new for the owners of team red's cards, now if only they spit out the new GPU then it would be awesome 8-)
__

Btw how far into Witcher 3 are you guys, i think i have played some 18 hours and i have only done 4% of the game, lol just how big is this game ?! :D

But i enjoy it very much now that it runs stable, so i'm lvl 9, but close to lvl 10 ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Haven't played it in days, not because I don't want to but because I have just got to much work on at the moment. :(
I am struggling to find time to do forum stuff so gaming has no chance at the moment.
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”