Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, the controls are unintuitive as you have to search every time. A bit unimmersive. Also 3rd person view is not my favorite. And you can not change it i think. Character keeps moving forward if you stopped with your controller. So i'm not blown away with the game dynamics.
But the graphics look nice and the game runs fluid.

I just exited the game as i could not even use my sword properly and don't like figuring a whole new control set right now. You have to interact everytime with logical objects. Some things should be automatic. Anyway, i will give it another shot soon®
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I haven't experienced any problems running the game yet (running it on ultra settings :D ) but having said that I also haven't had much time to play it yet with work commitments but the bank holiday week end is coming up so I am hoping to get lots of game time in over the weekend. :banana-dance:

These games are very story driven and the cut scenes can get a little annoying at times but I am enjoying it so far, the graphics on ultra are awesome and I love the fact you can swim under water. :character-ariel:
As for the controls I don't use a controller I use keyboard and mouse and haven't had any problems in game so far I also find searching or interacting with objects easy as all I have to do is hold the right mouse button and it highlights everything of interest around me.
Will post some photos later. :party:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe it is better optimized to play with keyboard and mouse. A bit weird as there are also Playstation 4 and XBOX ONE versions.

But i play with controller on the big screen from the lazy chair. ;)

PS It is a bit weird that there are no English translations of the stories this game is based on.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:
PS It is a bit weird that there are no English translations of the stories this game is based on.
Do you mean the books?
http://io9.com/how-to-get-into-the-witc ... 1706064080

Latest patch:
The patch 1.03 has just been released and is now available for all PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The update introduces a range of stability and performances ehancements as well as allows users to take advantage of some additional graphics settings. Please find the detailed list of fixes below:

Improves stability in gameplay and the UI

Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay

Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed

Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance

Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset

Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High

Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water

Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs

Improves menu handling

Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting

Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map

Generally improves world map focus

Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard

Corrects some missing translations in the UI

Corrects an issue in dialogue selections

Rostan Muggs is back

Minor SFX improvements
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Im enjoying it so far it was a little bit confusing at first so much going on also still getting used to the controls I mostly use my gamrpad but sometimes switch to keyboard games is good you can put controller down and grab mouse and keyboard with out changing any settings.

Story is good so took me fair few goes to get the griffin one time it got stuck inside windmill :loll:

Also games worth it for those awesome cut scene
2015-05-21_00002.jpg
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I hope those updates will solve my game's stability issue

Haha yeah that Griffin was a tough one to beat, but the fight looked cool none the less, did a few times too :P

It's very important to save alot of times in this game, as you just never know what monsters or game issues will catch you of guard...
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I started the game in V1.3. Last night when i wanted to play i had an update of 1.4 gig followed by another one, taking over an hour, so i lost interest to play. Did a quick start this morning.

Game has a lot of eyecandy. Have to get used to the control setup.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

It's pretty ironic that Nvidia has it's ("Nvidia, the way it's meant to be played") branding in the opening credits, as the F*ing Nvidia driver keeps crashes during gameplay :facepalm:

So i'm not happy with them, as my game keeps crashing the same way again and again .. One moment the game is playing just fine and then the game just minimizes it self into the desktop taskbar, while the game plays on for a for about 15 seconds before it notice what has happened and closes the game, it's pretty strange as my game uses Nvidia optimized settings :( From time to time the Nvidia display driver also fails :?

Also for a company like Nvidia to still be using their slow and at times unresponsive Geforce Experience is a joke, when you just know they could make something much better...

Does others here also have these kinds stability issues with Witcher 3 ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Not with the witcher, but i reverted back to the previous driver, the GTA V optimized one, on my racing rig.
That new driver seems to have some issues. Maybe they focus too much on squeezing extra FPS from the TitanX for benches and forget the "little" 970/980 series.

Or maybe it is just the 0.5 acting up. As you play with a higher res at 1440p it might use some video ram.

BTW T-shirt idea, 3.5 + 0.5 :loll:

TBH it is weird that they launch special optimized drivers and they cause some issues.

PS if the game is minimalized, it is probably caused by another program running in the background. Make sure to close all background programs before you start a Steam game. Steam already has overlays.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Like I said before l'my playing the game on ultra settings at 1920X1200 and the latest optomised NvidIa drivers and never had any problems with the game. :o
Maybe I have just been lucky I don't know, the only thing I have changed (after reading on the web) is I went into the steam folder and found the exe programme for the game and changed the permissions to run as Administrator but this was to do with save issues.
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”