Top 20 Free Game List

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Ran across this article today on Extreme Tech's website. Anyone bored of their current game collection and looking for something to play on the cheap? Some of these don't look too bad and they are mainstream, not the cheesy web games. Article is a reprint from last year but still valid. Played one to two myself a while back. The List
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Some nice games on that list, I have about 6 of them myself including the full version of Diablo III. :D
You just have to watch you don't get caught up in the money making side of some of the games and fall in the trap of buying all the upgrades and extras. :eeek:
That way the game can soon become very expensive.
Image Image
paidewei
New Starter
New Starter

I'm surprised NFS World is on that list. Compared to when the beta became open to now EA has completely ruined the game. Before you could actually buy things after a day or three of grinding. Now the car prices have inflated immensely and it seems more and more things have to be bought with real money rather than before when they were free. The world population has also gone down a lot. Takes quite a while for one to find a race, let alone a race with closely leveled opponents. I know that they need to earn money from a game, even if its free to play, but I feel like they went overboard. I'm just venting I guess, I used to really enjoy the game when it came out but now I just can't stand it. :cry:
The Crew In-Game ID: iPdubbs
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

I did scroll through, but no Hearthstone? I play that most nights casually to pass a bit of time sometimes and I find it fun.
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

I have played a couple just for fun but never got too interested. Thought I would like Neverwinter Online and played the closed beta. Was a big fan of the original and thought the Foundry would have been nice, make your own quest/story. That premise was based on my previous experience with some mods in the original. I did not like the game and I already play Guild Wars 2, one MMO is plenty for me.

Hearthstone missing. As in any top list of any kind, it is subject to the reviewers bias and personal preference. Reminded me of this, the birth of art and the art critic.
[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

I dont find it as a suprise that most of them are MMORPG'S.. :P
steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Star Craft II is brilliant. I love RTS games. I've cleared StarCraft II three times. :rightthumbup:
Fractal Design Define R4
Intel Core I5 760 @ 3.6GHZ 1.2V
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
8GIG Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

I stopped reading after I saw NFS world :snooty:
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Arise from the dead old thread. No need to make a new topic. Here is the newest list of the top 20 free games from Extreme Tech for 2016.
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/82824 ... e-pc-games
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Definitely a few good ones on that list thanks. :rightthumbup:
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”