Apocolyptic Games, Wasteland 2, Fallouts, etc

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

You can all post here and tell how you like it. I have way too much stuff going on along with other games, to pick up a new game until after the holidays most likely. Maybe some family member will buy it for me for X-mas, not holding my breath on that though.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Im all pre-loaded ready to hold my thumb up to mushroom cloud :rightthumbup:
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Wasteland 3 is finally out on Steam! Downloading right now! :woot:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Played Wasteland 2 (never got it finished :( )

Been watching it on Twitch but have to say it is not grabbing me as much as i thought, would be interested in what you think of it after you have played some of the game?
Image Image
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bez wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:32 am Played Wasteland 2 (never got it finished :( )

Been watching it on Twitch but have to say it is not grabbing me as much as i thought, would be interested in what you think of it after you have played some of the game?
I'm 13 hours in so far. I like that the dialogue is fully voiced but I just wish there were more dialogue options in important story conversations. The combat is similar to Wasteland 2 with addition of new weapons.

I'm kinda disappointed in the companions. There a total of 6 companions you can have, 4 of them must be recruited "Rangers" (who are mute but you can customize their skills upon recruitment), and the other 2 companions you meet along the way who can talk and come with their own predetermined skills. Wish there was more party banter between companions like in Dragon Age games. I also wish we could respec abilities and I don't think there is a way to do that.

As far as the story goes, it's still early in the game but I like where it's going. You have this base HQ you operate from and you have this armored vehicle you can upgrade and travel the Colorado wastes to new locations. :rightthumbup:

Edit: I also like that there is no inventory cap :woot: You can loot everything and anything you find.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

dpuff wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:27 am
Bez wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:32 am Played Wasteland 2 (never got it finished :( )

I'm 13 hours in so far. I like that the dialogue is fully voiced but I just wish there were more dialogue options in important story conversations. The combat is similar to Wasteland 2 with addition of new weapons.

I'm kinda disappointed in the companions. There a total of 6 companions you can have, 4 of them must be recruited "Rangers" (who are mute but you can customize their skills upon recruitment), and the other 2 companions you meet along the way who can talk and come with their own predetermined skills. Wish there was more party banter between companions like in Dragon Age games. I also wish we could respec abilities and I don't think there is a way to do that.

As far as the story goes, it's still early in the game but I like where it's going. You have this base HQ you operate from and you have this armored vehicle you can upgrade and travel the Colorado wastes to new locations. :rightthumbup:

Edit: I also like that there is no inventory cap :woot: You can loot everything and anything you find.
Thank for the feedback, i might still get it but i am more looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3. :D
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Was a fan of Wasteland 2 and played through a couple of times. Will be picking up 3 eventually but I seldom buy a game right out of the gate, I usually wait for the first sale. Whatever the game is, it properly patched by then and more enjoyable.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Back to the Nevada Wasteland, Fallout New Vegas Complete. Playing The Outer Worlds made me yearn for this game. I have enjoyed playing this multiples times but only the vanilla version. Decided it was time to mod, there are many available and still being made. Biding my time while the texture pack downloads. Already installed a number of fix mods and looking good.

Return to “General Gaming”