Elite Dangerous

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Desk is for work.
Ha! I worked at a desk for years but just the usual office desk junk. At home I have a very nice huge desk, 40" wide kb tray that slides out and an executive chair that I can sleep in if I need to, extremely comfortable. Since I do not watch TV for years now, I only have a cheap basic TV for guests and they have to watch over the air TV. I refuse to pay for cable TV, only Internet connection. :mrgreen:
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

FYI. Patched today, Ver 1.3.01. I would expect one or two more patches over the next few weeks ironing out the little odds and ends. Still have not played. Getting back into GW2 but I'll give this game a go in a week or so. Still just going to head out to explore, all of the Powerplay political stuff does not interest me, plan to stay neutral.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Whoamus wrote:I only have a cheap basic TV for guests and they have to watch over the air TV :mrgreen:
Lol :lol:

I have a satellite dish, so i can catch UFO's flying bye :mrgreen:

Too many games, too little time to play...

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Now at version 1.3.04 but that fixed most everything. There is a bug for exploring where a system found by another explorer first can show you found it first when you visit a system but this is visual only and does not change the first found database. This will be fixed soon.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Trailer for the next expansion. Going to have planetary landings and an SRV you can drive around the planets surface, could be interesting. As always, marketing trailers can be misleading. What you see may not be what you get.

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Have been playing this a lot lately. Making my first trip to Sagittarius A, the black hole at the center of the galaxy. This is not a trip for everyone and certainly not for those who like lots of action. Will take 6 to 8 weeks to make the round trip back to civilization. Comes in around 60,000 light years give or take. The jump drive goes close to 32 light years a jump from star to star. But if you like this sort of thing, you can see some interesting things.

That is a star, not a gas giant. The ring is record at least for now, almost 19 trillion mega tons.
► Show Spoiler
That little planet takes over 80,000 days to make an orbit around it's sun. It was over 6 billion miles from the star.
► Show Spoiler
Some star system contain more then one star. Sometimes they are very close to the main star. Here I was fuel scooping hydrogen from the star below me and looking out the window on two different systems. If you are unlucky, you might just get a little too close and take damage. Did once but not this trip.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
About one more week until I get to the center. Will post a screenshot from my destination when I get there. Images are kind of small. Linked from the ED site where I posted the originals but you can see enough to get the idea.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This game really is epic, and the size is just mind boggling. :eeek:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:This game really is epic, and the size is just mind boggling. :eeek:
It really is. Once you are out there and play for a week, then check to see how far you have gone, only to find you have barely moved on the galaxy map. Since this is representative of our real galaxy and our galaxy is just one of millions, you get the feel of just how small the earth is on a cosmic scale. Like a grain of sand on an endless beach.
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

Did you know that you can change the HUD color manually in game files? I just discovered this and it's amazing!

I personally prefer the first one. :D

This shows how to do it and provides the above presets.

This is the color editor slider, where you can make your own.

I recently bought Elite: Dangerous on Steam Sale and so far I'm really impressed and into it. I'm even going to buy a Saitek X52 HOTAS because I hear it improves the controls by a lot, other than using a Mouse and Keyboard which I am using at the moment.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yep, already had my HUD changed to a blue color. I bought a Thrustmaster T-flight HOTAS, was reasonably priced. I had 2 other flightsticks in storage. One was a Logitech from the turn of the century, the other was a Saitek that had some issues. I set one button to act as a shift key so I almost doubled the number of buttons I can assign.

Hope you enjoy the game. I mostly just explore now after grinding trade and a few combat mission, enough for an Asp Explorer. Just made Sagittarius A yesterday and am now heading back to civilization. Guess I will make between 50 and 100 mil in credits and may make elite rank in exploration. Find out when/if I make it back safely, 25,000 light years back to start star where Cobra is parked. Been a few close calls on jumps almost hitting nearby stars to the main one but no damage yet. Been playing solo mode but may see what open is like when I get back and have enough insurance money to lose a few 100 Cobra's in combat.

Return to “General Gaming”