Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Some amazing photos 8-)
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

New ship for me. Made a few million credits exploring in the Cobra, a smaller ship. This is the Asp Explorer, has longest jump range between stars. Cockpit is the glass bubble up front. Spot for co-pilot below.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks awesome, am I right in thinking you have to buy these with real money (I'm sure I read something about having to buy ships with real money somewhere, or am I wrong :? )
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:Looks awesome, am I right in thinking you have to buy these with real money (I'm sure I read something about having to buy ships with real money somewhere, or am I wrong :? )
Noooo! I would never spend real money to buy in game stuff and still kicking myself for spending extra for DLC in The Crew. Only cosmetic stuff is for sale in the shop, skin for all ships. It is pricey and did cost 20 times what my last ship cost and then I still had to outfit her, another 4 times that. Money isn't too hard to make but takes some time.

It's a decent ship. Has extra firepower, armor, and shields, but still not a dedicated fighting ship. Can hold it's own unless ganged up on by true fighting ships. It is classed as a multipurpose ship. The view is great from the bubble. The big draw is the hyperspace jump distance and an extra large fuel tank, 34 light years if equipped properly, about 10 more than any other ship. Makes for getting to a star where you can scoop fuel a bit better. If you run out of fuel and no star to scoop from, self destruct is your only way out. Hopefully you have enough credits for insurance, about 1.5 million.

Was funny but when taking these snaps, I saw there was someone seated at the copilot station. Wondered who the heck was sitting there. Started a post on those forums with this snap I edited for a few chuckles. It's my automatic copilot.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just grabbed this game from Steam as a bonus for myself for todays trades :D

Long download. Will give it a test fly tomorrow. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

It dose look like a good game but the last thing I need at the moment is another game to fit into my play time :lol: but maybe later on. :D
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:I just grabbed this game from Steam as a bonus for myself for todays trades :D

Long download. Will give it a test fly tomorrow. 8-)
I suggest that you watch the videos and play the tutorials a few times to get the hang of the game, I played them a lot. Then, until you get a feel for flying, landing and combat, play solo. There are griefers who will just blast you for fun even if you do not have any cargo and are in a starter sidey. I personally play solo only but I am not much for multi-play and the social aspect of gaming as you can tell by my lack of participating in the PvP race aspects of The Crew. Good luck CMDR and fly safe.

Edit: They also just released the 1.3 update which adds a ton of new stuff to do. There are some bugs but the new Powerplay looks sort of interesting. Not sure if I will pledge to a power yet or just head out to explore.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, i have to get the hang of it. Not all controls are natural logic. Only been flying between some asteroids, shooting barrels. :violence-guntoting:
Games like this rock on the big screen with the MS wireless controller. Maybe an old fashioned joystick is the better choice. But i stick with the controller for now.

Runs very smoothly as far as i could see. Not really into multiplayer for these type of games. For that i need to play a lot and i prefer racing games anyway for competition.

But this is a nice distraction. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Just on the forums over there, this update is a mess. For you just starting out it should not be too much of an issue. I have not played in a few weeks waiting for this update and now I will wait until the patch which I assume will be coming the beginning of next week.

A flight stick is really the way to go but people play with kb and mouse or controller. I noted earlier in this thread that I have bought one of these. http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/tflight-hotas-x
It is reasonably priced (less than $60US) and works very well. It has 12 buttons and I have one button set as a sort of shift key so I double the remaining buttons for a total of 22. Hardly have to touch the kb.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I actually still have a good thrustmaster flight stick. But i like to play from the lazy chair with my MS wireless :D
Never play games from my desk anyway. Except the occasional pool game or so. Desk is for work. Chair and racing rig are for gameplay.

Maybe i will install Elite on another PC as well and try the Flightstick. But for now it is OK :mrgreen:

Return to “General Gaming”