American Truck Simulator

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

snake250 wrote: So the first DLC is confirmed to be Arizona DLC
Nice hadn't noticed that, maybe we will also get a season pass for future DLC. :think:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Already own ETS2 and I live in America so I doubt I will ever buy. A truck is a truck and I am happy with ETS2. One thing troubles me, DLC one state at a time? There are 48 states not counting Alaska and Hawaii for DLC, seems a bit of a stretch.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote:One thing troubles me, DLC one state at a time? There are 48 states not counting Alaska and Hawaii for DLC, seems a bit of a stretch.
Never looked at it that way :o that's a lot of DLC and a lot of money. :P
But I guess people will cherry pick the best ones and maybe the state they live in just for the fun of driving around your own town in a big truck. :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They also have a ton of DLC for ET2, but you can grab packs in sales. Like Bez did (saw that :lol: )

As long as they do not try to copy the Train Simulator DLC* tactics, it is OK.
*Grabbing all DLC for that game will set you back a whopping 1600$, no kidding. :eeek:
But they sell the base game for a few bucks.
"Prey on the collector". And most players like to make their games complete. Just lame.

But this American Truck Sim can be a relaxing game.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bezrider wrote:
Whoamus wrote:One thing troubles me, DLC one state at a time? There are 48 states not counting Alaska and Hawaii for DLC, seems a bit of a stretch.
Never looked at it that way :o that's a lot of DLC and a lot of money. :P
But I guess people will cherry pick the best ones and maybe the state they live in just for the fun of driving around your own town in a big truck. :D
I hope it's not the case, because that will get people angry.. least i know that the ETS2mp team plan to make ATSmp so :woot:
nathan is a mexican!!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Some latest info on ATS and future DLC and what it will cost.
It's time to respond to the avalanche of questions coming our way concerning our plans for the initial edition of American Truck Simulator and its post-release future.

The day one release will contain the state of California. That was always the plan.

We are happy to confirm that on February 3rd, we will also have the state of Nevada fully ready for release. We were still not sure about Nevada's finish-line when the game box packaging design was being finalized, so the boxes sitting on retail shelves will put the spotlight on California, but there is actually more coming your way right out of the gate. In short, DLC Nevada will be a free game update for everyone, no matter where or when you will have bought the game, available immediately on official release date.
It is also public knowledge by now that we are hard at work on the state of Arizona. On the packaging of the retail box, there is actually an explicit statement that DLC Arizona will unlock for owners of this game edition when it's eventually finished. We are delighted to confirm that Arizona DLC will also be a free game update for everybody. You will just have to wait for it a little bit longer, this part of the world is still under development.

You do not really have to worry about the particular channel where to purchase the game, whether it's on Steam, in any other digital store, or in a bricks-and-mortar shop, the playable content will be the same for everybody.

Actually, we should also mention that next to this base release, several retail publishers have decided to also offer a richer (and more expensive) edition of the game on release, calling it Collector's Edition. These bigger cardboard boxes are surely nicer, they contain a cool selection of additional merchandise items, so it would be for example a very cool birthday gift with extra value. But when it comes to the game itself, the installation media is the same, and the same set of DLCs will be unlocked for those buying this special edition of the game as will for people with the regular edition of the game.

Recommended price of the game is going to be $20/€20, though it is to be expected that for alternate currencies, some local market specifics and the need to display a nice round figure may cause slight variations.
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Yes sadly I knew about this for about six months dam NDA's but good news I will get DLC to do give aways as well hope to spread some your way bez :2thumbsup:
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Fulysic wrote:Yes sadly I knew about this for about six months dam NDA's but good news I will get DLC to do give aways as well hope to spread some your way bez :2thumbsup:
Thanks, looking forward to driving those big ass trucks in the US of A. :D
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Live stream all weekend American Truck Sim LAUNCH WEEKEND
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:Live stream all weekend American Truck Sim LAUNCH WEEKEND
Watched for 10 minutes or so, looks very nice. For me ETS2 is plenty of truck sim though this will be nice for those who want to drive the US.

Return to “General Gaming”