American Truck Simulator

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just made my first delivery of Timber to some farm.

Game runs smooth. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

i've played 8 hours so far, another 600 hours+ before i can say i've played ATS more then ETS2, though i've got this feeling i'm going to get bored even with all this DLC. it's a big project there going to have to employ quite a few more people if they want ATS Map done before 2019..
nathan is a mexican!!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I've only played a small part of the game so far, waiting till I gat a TrackIR setup before I go full on trucking. :P
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Done over 7000 miles now and still truckin hard im lovin every mile of it especially now i can openly play it on Steam :2thumbsup:

@ snake250 about 35% of the DLC content is already in beta condition, with around 20% in alpha and im taking stab from what i have seen roughly 15% of some content is almost complete just waiting on final touches and license approval

@Bez should be fun pushing right keys let me know how it works should look at voice detection software

Some pics
2016-02-06_00022.jpg
2016-02-06_00007.jpg
2016-02-04_00001.jpg
2016-02-03_00001.jpg
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I love those wide photos. :2thumbsup:
Should get the TrackIR early next week will keep you posted on how it goes. :auto-swerve:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Very nice pics.

ATS is only 16,99€ on MMOGA right now. That is a steal.

It will be cool using TrackIR, looking around.

Looking forward to some game videos with that. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Very nice pics.

ATS is only 16,99€ on MMOGA right now. That is a steal.

It will be cool using TrackIR, looking around.

Looking forward to some game videos with that. :party:
Yes ATS is a good price on MMOGA at the moment. 8-)
Will see what I can do about the videos. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Where to start with SCS software's new journey

This game has been a long time coming with alot of hype surrounding it and I have clocked a mass amount of hours and im still truckin

So what is good what is the bad list is below for those who don,t want to read long review

PROS
Set in the USA
very nice fresh look
Very nice looking graphics
Great immersion
Great for low end and high end PC's
New features
Limited bugs
Plenty of control settings/options
Noob friendly
Mod support
World of trucks support
Lot's of potential
Trading cards
Achievements

CONS
Police fines are way to high
No help on what certain settings do like most games have
Weigh bridge's should do more (currently just inconvenience)
Lack of release content
Not enough AI car variety (to many old cars)
Rain drops still don't appear on truck :( no rain spray
To much copy paste from ETS2
Poor choice breaking states down into DLC

LONG REVIEW

Here we go, first thoughts on upon launching the game is help my ears from deafening intro warning for headset user's.
First look around it is very ETS2 looking alot is simple copy and paste new UI would have given this game home area better feel and look.
Lot's of options and it does take a little while to get everything set to personal preference I run CSW with CSE v2 pedals and thrustmaster shifter and DSD button box, everything worked with no real conflicts.
Brief look around most stuff is laid out in same manner as ETS2 so for those with ETS2 background navigation quite easy.

First drive once again everything is easy to find select quick job and im on the road game feels smooth and to be honest feels like ETS2 in alot of ways upon driving first thing you notice is the pain in the ass police bang $1000 fine great when start with $2000 or like me broke at third intersection speeding, red light and clipped car trying to stop bang -$$$ great lucky the bank is every so nice to lend a hand and put you in debt straight away.

Once we get past the new game blues we get truckin and out on the open road it is really a blast its just spectacular to see all detail around especially in main cities and roads are great lots different elevations etc.

Loads lots of jobs to choose from but SCS failed by pretty much copy paste of most trailers which is bit of let down but mods can fix that if your into mods, There is alot more place to drop off loads and the new random parking is great depending on your settings, touching on this I hope they release twin trailers but from what I have seen it could be another SCS pipe dream.

Game performance is good with no crashes and no game breaking bugs for me just a few minor bugs.

Graphics are really nice but reflections and lighting still need tweaking I also expected to see more from SCS like for example water spray, rain drops on body work, pools water on road, and skid marks, Also the surrounding environment looks really nice I feel SCS have come up a little bit short with people AI still looking a little pre ETS2.

The game can be time consuming and grinding to make money I personally like this as it is good for prolonged game play but will turn others away.

Overall it has been alot of fun so far and it is still alot of fun which is good but i think the game released with to little content I can understand there marketing strategy but I think breaking the game down into a bunch of DLC could be wrong move.

Final thought's im interested to see where this game will go and what improvements they will make I do recommend the game but I think the buyer needs to beware that this game release with two cities and two trucks so it will be a strong DLC game which for some people is not viable option, This game has alot of good and potential and im afraid SCS have missed some possibility's to make this game truly special.

Fulysic Recommended 7.5 out of 10
http://steamcommunity.com/id/fulysic/recommended/270880
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I don't think adding new States as DLC is a bad decision. It is a huge task creating full working maps of that size and it keeps the project going.

There should be more key mapping options
The mirror res should have an option to set higher on high spec GFX
On triple scr/ultrawide setups, you should be able to view the right mirror, instead of the inserted one.

And there are probably a ton more things they can do.

But the game runs fine and so far has not shown issues here. This can not be said from a lot of other games that are released in alpha state or early beta. ;)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fanaleds now supports ATS :2thumbsup:

Fanaleds 2.3h is here

Posted Feb 07 2016 by Gerben Bol

We've just released Fanaleds 2.3h which adds support for American Truck Simulator. We're very happy with the collaboration between Fanaleds and SCS Software. Thanks to their help we've been able to test the game to make sure everything works. We're also happy to announce we now support F1 2015. We've had a lot of people requesting support for this game so we hope you enjoy!

Return to “General Gaming”