Fallout 4

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Arsinoe wrote:Yeah, and instead of a bullet bra, I wear the mini-nuke variety!
Now i try to visualize that :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Curious about this settlement building. Is it something you need to do for progression or can you just be someone roaming the wasteland like the older games? The game looks good from what I have seen but the settlement building would be something I wouldn't really be concerned about. Still not buying until some sort of sale. Slowing down on new gaming a bit, have plenty to play now so now hurry on my part.
Arsinoe
Rookie
Rookie

Whoamus wrote:Curious about this settlement building. Is it something you need to do for progression or can you just be someone roaming the wasteland like the older games? The game looks good from what I have seen but the settlement building would be something I wouldn't really be concerned about. Still not buying until some sort of sale. Slowing down on new gaming a bit, have plenty to play now so now hurry on my part.
Whoamus,

I don't think you have to build settlements if you don't want to, although it does give you skill gain to build things. In a couple areas that allows settlement, I only made a sleeping bag to sleep in and a footlocker to store things, so that I don't have to go back to my starting point to heal or unload excess weight. I've done a bit of exploring and from what I can see, the mechanics of fighting, etc. are basically the same except your companions are flagged as essential so they won't die. The creatures are a bit more lively too--some that were easy to kill in Fallout 3 and New Vegas are tougher now. Your SPECIAL skills start out lower as well. I think if you enjoyed Fallout 4's predecessors, you'll probably like this game.
Favorite car: Whichever one I'm currently driving? * YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FollyOfArsinoe
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

That sounds good. I have enjoyed all of the Fallout games, even the earliest ones. I will buy it at some point, just too much stuff happening and games I am playing already occupy much of my free time.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just grabbed this during the Black Friday deals at MMOGA through Bez' link below. Nice discount as well. 8-)

Not really a fan of shooters, but this game just looks awesome. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Just grabbed this during the Black Friday deals at MMOGA through Bez' link below. Nice discount as well. 8-)

Not really a fan of shooters, but this game just looks awesome. :party:
You wont be disappointed, I really like the way you can build custom guns to suit your play style the only thing I am not liking about the game is the structures you can build they are a bit basic but I guess that will change when a few better mods come out. :D
I also like the fact that you can use the app on your tablet or phone to play along with in game. :2thumbsup:

And thanks for using the link Mad, a small percentage of that will go to the upkeep of the site. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There is a Beta Patch available at Steam.

Don't really know what to think about that. Testing patches before release is a good thing, of course. But should that not be done internally by a QA team?
Applying a patch that can possibly and most likely cause more bugs than it will fix? Hmm :think:
They also advise to back up your save game before applying that patch. That sounds assuring :loll:

Maybe Bethesda is trying to change their rep. Fact remains that it has taken the community over 3 Years to create the Legendary patch for Skyrim. And there are still bugs in that game.

I still have to start Fallout 4. Lots of stuf on my sleeve these days.

Anyone who has tried this Beta patch, please share your experiences with it.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Haven't tried it yet and won't be trying it ether. :o
Beta patches what a ridiculous idea :roll: next they will be asking us to rewrite parts of the game for them. :ugeek:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Finally made it to Diamond City. :D
2015-12-04_00001.jpg
2015-12-04_00004.jpg
One thing I've learnt in this game no mater how useless some of the objects lying around in this game look never take them for granted, even something simple like an old dirty cup can contain just the parts you need to upgrade that special gun your after. ;)

My tip: if you've got the space grab everything and leave nothing behind as you trek the wasteland. :character-megaman:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

So now that those who bought have played this a while, how is it? Have been reading that the game has had much of the role playing taken out and it is more of a shooter and crafting game, would you agree? Still in no hurry to buy and considering buying Pillars of Eternity at next GOG sale for the role playing adventure it offers. I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas partly for the subject but also for the role playing choices, do I nuke Megaton or save it type of thing in 3.

Return to “General Gaming”