Fallout 4

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote:So now that those who bought have played this a while, how is it? Have been reading that the game has had much of the role playing taken out and it is more of a shooter and crafting game, would you agree? Still in no hurry to buy and considering buying Pillars of Eternity at next GOG sale for the role playing adventure it offers. I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas partly for the subject but also for the role playing choices, do I nuke Megaton or save it type of thing in 3.
I've ben playing it quite a bit and personally I love it, I played all of the other fallout games but only completed Fallout 3 + some of the DLC.

For me 4 has a better story and lots of important decisions to make (I recently had to make a decision to ether rescue some Synths (human lookalike robots) or hand them in to the institute, :o you need to know the story to know how important this decision is and what consequences it could have. :P
These sort of decisions have to be made all of the time. :think:

It dose still have a lot of the first person shooter as well but so did the last one :P and the gun crafting brings a new added bonus to the gameplay.
As for the building I haven't done much of that as yet but I'm stockpiling resources and hope to rebuild the castle at some point and make it the stronghold it used to be. :mrgreen:

It goes without saying the graphics are better than the last one and the map is quit large too 8-) I'm also looking forward to the DLC and maybe trying some of the amazing mods now available.
If like me you liked the last one you wont be disappointed with this one. :D
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

I did like 3 and New Vegas. Sounds like it is similar from your description. The previous games had a lot of shooter but since I usually play a sneaky sniper type, I avoided a lot of the typical run in with guns blazing fights. I am sure I will buy at some point but was interested in how you felt after the shine wore off.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Steam sale today, 50% off, so I finally purchased.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Whoamus wrote:Steam sale today, 50% off, so I finally purchased.
Lol, i grabbed it last sale for a similar discount but never got to playing it yet. :mrgreen:
Mod community is very active now and through the Nexus you can get a lot of cool stuff from similar modders that did skyrim. Should be good. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Playing a bit now and enjoying so far. Settlement building is a little goofy. Not many in game tips for how it works though, need to look online for some of it.

I also wondered who took the time to board up windows and doors in towns after the war. I think is must be the same union who keeps dungeon torches lit after you break into one that has been sealed for 1000 years and all the torches are going. The torch lighter and post holocaust builders union, great pay, long hours. :lol:
dpuff
Mechanic
Mechanic

I still haven't finished that game, barely scratched the surface really..
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Its a great game once you get into it and the map is vast especially with all of the add-ons and like Mad says you can get some really cool mods that can be installed in game unlike Skyrim. 8-)
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Really am enjoying it. I play all the Fallout games as a sneaky sniper and one of the first things I did was craft a high powered sniper rifle. I have the patience to play that type of character and wait it out. Was fun sniping raiders on the walkways of the auto plant from a building nearby, they never had a clue. For wet work I like a silenced 10 mil. The double barrel shotgun plus an auto pistol for when things get hot. Will play through the vanilla game first, maybe mods or DLC after that.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote:Really am enjoying it. I play all the Fallout games as a sneaky sniper and one of the first things I did was craft a high powered sniper rifle. I have the patience to play that type of character and wait it out. Was fun sniping raiders on the walkways of the auto plant from a building nearby, they never had a clue. For wet work I like a silenced 10 mil. The double barrel shotgun plus an auto pistol for when things get hot. Will play through the vanilla game first, maybe mods or DLC after that.
Glad you are enjoying it I'm a bit of a sniper player as well. :violence-sniperdark:
I like taking out some of the big guys then go in with an automatic rifle and mop the rest up. :violence-ak47:
:character-mrt:
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just seen this on the twitter sidebar on the TDUDT index. :D

Fallout 4's sixth and final DLC, Nuka-World, launches for PC, Xbox One and PS4 on August 30, and here's a gameplay trailer offering a closer look at what you can expect. :loll:
I have the season pass so all DLC is Freeeeeeeeeee. :2thumbsup:
The £14.99 add-on should be pretty vast given its price, and is described by Bethesda thus: "Nuka-World is a vast amusement park featuring Raider gangs and unique park zones like Safari Adventure, the World of Refreshment, Dry Rock Gulch, Kiddie Kingdom, Galactic Zone, and Nuka-Town, USA.

"Nuka-World features new quests, Raiders factions, weapons, creatures and more. Enjoy the ride!"
Video Gamer
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”