Civilization V

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Miao wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:42 pmMore to the north, Trinidad & Tobago almost eliminated Sint Maarten as they banished the... Maartenese? to the southern tip of South America just above Tierra Del Fuego.
I hate it when a civ manages to pull a move like Sint Maarten's, only prolonging the inevitable. :roll:
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

TheLuigi907 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:39 am
Miao wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:42 pmMore to the north, Trinidad & Tobago almost eliminated Sint Maarten as they banished the... Maartenese? to the southern tip of South America just above Tierra Del Fuego.
I hate it when a civ manages to pull a move like Sint Maarten's, only prolonging the inevitable. :roll:
I like when a situation like that happens, but only when the game is not totally focused on domination. Most of the time those civs can't make a comeback on their own and need help from others, help that they only get when a diplomatic victory is enabled.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Oskad-87
Mechanic
Mechanic

死の (Shino) wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:18 pmMost of the time those civs can't make a comeback on their own and need help from others, help that they only get when a diplomatic victory is enabled.
Comebacks are only cool when the civs don't get their cities handed back to them by another more powerful civ.

i.e. The Huns declare war on Portugal, Portugal loses Lisbon but remain alive, Austria declares war on the the Huns, Austria captures Lisbon and gives it back to the Portuguese. Boring.

Germany declares war on China, China loses Beijing but remains alive, Germany declares war on Brazil, Germany couldn't afford to take Brazil's capital, China declares war on Germany, takes back Beijing and captures Berlin. Cool.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Test Game: Potiguara Hello all and welcome back to the test game with the Potiguara. It's been a while since the last post about this campaign, and the truth is that I actually already finished the campaign and made it to turn 650. The reason I have not made anymore posts about this campaign is that I'm just being lazy and I'm procrastinatin'. lol

But let's get back into it, here are the maps for turn 300 to turn 400.

Turn 300:

Turn 325:

Turn 350:

Turn 375:

Turn 400:

In my last post I commented on how Sint Maarten escaped to Patagonia while Trinidad & Tobago razed their islands, and one of you said how Sint Maarten was only prolonging the inevitable... well, you were right about it. Chile just decided they did not want any refugees on "their" land and took the Maartenese (and Tupi) settlements down, Argentina apparently did not like Chile's action and declared war on them ultimately eliminatin' all the Chilean civiliztion. Whenever these two are in the same game one always eliminates the other.

While Chile and Argentina were resolving their problems, the Potiguara were tryin' their best to unite Brazil by assimilatin' the Tupi, Kuikuro and Brazilian into their territory. Random note: While all that shiz was going down Argentina just decided to settle a new city in the middle of the Amazonian Forest...

After expulsin' the Maartenese from the Caribbean, Trinidad & Tobago decided the same should be done about the Dominicans, and so they took half of the island of Hispaniola to themselves while the Tairona Chiefdom took the other half only to have it invaded by angry Hondurans later on.

Speaking of Honduras... after the disappearance of the Mayans under "mysterious" circumstances, Panama couldn't take it anymore and decided to denounce Honduras for their crimes, unfortunately for them Honduras did not let that slide and declared war on them.

Ecuador lost all of their cities except Quito to the Muisca, and the Muisca lost their capital city to Tairona short after that.

The Olmecs are coming closer to uniting all of Mexico but I think that will never be done. I don't see the Shoshone losing a war to them, perhaps only if the Olmec annexed Teotihuacan and Honduras beforehand.

Louisiana lost a lot of their territories to the Seminole. And thanks to everyone's efforts the Iroquois have been erradicated from this campaign. Only reason I'm happy with that is because the Iroquois already did pretty well in my last campaign but now that they had a crappy game I'd be fine if I saw them dominating again in the future, I feel like this with every civilization, if they do exceptionally well once I'd rather see them crumble in the next game, kinda boring seeing the civ always dominating, it's more interesting when different things happen, like what is happening with Newfoundland taking over Quebec and the U.S.A., although one of the Canadas is giving Newfoundland a hard time.

Up to the north, something we all seen in other games is happening... the Dene is losing all of their land to another civilization, yea nothing to see here.

I think that's all for now, to the InfoAddicts.

Overview of Potiguara:

Population:

Cities:

Land Area:

Technologies:

Religion:

Score:

Military Manpower:

Thanks for readin' and I will see you next time.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Maybe you should follow Chile's example and get rid of those 1-city civs inside your borders.
Oskad-87
Mechanic
Mechanic

TheLuigi907 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:42 am Maybe you should follow Chile's example and get rid of those 1-city civs inside your borders.
One of them looks like a chicken. :lol:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Test Game: Potiguara Welcome back to the test game with the Potiguara, after a long hiatus I'm finally motivated to write about this game again.
Turns 400 to 500 were some of the more interestin' ones this game had IMO, all because of one nation. Let's get started.

Turn 400:

Turn 425:

Turn 450:

Turn 475:

Turn 500:

As you can see through the map, the Potiguara's nation borders still look completely disgusting, and they will remain with those city states inside its border until the very end. I also got rid of Rio Grande's chicken lookin' borders with some citadel placements, Oskad.

Bolivia has finally gotten revenge on Argentina for all the TSL games in which those civilizations took part. Argentina (or Chile) would always end up attacking Bolivia and either eliminate them or leave them with only 1 or 2 cities, but not this time around! Also, unfortunately Bolivia and Peru look too similar in the maps, you have to put a little effort to see where the border between those two really is.

Now, on to one of the coolest "empires" I've seen in this game, Newfoundland. They quickly rose to power in the east coast of North America but they also fell from glory rather quickly. It's always cool to see island nations startin' to invade the continent like how Newfoundland and Trinidad & Tobago did. But, yea, Canada and the Apache had enough of that shiz and just went all out on Newfoundland.

Also, another important thing that has happened is the Three Affiliated Tribes consolidatin' their power in the north of the map. That's all for now, to the InfoAddicts.

Overview of Potiguara:

Population:
I think it's right at this part that we start to see how the AI does not do a good job at keepin' their population increasin' in the late game, this kinda saddens me as I'm able to make ridiculous gaps between myself and whoever is in second place.

Cities:

Land Area:

Technologies:

Religion:

Score:

Military Manpower:

Thanks for readin' and I will see you next time.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

At this point I already forgot about more than half the things that happened in your game...
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

TheLuigi907 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:12 am At this point I already forgot about more than half the things that happened in your game...
TBH I write about my games for my own entertainment, and also so I actually have a motive to finish them instead of abandonin' a campaign at around turn 400, which happened with the last 3 games I've had after I finished the game with the Potiguara in effin' September...

Anyway, I'm finally motivated to write about the last part of the Potiguara campaign.

Test Game: Potiguara This is not gonna be easy, I'm gonna try to narrate about what happened in a game that finished 3 months ago with just some screenshots and my memories. Oh well, here we go. Let's start with the maps, as always.

Turn 500:

Turn 525:

Turn 550:

Turn 575:

Turn 600:

Turn 625:

Turn 650:

Guess it's easier to start with dead nations. On how Newfoundland was eliminated by Venezuela, or also on how at some point the Olmec were banished to Alaska.

Or maybe it's better to start with a small rant on how Honduras manages to be OP both here and in the Hearts of Iron IV mod Millenium Dawn. They always dominate Central America givin' no chance to the other countries there, until the USA gets fed up with them and declares war, then my rage is redirected to the USA as I hate them in HOI4 for always doin' well in AI games, but I digress.

Speakin' of countries/nations/civilizations that always do well, we once again have an overpowered Shoshone in North America, they were one of the few civilizations to reach the tech cap before the game ended. I was hopin' for the Apache to be the dominant force of North America, but nobody liked them, the Shoshone, Canada and Three Affiliated Tribes all joined their forces to get rid of the Apache.

Honduras doin' well in this game is kind of my own fault and Venezuela's, we both declared war on Trinidad & Tobago and they decided to jump in. That war had far more consequences than I thought it would have, the Muisca saw that as an opportunity to strike Venezuela and in a turn of events they managed to take their original capital city back, one of the most interesting comebacks I've seen, too bad for them that Bolivia declared war on them shortly after that, but luckily for the Muisca, they were saved by the clock. And because of that clock we will also never know who would win in a war between Canada and the Three Affiliated Tribes (TBH it would likely end in the Shoshone joinin' on Canada's side and becomin' more OP...)

And that's all I remember, to the InfoAddicts.

Overview of Potiguara:

Population:
It's kinda annoyin' how the AI is not able (or is not interested) in keepin' their cities growin' in the late game, it always ends up in ridiculous gaps like this between the human and ai players.

Cities:

Land Area:

Technologies:

Religion:
1 million $ to whoever can properly pronounce the Navajo's capital city name...

Score:

Military Manpower:

Thanks for readin' and I will hopefully start writin' about another campaign in the next year, see ya.
Oskad-87
Mechanic
Mechanic

No mention of Paraguay's, the best guay, death smh

jk jk

I actually went back and read the whole thing since part 1 lol

Not much to do during holiday season when most places that post about civ games playthroughs are stagnated. This game was an interesting one, I don't recall ever seeing Bolivia dominating, and the Newfoundland looked good while it lasted (thanks a lot Venezuela...).

Also the most powerful Washington's America I've seen in TSL game and all you had to do was put them in a crappy starting location. :roll:

Return to “General Gaming”