Civilization V

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

死の (Shino) wrote: I still think you could easily become a major modder of this game if you invested your time to give your civs leaderscreens and civlopedia entries, but you do you.
Meh, I don't care about bein' famous and all.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Miao wrote:There is a little Christmas gift from me to you all who have access to my Civ5 Mediafire account.

It's a pack containin' four and a half civs. It includes the Amalfi Maritime Republic, WWII Canada, Champagne, Livonia, and an updated Aq Qoyunlu. These all would not be possible without the help of Magaki900, Sargon and Shino. Thank you all and happy holidays! :mrgreen:
Nice. :)

Canada was really a surprise, I never thought you'd do a civ for a well known nation. BTW, wouldn't Champagne's colors be more fitting for a Bosnia & Herzegovina civ?
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

TheLuigi907 wrote:Canada was really a surprise, I never thought you'd do a civ for a well known nation.
Not many of you know this but one of my dream mods for Civ5 would be a World War 2 scenario where every single nation is playable, even minor powers like Tannu Tuva, Mengjiang and Liberia. That Canada makes this dream be one step closer from becomin' a reality. :)
TheLuigi907 wrote:BTW, wouldn't Champagne's colors be more fitting for a Bosnia & Herzegovina civ?
It would indeed, but since there are no Bosnia & Herzegovina civilizations around I'll keep Champagne's colour scheme as it is now.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Miao wrote:
TheLuigi907 wrote:Canada was really a surprise, I never thought you'd do a civ for a well known nation.
Not many of you know this but one of my dream mods for Civ5 would be a World War 2 scenario where every single nation is playable, even minor powers like Tannu Tuva, Mengjiang and Liberia. That Canada makes this dream be one step closer from becomin' a reality. :)
I think that it would help a lot if you just played Hearts of Iron IV. :lol:
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

The True Pacific Empire

Hey all, welcome back to The True Pacific Empire playthrough feturin' the Malayan Union. [No happy new year message from me, cuz I see nothing special on such date] It's turn 500 now, the point where any normal game of Civilization 5 would end with a time victory for the player with the highest score, but this ain't a normal game of Civilization 5, this is a game featurin' over 60 civilizations on a huge Earth map with True Starting Locations enabled! So, with that in mind, this is not where it ends, there will be at least 200 more turns for chaos to take place.

Without further ado, let's begin with the minimaps.

Turn 400:

Turn 425:

Turn 450:

Turn 475:

Turn 500:

*Sigh* here comes the narration about nearly everything that happened in these last 100 turns. Ahem, I'll start with what happened to Malaya, the first war to have taken place in these turns were the Malayan-Iroquoian Pacific war in which I managed to defeat my enemy in order to get hold of all the territories they had borderin' the Pacific Ocean, my ocean! In doin' so I even liberated some Dene cities I got over the peace treaty in order to decrease my warmonger penalties.

Right after that the Iroquois declared war on the Lakota and annexed them, I did the same with Ecuador and with what was left of Mexico, Bolivia and the Maya. And after this I claimed the last territories in the American continent that bordered my ocean from Alagoas, it wasn't a really difficult, in fact, the most difficult war I have been in so far was actually early on against Papua, Burma also wasn't easy. As time progresses in this game it gets easier and easier to capture cities, things that would take me about 100 turns to do now only takes 25 turns.

Also, I've managed to avoid a war with Tropico by usin' a great general to capture the tiles they had borderin' the Pacific. Now Magadan is the only nation left I'm definitely goin' to attack.

Some other advancements. The Isle of Man has emerged as the one who gained the most in the coalition against pretty boys, they are now the dominant power of Europe. Betsimisaraka has taken out the last Australian settlement to survive after I attacked them, and this is something I have not pointed out before but Betsy is now the king of Antarctica.

Magadan decided to expand further into what we know as Russia in our world and the Mughals declared war on Magadan afterwards, probably more because of diplomatic reason than desirin' their lands as what the Mughals had in their Siberian colony clearly wasn't enough to hold off Magadan from takin' it over. Durin' these wars a coalition has started against the Khanate of Sibir and for the first time I saw Sibir bein' eliminated by other AI players. Russia, Qin and Magadan were the ones benefited from that coalition and I have to say it, I'm kinda reluctant on goin' to war with Magadan, this is the best ever I have seen them doin', they have so many opportunities in these next 200 turns.

Anyway, some other things. The kingdom of Nepal has fallen to the Qin dynasty, makin' that also the best AI Qin I have ever seen, they would look even better if I had not taken their coastal lands, lol.

And in Africa Algeria has finally got rid of that Visigothic exclave they had in their territory. And Lesotho has risen as the dominant power of Africa that will most likely unite all of it. Oh, and just so you all know, Alagoas colony in Africa was lost partially because of my fault as Nubia declared war on Alagoas.

Now, to the InfoAddicts.

Malayan Overview:

Cities:

Population:

Land Area:

Technologies:

Religion:

Score:

Military Manpower:

Thanks for readin' and I will see you next time.
Oskad-87
Mechanic
Mechanic

The Mughlas lost to Magadan, how the hell?!
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Oskad-87 wrote:The Mughlas lost to Magadan, how the hell?!
By having a bad time trying to reinforce the front lines? Look at how far away the Mughal core was from the main battle.
Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Sargon of Akkad
New Starter
New Starter

Miao wrote:The Isle of Man has emerged as the one who gained the most in the coalition against pretty boys, they are now the dominant power of Europe.
Sometimes I feel like some modders had a bit of patriotism when creating certain civilizations...
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sargon of Akkad wrote:Sometimes I feel like some modders had a bit of patriotism when creating certain civilizations...
Huh, what do you mean?
Sargon of Akkad
New Starter
New Starter

TheLuigi907 wrote:
Sargon of Akkad wrote:Sometimes I feel like some modders had a bit of patriotism when creating certain civilizations...
Huh, what do you mean?
What I mean is that I feel like some modders had bit of bias when they were designing certain civs or when they were deciding how their civ's AI should play.

The Isle of Man mod was made by a Manx modder and I always see them do good. I have the same impression about Alagoas too, they are only lagging behind in Miao's game because she attacked them but if that didn't happen we could probably see them having the entire South America to them and maybe some of Africa. Please note that this is only the impression I have about these modded civs, I have nothing against their creators.

Return to “General Gaming”