Civilization V

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Thought I'd share my experiences with you all.

If you don't know about Civilization or haven't just heard of it just google it. This topic is for discussin' about the game, tellin' stories of your own playthroughs/campaigns, and maybe even for settin' up online matches.

I know a few forum members around here who plays this game as well, feel free to share your own stories with us too.

I'll start with my current World campaign.

The Pan-American Empire

A 62 player free for all match on an Earth map, with diplomatic victory disabled and with the World Congress disabled as well (with 62 players that Image simply never loads). Difficulty is set to King (5) and I'm also usin' a mod called "Aggressive and Expansive AI" so that a good chunk of the players get eliminated, I'm also playin' with Extend Eras and Beyond the Future, this should make the game last for weeks.

This is my second ever game with TSL (true starting locations) and I've been enjoyin' these more than the normal games on random generated maps. My first TSL game was a total failure as I played with Malta on a huge Europe map and there was no place near me to settle down a second city as the AI took all the spots by the time I've got the technology to embark but at least I survived until Byzantium won a cultural victory.

Back to the current game, this is the list of all the participants:

1. Peru
  2. Somalia
  3. Tokaido (representing Japan)
  4. Morocco
  5. Spain (led by Carlos III)
  6. France (led by Charles de Gaulle)
  7. Vietnam
  8. Venice
  9. Russia (led by Vladmir Putin)
  10. Mongolia
  11. Tunisia
  12. United Kingdom
  13. Qin Dynasty
  14. North Korea
  15. Caribbean (representing the UPCA)
  16. Boer Republic
  17. Ireland
  18. Byzantine Empire
  19. Bosnia-Herzegovina
  20. Algeria
  21. Germany (led by Adolf Hitler)
  22. Rashidun Caliphate
  23. Kimberley - Australian Aboriginal Civ
  24. Egypt
  25. Yakutia
  26. Ashanti
  27. Brunei
  28. Zimbabwe
  29. Libya
  30. Songhai Empire
  31. Qara Qoyunlu
  32. Italy
  33. Norway
  34. Philippines
  35. Romania
  36. Kilwa Sultanate
  37. Saudi Arabia
  38. Sassanids
  39. Kongo
  40. Canada
  41. ISIS
  42. Beothuk - Canadian First Nation Civ
  43. Afghanistan
  44. Zulus
  45. Mexico
  46. Shoshone
  47. Hawaii
  48. India
  49. Confederate States (in place of USA)
  50. Tonga
  51. Venezuela
  52. Malaysia
  53. Argentina
  54. Papua
  55. Brazil
  56. Indonesia
  57. Chile
  58. Australia
  59. Chinook - American Native
  60. Iroquois
  61. Dominica
  62. Kulin - Australian Aboriginal Civ
And this is the world map I've explored so far, we are currently at turn 260. (take a look at the list a little more down from here to associate the colours with the correct civilizations)

By the looks of it you can already guess I'm playin' this as Peru, and that I'm quite the warmonger. :P As I've eliminated Chile, Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, and the UPCA.

So far I've discovered 49 of the other 61 players but lookin' at the score list I see only 46 remain in the game, so I'm not the only warmonger around. By the time I've got a caravel sent to Africa I already saw that the entire south coast was under control of the Zulus, which in turn means that they eliminated the Boers, and lookin' at the Arabian peninsula I see that ISIS already took out the Rashidun and most of Saudi Arabia, by the time I've got there I already knew that Saudi Arabia lost their original capital as their current one wasn't Riyadh and a few turns later Byzantium somehow captured their new capital.

Morocco got eliminated a few turns later after I met them, Songhai and Kongo worked together to take all of it. The Shoshone took out all of Mexico and the Iroquois took a big chunk out of the Confederate States. Venezuela also eliminated Dominica before I even get to meet them.

And in south east Asia we have Brunei takin' everything except the capital of the Philippines. I'm pretty sure Germany is bein' aggressive as well as they captured Paris but France took it back one turn later, they might have eliminated someone else in Europe like Bosnia or Italy.

When I started this campaign I had three objectives set to myself, 1) completely control South America, 2) completely control the American continent, and 3) Launch an oversea attack and capture territory in another continent that is not Oceania. But after takin' a look at the InfoAddicts and seein' this:

I'm establishin' a 4th objective now, destroy India. Just how the eff are they so ahead in technology? I'm takin' them down even if they win the game through a science victory.

*Sigh* back to the 2nd objective, I'm right now the civ with the biggest amount of cities under its control, at least among the ones I've discovered, I'm sure Russia is pretty big too if they haven't been eliminated in the early game and the Qara Qoyunlu is expansionist as hell too. If I continue conquerin' the civs in North America I'll be at the end of the campaign with at least 100 cities :o if my almighty Peruvian Empire doesn't crumble down, that is.

I'm currently at the Industrial Era and I already chose autocracy as my ideology, I've been able to sustain the happiness of my nation empire with ease as I have a pretty big list of luxuries and buildings that provide happiness added through mods.

I will continue to progress through the campaign and I'll report back the world events here at something like turn 350.

2nd Part (Turn 300) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 933#p39933
3rd Part (Turn 350) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 100#p40100
4th Part (Turn 375) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p40273
5th Part (Turn 400) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... =20#p40353
Final Part (Turn 475) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... =30#p40684

Other TSL Campaigns:

Conquest and Colonization

Mare Nostrum

Luigi's European AI-Only Battle Royale

Slovakian Thunder Empire

]The huge procrastination game: Potiguara

The True Pacific Empire

The Tuvaluan Pacific Empire

Trinidad & Tobago can't into victory T.T

Wei's Conquest of Eastern Asia (and Australia)

What do you guys think? Share your stories about your games here too, be it with TSL or not. :)
Last edited by Miao on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Looks like a nice game going. Never tried Civ V but I do play 4 on occasion. Good luck to you. Hope you win.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This looks like an epic challenge. :eeek:
I do have some of these games and enjoy playing them sometimes but I have never played at this level. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Oskad-87
Mechanic
Mechanic

Miao wrote:Russia (under Vladmir Putin)
Give up while you can, we all know the great leader Putin is going to dominate it all, everyone was doomed to lose from the beginning. :P

Too bad you didn't put kebab, it could be interesting to see what would happen between them and ISIS. I know a little about Civ V but I'm more of an Europa Universalis IV fan, good luck in your game.
死の (Shino)
Mechanic
Mechanic

Your campaign reminds me of one I did long ago on an Eurasian map, I took all of Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East to myself as the Durrani Empire. :twisted:
Miao wrote:I'm establishin' a 4th objective now, destroy India. Just how the eff are they so ahead in technology? I'm takin' them down even if they win the game through a science victory.
India's unique abilities usually let's them be a big contender for the victory during the late game if they managed to protect their first cities, as you're playing with extended eras you're probably already seeing that effect. It won't be easy to take them down as they should have lots of city defense because of high population, and don't forget that India ALWAYS use nukes, good luck beating the devil, Miao.
Miao wrote:Image
> plays with aggressive and expansive AI mod and Hitler's Germany
> Venice is still around

Remember: Hacking, not cracking.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote:Looks like a nice game going. Never tried Civ V but I do play 4 on occasion. Good luck to you. Hope you win.
Thanks, I'll try my best at it. I shouldn't really focus too much on India right now as I have yet to complete the 2nd objective of controllin' the whole American continent.
Bezrider wrote:This looks like an epic challenge. :eeek:
That's the idea with me settin' up some personal objectives/quests to complete through the game. :mrgreen:

This is nothing near the challenge of my first TSL campaign though. I was squeezed in between Sicily and Tunisia in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea as Malta with only one city under my control for quite some good time, my second city ended up bein' in Siberia. Image

Oskad-87 wrote:
Miao wrote:Russia (under Vladmir Putin)
Give up while you can, we all know the great leader Putin is going to dominate it all, everyone was doomed to lose from the beginning. :P
And I have just found Russia, they're at 43 cities and one tech ahead of me. :o

Now I wonder how the Qara Qoyunlu is doing...

死の (Shino) wrote:> plays with aggressive and expansive AI mod and Hitler's Germany
> Venice is still around

I guess Hitler or maybe even Italy (Mussolini) are only keepin' Venice around because of its trade routes, if I had started in Europe I'd try to keep Venice around so that I'm the only one they can trade with. :geek:
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just noticed this game is on for a fantastic price (Price: £ 30.95 £ 7.74)on our sponsors website and includes all of this :eeek:
Contents of the Civilization 5 Complete Edition

◦Full game Civilization 5 ◦Gods and Kings (Addon)
◦Brave New World (Addon)
◦Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean
◦Cradle of Civilization - Asia
◦Cradle of Civilization - Americas
◦Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia
◦Explorer's Map Pack
◦Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)
◦Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
◦Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings
◦Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea
◦Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack
◦Scrambled Continent Map Pack
◦Scrambled Nations Map Pack
◦Conquest of the new world Deluxe Scenario
:link: Civilization V (5) - Complete Edition
Image Image
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

We finally hit turn 300, a lot of things happened until there and I've also made a lot of discoveries.

First of all, here's the current world map.

On turn 263, the Chinook and the Iroquois have declared war on the Shoshone, I take advantage of the situation and join the war on the Shoshone's side 10 turns later. Meanwhile, the Songhai Empire seems to be havin' fun kickin' the Ashanti's butt as they take most of their cities, includin' the capital.

During this time span, from turn 260 to 300, Germany hasn't peaced out with France, they're actually at war since I've met them. :lol: But things changed as Norway joined on Germany's side and they were actually able to do something as they captured the city of Toulouse, which France founded on modern-day Concarneau. This was enough to change France's stability and make they lose control over the war as Germany captured Paris once again. I'm surprised Spain still hasn't joined on this.

Japan (Tokaido) and China (Qin Dynasty) also declared war on North Korea but nothing happened out of it, no cities exchange at least. And the Zulu have declared war on Zimbabwe but they only took one city they previously owned. During my time of war with the Chinook I also split my navy in 2 and sent a fleet to attack the Confederate States and Canada, a successful war so far as I eliminated the Confederate States from the game and took some Canadian cities to myself.

Right now the only nations friendly towards me are Mongolia, the Shoshone, Libya, and the Islamic State... I wonder why. :roll:

I finally got open borders through Libya and found out that they have eliminated a handful of civilizations, these include Tunisia, Algeria and Italy, yes, Italy; Libya has taken out Italy, I just love this game. :loll:

I also met all of the players who are still alive, I'm surprised at who got eliminated and at who is still alive. Here's a list of eliminated players/civilizations, I'm also pointin' out the killer, should I know who it was:

• Mexico - Shoshone
  • Chile - Peru
  • Argentina - Peru
  • Dominica - Venezuela
  • Romania
  • Brazil - Peru
  • Qara Qoyunlu
  • Rashidun Caliphate
  • Tunisia - Libya
  • Venezuela - Peru
  • Algeria - Libya
  • Italy - Libya
  • Confederate States - Peru The Great Latin American Empire
  • Boer Republic - Zulu
What's funny about this is that Canada banished the Beothuk to modern-day Alaska. :loll: I'll have to eventually deliver the final blow but it was Canada who made most of the damage, similarly to how it was IRL, except that they completely killed the Beothuk tribes...

Now, here are some stats about the game so far.

Military Manpower

Cities

Technologies

I'm catchin' up with India but I will still make my overseas attack on them as they are makin' most of the civilizations choose order as their ideology instead of autocracy.

Religion

Oh glorious timeline where the Islamic State has founded the Shinto religion... :loll:
Last edited by Miao on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Miao wrote: Oh glorious timeline where the Islamic State has founded the Shinto religion... :loll:
There's a mod that introduces new religions to the game like Sunni Islam and Druidism, it can be useful to stop things like this.

Also, nice game you're having there, I might start one similar to yours soon, which map did you use for this?
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

TheLuigi907 wrote:
Miao wrote:Oh glorious timeline where the Islamic State has founded the Shinto religion... :loll:
There's a mod that introduces new religions to the game like Sunni Islam and Druidism, it can be useful to stop things like this.
I know, but I still want these things to happen as they can give me laughs sometimes.
TheLuigi907 wrote:which map did you use for this?
The giant earth map (180 x 94) that came with YnAEMP, although I edited it and removed a lot of the mountains out and added in some new luxury resources across the map. :geek:

Return to “General Gaming”