All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Oskad-87
Mechanic
Mechanic

What happened with the civ5 campaign?
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Oskad-87 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:25 pm What happened with the civ5 campaign?
It shall rise again.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

The True Pacific Empire Almost perfect timin', Oskad, almost perfect...

Welcome, readers and random forum dwellers, welcome (back) to The True Pacific Empire playthrough feturin' the Malayan Union. 2 months since I last posted about this campaign, I blame real life matters and Hearts of Iron IV for the delay. Let's just begin this.

Turn 600:

Turn 625:

Turn 650:

Turn 675:

Turn 700:

Oh yes, this is also the last report on the "The True Pacific Empire" campaign, and I'm glad it's finally over after the massive time gaps between each post I've made about this campaign. But I'm mostly glad because I don't like leavin' these campaigns unfinished when there were no technical problems with them.

Since these were the last 100 turns, I took my time to make a gif showin' the minimap each 10 turns.

In the last part I ended the post commentin' on the war of Lesotho versus the Mughals, sayin' how such a clash of titans could end up as a meaningless war, and that's exactly what happened. lol

Luckily, other things happened durin' these 100 turns. The fall of Vladimir Putin, for example, at the hands of the Isle of Man, which for the remainin' turns of the game tried to take over Magadan, with little success as there is still a lot left of their territory in the last turn... This was the best performance from Magadan so far in a TSL game, last time, they didn't get along with the Japanese...

Lesotho took their time to wipe out the remainin' 1-city civs from the game, no more Betsi-whatever and Algeria. And no more Alaskan California too, I decided to just annex them.

The fire between Lesotho and the Mughals did ignite again at around turn 680 but not much happened between those 2, or at least we won't be able to see if any major loses would happen. Both have almost the same military might, however, in the beginning it seemed like the Mughals were more focused on buildin' a navy than Lesotho was, as Lesotho lost their islands and frequently got the Horn of Africa taken away from them.

Another war we won't be able to see the result is Alagoas versus Tropico, and Iroquois versus Isle of Man (they came to me askin' if I wanted to join in a joint war against the Manx). El Presidente somehow managed to survive until the very end, well, congratulations to all the 10 nations that survived these 700 turns.

... And that's all I have to say... To the InfoAddicts!

Malayan Overview:

Cities:

Population:

Land Area:

Technologies:
Unfortunately, not everyone made it to the tech cap.

Religion:
In no moment durin' these 700 turns I spent my time movin' missionaries and great prophets around to preach about Buddhism...

Score:
So, what do you do after you finish buildin' every single building in your most important cities? Make them build space stations and get that 50% science and gold bonus in every single one of them! That's how I have so much gold and points from future technology.

Military Manpower:

All the minimaps shown, compelled in a gif.

And that's the end, thank you all for readin'.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Disappointing how none of the titans could best each other, the Mughals and Lesotho chose the wrong enemy, both could have crushed Isle of Man if they wanted.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

I have not yet abandoned this game. I'm still playin' and moddin' it, things have just been slow as of lately.

Those civs I promised long ago, they will be delivered, but as of now I'm helpin' a friend with their civs. With the civ icons and with testing. And since I have not done a TSL campaign in a while, I decided to make this test game a campaign with TSL enabled while the followin' civs* are tested:

*Sint Maarten is mine, not collaboratin' with anyone on it.

The map used in this is America.

And I will be testin' out the Potiguara, the so called "shrimp eaters", while I see if the other 3 civs don't crash the game... And now that I already went through 100 turns I kinda regret not doin' this as Dominican Republic or Sint Maarten, I really feel like playin' as an island nation on that map...

I'm playin' this on my laptop, the map may end up bein' a little too big for it but I hope to able to make it to at least turn 400. And since this is a test campaign we could also crash at anytime because of the civs and compatibility issues, I already had to remove the Poverty Point civ because of that...

Anyway, here are the mini maps.

Turn 50:

Turn 100:

Playin' on emperor, as always. For the next campaign I'd like to switch to immortal but for this one I gotta have a chance to survive to test things out.

Some basic infoaddicts.

Overview:

Military Manpower:

Full civ list here: http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 540#p50629

2nd part (turn 200) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 540#p50627
3rd part (turn 300) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 540#p50838
4th part (turn 400) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 550#p51267
5th part (turn 500) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 550#p51796
6th part (turn 650) - http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 550#p52522
Last edited by Miao on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Miao wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:12 pm
*Sint Maarten is mine, not collaboratin' with anyone on it.
Only Latin Americans, I think I know who you're working with.
Oskad-87
Mechanic
Mechanic

Damn, I didn't even see the Malaya campaign was over. Congratz on getting it done. :)

Is it me or does every time Africa unites, in a world map, it is always by a civ from southern Africa? Kongo, Zulus, Boers and now Lesotho.

PS Dominican Republic's colors remind me of Saints Row. :lol:
TheLuigi907
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oskad-87 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:50 pmIs it me or does every time Africa unites, in a world map, it is always by a civ from southern Africa? Kongo, Zulus, Boers and now Lesotho.
I remember having a game where Egypt (the vanilla one) conquered all of Africa. They started taking European territories and the Arabian peninsula too, it was the strongest Egypt I've seen. Ethiopia and Kongo usually kills Egypt but not that time.
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Oskad-87 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:50 pmDominican Republic's colors remind me of Saints Row. :lol:
It's just Carthage's colours but inverted...
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Oskad-87 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:50 pmIs it me or does every time Africa unites, in a world map, it is always by a civ from southern Africa? Kongo, Zulus, Boers and now Lesotho.
Check the first campaign I wrote about in this thread.

They didn't exactly unite all of it but Libya got pretty damn close to it... until Putin's Russia destroyed Libya's dream by startin' to own territory in their continent.

Return to “General Gaming”