Retro-Gaming

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Just looked at the new followers list on the TDUDT Twitter account and noticed this guy Joe_H04 so I checked out the link on his profile and they are developing a new VR game but the thing that court my eye was a program they have made to demo the VR environment. :o

It's called New Retro Arcade it allows you to walk around in an old arcade environment and play all those old favourite games. 8-)
Wile it is intended to show off VR you don't need it to play and it can also be setup with other controller's. :2thumbsup:

Check out the video it looks awesome. :D

The download is free and comes with all the instructions to set it up including links to ROMs plus you can add your own ROMs and customise it to your own liking.
I've installed it on my own PC (it works with win 10) and everything works ok, well worth checking out if you like this sort of thing.

Link to the ROMs I used (went with Game Pack 1, Mirror 1)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, i used to have a basic arcade style setup for my Mame a while back, but this is something else. Very nicely done.

:2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Lol, i used to have a basic arcade style setup for my Mame a while back, but this is something else. Very nicely done.

:2thumbsup:
I've only tried it with keyboard and mouse but it works very well 8-) I also have lots of ROMs on a disk somewhere that might work with this. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If it works with keyboard, my X-Arcade will work as well :mrgreen:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

This looks very cool. I loved arcades and hung out in them a lot in my 20's. This really did remind me of the real thing. I am giving my MAME cab to my daughter but I do have a few thousand ROM's backed up. The ROM's are old, at least 10 years and not sure they will work in a newer emulator. My one real big problem, no VR to use this with but can keep in mind for the future.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote: My one real big problem, no VR to use this with but can keep in mind for the future.
I have installed it on my PC and it works ok without VR plus you can customise your controller. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bezrider wrote:
Whoamus wrote: My one real big problem, no VR to use this with but can keep in mind for the future.
I have installed it on my PC and it works ok without VR plus you can customise your controller. :2thumbsup:
Will see about it later. Laptop and coffee time now. Thanks!
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Rather then make a new topic, this retro gaming thread will do. Just read an article about some new stuff on the Internet Archive site for Windows 3.1 games being playable here, also some other old software. I tried out Risk just for fun, seemed to work well. If you look around there you can also find arcade games similar to the MAME versions. Fun if you are getting nostalgic for the old days of gaming.

Return to “General Gaming”