Bioshock

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I liked the first version of this. Than it went a bit downhill. But Bioshock gets an upgrade. Together with the launch for PS4 and XB1.

It looks good :party:

https://blog.2k.com/news/en-bioshock-th ... c-upgrades
I own BioShock on PC. How do I get the remastered version?

BIOSHOCK ON STEAM: If you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, or Minerva’s Den on Steam, the remastered version for the corresponding title will automatically show up in your Steam library as a separate game. You can expect to see the remastered titles begin rolling out in Steam libraries starting at 3pm PT on September 15, 2016 (find out what time that is in your timezone). Once it shows up, you can choose to install the original version or the remastered version.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Great game but I only have it on disk so no update for me I guess. :(
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:Great game but I only have it on disk so no update for me I guess. :(
It can be done but takes a bit more effort 8-)
If you have a physical copy of BioShock or BioShock 2 on PC, or a Games for Windows Live digital copy, it may take some additional steps to get the remastered version.

The original BioShock is 9 years old. NINE. That is ancient in computer years. This also means most physical copies didn’t come with a CD key. To get BioShock remastered on Steam, you must provide your Steam profile information AND proof of purchase of the original PC game to 2K Support. Find out what else you need to submit a ticket here.

For BioShock 2, find the Games for Windows Live key that was with your digital or physical copy. Activate this key through Steam. Information and step-by-step instructions can be found at this link.

Once you have BioShock or BioShock 2 on Steam, you are all set for the upgrade starting at 3pm PT on 9/15/16
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks for that mad I've got Bioshock 1 and 2 so I should be good to go, will check it out at the weekend. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just checked my Steam library and both Remastered Bioshock 1 and 2 are there. Downloading now. Massive 20gig each. So these new textures must be impressive.

I really do hope you can play Bioshock2 now with a controller. :D

Edit: it can. It seems the full XB1/PS4 compatibility is now universal in all Bioshock games.
Some say it is a lame port, only supporting limited screen resolutions. But it looks like an overall improvement and it runs solid.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I dug out my old copy of Bioshock 1 ant tried to enter the key inside the box but Steam just says it is not recognised. :(
I cant find my copy of Bioshock 2. :(
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:I dug out my old copy of Bioshock 1 ant tried to enter the key inside the box but Steam just says it is not recognised. :(
Maybe try 2K support.

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/204338213

They need your Steam profile and some other stuff. Still worth trying.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:
Bezrider wrote:I dug out my old copy of Bioshock 1 ant tried to enter the key inside the box but Steam just says it is not recognised. :(
Maybe try 2K support.

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/204338213

They need your Steam profile and some other stuff. Still worth trying.
Ok will try that. :rightthumbup:
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”