MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, it looks awesome. :2thumbsup:

There has been a large bug fixing patch rolled out (1.04) before release. So they do fix bugs.
Question remains, if the EA virus rubbs off on this team.

They made it playable, as some missions could not be completed.
Of course this is a massive project. Will they continue to support, after the game has launched and the money has been taken?
The developers want to. But how will EA deal with it?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mass-eff ... nownissues
Some review
https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/0 ... da-review/

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

At the moment i am playing it for free and with early access because i am a member of Origin Access. :D

It only costs £19.99 a year and gives me early access to lots of new games (first 10 hours free with Mass Effect) then an extra 10% off if i decide to buy it. 8-)

Plus lots of other games to download totally free, See link: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/ ... ault-games
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That might be interesting if you plan to buy multiple EA games a year. I did see it. :party:

But you can grab a key at MMOGA for 48€ instead of the 60€ AE Origin charges...
And that is already more than the 10% discount at EA :lol:
20% at release day...

https://www.mmoga.com/EA-Games/Mass-Eff ... omeda.html

Edit; i tried the MMOGA path and already have the key, including pre-order DLC Deep Space Explorer Armor. :mrgreen:
45Gb downloading now :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 am That might be interesting if you plan to buy multiple EA games a year. I did see it. :party:

But you can grab a key at MMOGA for 48€ instead of the 60€ AE Origin charges...
And that is already more than the 10% discount at EA :lol:
20% at release day...

https://www.mmoga.com/EA-Games/Mass-Eff ... omeda.html

Edit; i tried the MMOGA path and already have the key, including pre-order DLC Deep Space Explorer Armor. :mrgreen:
45Gb downloading now :party:
Nice, hope you enjoy the game as much as i am. :D

I know they cheaper from other places than EA but i think joining Origin Access is still a good deal as you get to play 10 hours for free to see if you like it first then if you do nothing stopping you from going to a place like MMOGA and getting the discount. ;)

Plus you still get all those free games as well. :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Being able to play a little before you buy is a big bonus for sure. But EA....

Right now i can not even jump on a ledge.. :lol:

I never went into Origin as well.

Any player tags?

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have played for a while today. It is of course a shooter based game. But the visuals are quite appealing. And it plays reasonably well with a controller.

The game runs very well on my GTX1070/i5 6600K. All settings on max high or ultra and it never drops under 60fps. Most likely somewhere around 85fps average, which is plenty.

I do use the dedicated new driver Nvidia released for the launch of this game.

All on default difficulty for now. Aiming is not as good as you can do with a mouse.
But i can play with the MS Wireless controller on the big screen TV from the lazy chair and that beats sitting behind a desk any time. :D

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Am struggling to get in some play time as i am working most of the weekend but will fit some in. ;)

On a side note i like the way i can use my game tag as a real name in-game as the main guy is called Ryder and you get to pick his first name when you first start the game so i obviously chose Bez giving me Bez Ryder not the same as Bezrider but sounds the same. :lol: 8-)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK, i should have listened and play a trial first. I simply do not like shooters.
And this is just another shooter. A fancy one, but still a shooter.
The exploration sequences are only followed by more shooting. Too bad really. Scenery is nicely done.
I expected a space exploration game. Why do they have to turn everything into lame shooters?

Game does not grab me. Another waste of 50€ :angry-banghead:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:18 am OK, i should have listened and play a trial first. I simply do not like shooters.
And this is just another shooter. A fancy one, but still a shooter.
The exploration sequences are only followed by more shooting. Too bad really. Scenery is nicely done.
I expected a space exploration game. Why do they have to turn everything into lame shooters?

Game does not grab me. Another waste of 50€ :angry-banghead:
Sorry to hear you don't like the game after all :(

I did say it was "primarily a FPS" but it also has lots of exploration and a good story line, maybe joining EA access would have been the cheaper option. ;)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Mass effect is a cool game, if you like shooters.

Maybe i will give it another shot later.

See what i did there? :lol:

Return to “General Gaming”