Skyrim Special Edition

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It seems that Bethesda is now actually supporting Skyrim, now it is available on the consoles.
A lot can be achieved with proper motivation... :roll:
Skyrim Special Edition 1.3 Update

Fixes
General stability and performance improvements
Fixed an issue where Slow Time effects weren't behaving properly
Better support for 144hz displays
Fixed issue with being unable to log into Bethesda.net
To all that participated in our Steam Beta, thank you for your feedback!
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The latest Skyrim SE updates cause my modded game to crash after a minute or so. And no way to roll back to a previous version, as updates are mandatory.

This is messy. Never update or change a game, while in a playthrough. Golden rule for a Modded Skyrim.
They should know that by now. At least give the option to install the update or not.

Now i will have to start a new game, after finishing 75% of the Skyrim provence at L104. And even a new game won't give the guarantee that they won't do the same stupid thing during my next playthrough.

Not so cool Bethesda... :naughty:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I managed to get my L107 save working again, by uninstalling and reinstalling some essential mods and by letting all followers go and enable two again. I made the others steward of Heartfire Houses as a reward for their services.

I also use a proper AFT now. More about that in the Mod thread.

Despite the new 64 bit engine, the script clutter is still there it seems. And game updates can break your save game or create bugs in mods. Or reveal bugs that were dormant before.

Anyway, i can continue with this game. I almost was tempted to use the levelers tower mod to recreate my character. But it is no real use as you still have to revisit every location and do the same missions over again.

The options of that mod are just insane. Maybe i will try it, just to see how it works. But it is way too easy to make an overpowered character with it. So better leave it for what it is. :lol:

Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

Guys, I need some advice. I recently bought a PS4 and Skyrim with it, but I have a little problem.

I already have a level 40 character and something has annoyed the hell out of me, vampire attacks.

So far I had about 5 of them, all in Whiterun. In the first one the master vampire killed the blacksmith so I had to "return in time" to save her. Second one, only one of the guards died but that doesn't matter, he can respawn. In the last one though, the vampire again killed one of the guards, so I didn't bother, I just looted his body and sold his stuff and continued with my life, everything seemed ok until I decided to walk to Markarth... While I exited the city I walked past the Khajiit caravan and all of the cats were dead, then at the stable there was a dead horse and the two dudes who work there were dead as well, while I inspected their bodies two death hounds attacked me. So now not only I have to worry about the cities but also about their rural areas, dammit. :angry-screaming:

I know the attacks are part of the Dawnguard expansion but I can't turn the expansion off in an existing save. If I finish the Dawnguard quests will the city attacks stop? If not, what would be better? Giving up on this level 40 character that already completed the Thieves Guild questline or start over?

Please don't tell me to just use a mod, I want my trophies/achievements. :whistle:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I use indeed mods to make all trainers and merchants essential. I also changed downguard to start later in the game.
And Arthmoor has created "run for your lives" and when "dragons attack" both will prevent woman in a dress with an iron dagger attacking a Dragon or Vampire.
On PC you can activate the achievements with mods.

Dawnguard does indeed start at around L30-40. Vampires will continue to spawn until you finished Harkon.
Entering Whiterun at daytime will also reduce the chance for Vampires as they are creatures of the night.

Maybe time to prioritize finding Auriel's Bow ;)

I'm currently at Level 215. Never reached that before, as the 32 bit version was always unstable. Still playing at Legendary or Master levels.

Warachia
Mechanic
Mechanic

I actually didn't even start the Dawnguard quests yet, it is in my journal, but I didn't do anything with it yet since I got it on level 10.
Warachia wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:56 pm If I finish the Dawnguard quests will the city attacks stop? If not, what would be better? Giving up on this level 40 character that already completed the Thieves Guild questline or start over?
Sorry if confused anyone here, I meant:

What would you do? Give up on the level 40 character, or continue with it even with the constant attacks?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Continue, but join the Dawnguard fast. Durak the Orc will walk around, searching for new Vampire Hunters. (Durak means stupid in Russian, lol )

And avoid entering cities at night time. :party:

Miao
Drift King
Drift King

Warachia wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:56 pm the vampire again killed one of the guards, so I didn't bother, I just looted his body and sold his stuff and continued with my life
You evil! I hope you get soul trapped and root at the Soul Cairn for the rest of eternity. Image

Just kiddin'... I'd have done the same thing. :lol:

The vampire attacks should stop after you become a vampire lord (when sidin' with Harkon) or after the final quest if you sided with the Dawnguard.
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bethesda has announced a survival mode for Skyrim SE.

I have tried several Mods that try to achieve that in the past and none were very satisfying. Adding health bars or making you suffer when you swim for 5 sec is not really immersive. Having to eat and drink, getting enough rest and so on are adding to the survival of the harsh environment. But it never felt truly integrated with the core game.
There were also mods that let you get robbed, when you are unable to defend yourself. Even get caught and locked up.
And now there are hunting mods, that let you place traps and so on.

So that makes me wonder how they will implement this.
If it incorporates making hideouts to recover, camouflage your camp or other stuff that mods like campfire already do, it might be interesting. Or just drink a lot of mead :lol:

It probably strongly depends on what they see as "survival".

It is up for beta testing, so you can try it for yourself.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5lz4Q7F ... ocialMedia

From Steam:
Bethesda has announced it will release a Survival Mode for Skyrim Creation Club, and while it hasn't released just yet, you can opt into the Steam beta right now. It's an appealing mod if you're keen on punishment: it adds hunger, fatigue and weather-oriented survival systems, and you can't fast travel either.

But it looks like the mod itself won't be free. According to the announcement, "both PC and console players will get Survival Mode free for one week once it launches on their preferred platform." While no price is specified, it does imply that you won't be able to subject yourself to this punishing mod unless you fork out.

Still, assuming you don't mind paying what will probably end up being a small fee (and assuming you can overlook the fact that similar community-developed mods are probably available free of charge), it looks pretty good. The map is split into climate zones, all of which will require different levels of preparation to tackle. You won't be jumping into rivers willy nilly in Survival mode, because if the water's too cold it can kill you.

Meanwhile, health won't regenerate, and levelling up will require sleeping in a bed (so no mid-game health replenishments when you hit that next milestone). Carry weight has been "significantly reduced" which, to be honest, sounds like torture to me. But some people love to survive.

There's a whole lot of detail involved: head over here to read about every way Survival mode will make your playthrough a living hell. Creation Club will roll out imminently for Skyrim.
Even less carry weight....right :loll:
(nothing a good mod can't fix)

From Bethesda:
Survival Mode adds new gameplay features and challenges to transform Skyrim into a land of unrelenting cold and harsh wilderness. You can check out the map below to see all the treacherous climate zones, plus helpful landmarks that could ensure you survive your journey.

For maximum challenge, try Survival with Legendary difficulty.

Survival Mode changes Skyrim in the following ways:
Hunger

Over time, you will become hungry, which will impact your total stamina, as well as your ability to wield most weapons. As you become hungrier, your total available stamina will decrease, represented by a dark region inside the stamina bar. Eat food to restore your hunger. If you eat enough, you will receive the Well Fed bonus. Cooked food restores more hunger than uncooked food. If you eat raw meat, you may contract Food Poisoning, which can prevent you from receiving health benefits from food until the effect wears off. Hot soups can now be cooked by using fire salts, which restore your cold and also grant a bonus to your warmth rating.

Skyrim Survival Famished
Fatigue

Even the most stalwart adventurers will need to rest from time to time. Fatigue decreases your total available magicka, represented by a dark region inside the magicka bar. As you become more fatigued, the effectiveness of potions will begin to decline, and your ability to recover magicka and stamina will begin to suffer. You will need to periodically sleep in a bed in order to restore your fatigue. In Survival, the Well Rested bonus is no longer granted automatically after sleeping. If you sleep outside, you will not be able to get a restful night's sleep, waking up Drained at best. If you sleep in a bed indoors, you will receive the Well Rested bonus.
Cold

The frigid chill of Skyrim is now a formidable foe unto itself. Traveling in snowy or rainy areas will increase your Cold. Cold decreases your total available health, represented as a dark region inside the health bar. As you become colder, your movement speed and ability to pick locks and pick pockets will begin to suffer. If you reach the highest level of Cold, your health will be reduced to zero and you will die from exposure to the elements. You can warm up by standing near a fire, eating hot soup, or moving to a warmer location. A sun or snowflake icon will appear near the compass to note whether you are currently getting warmer or colder.

Skyrim Survival Cold
Warmth

The higher your warmth rating, the more slowly you will feel the effects of cold environments. Most clothing and armor provide warmth, displayed on the item's description. Some armor is exceptionally warm, while others are ill-suited to protect their wearer from harsh climates. You can also temporarily increase your warmth rating by eating hot soup or holding a torch.
Freezing Water

Taking a swim in an ice-cold river can make for a quick death. If you swim in a freezing area, you will immediately become colder and begin taking health damage. Exit the water as soon as possible in order to begin warming up and stop the loss of health. Using a Flame Cloak spell or the Dunmer Ancestor's Wrath ability can make you temporarily immune to the effects of freezing water.
Fast Travel

Fast Travel is disabled. If you wish to go somewhere, you must do so on foot or by horseback. You can also take a carriage or boat to your destination, but note that you may arrive hungry, cold, and in need of rest after a long journey.

Skyrim Survival Mountain
Health Regeneration

You no longer regenerate health. You must use restorative spells, food, and potions to replenish your health.
Leveling Up

To level up, you must now sleep in a bed. You may still spend your perk points later once they have been granted after sleeping.
Carry Weight

Your carry weight has been significantly reduced. Becoming over encumbered also quickly drains your stamina and causes you to become fatigued much faster. Arrows and lockpicks now have weight.
Disease

Creatures across the land now carry threatening new diseases, and previous diseases are now even more debilitating. Eating uncooked meat can now cause Food Poisoning. If you fail to cure a disease, it may progress into a more serious version over time.

Skyrim Survival Elements
Afflictions

Time spent while unwell puts you at risk of contracting an affliction, which causes effects that can linger long after you have improved your condition. Afflictions will naturally wear off, or can be cured like other diseases. Some Afflictions include:

Weakened: You are less effective at using melee weapons and blocking damage with your shield.
Addled: All enchantments and spells cast are less effective.
Frostbitten: You are less effective at picking locks, picking pockets, and doing damage with a bow.

Shrines

Shrines no longer cure diseases for free; you must now make a gold offering in order to receive the shrine's benefits. Shrines you craft in a house you have built can be used for free.

Perks & Standing Stones

The Extra Pockets perk and The Steed Stone now grant 50 extra carry weight, instead of 100.

Vampires & Werewolves

Both vampires and werewolves can restore their hunger by feeding on their victims. While transformed into a Werewolf or Vampire Lord, you will become colder much slower than normal.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Very interesting. :D
I know Bethesda has been working on something new and said it would be released this year just not sure if this is it or maybe it's something totally new. :think:
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”