Skyrim Special Edition

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

To add to my issues on the last page with Windhelm's Hjerim then i could buy when i turned off "Open Cities" but now i just miss the Stormcloak Hjerim upgrade mod.

Also the Whritrun stormcloak stige with open cites was the first time the really lagged alot and used 8 GB VRAM :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That siege will allways cause some stutters. Do you use Warzones? It adds giants to Ulfrics army and a lot more.

Funny thing is that in my last couple of playthroughs, i completely skipped the Civil War. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes that it does as it is so many things happening at the same time.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just started a new playthrough with 100 mods active. Game runs like clockwork. Loads quickly and all mod effects were immediately noticeable. Some good, some i should have left out. Changed difficulty level from the default adept to legendary, fought my way out of the cave and past some wolves to Riverwood.

The animal behavior mod TEST works very well. The wolves are scared of fire, so i used flames and a sword to deal with them, without being harmed.

The intro scene was still bugged with the carriage bouncing all over the place. So next playthrough will be with the good old "Live another life".
And i also lost Ullfric when i jumped from the damaged tower. I was blown over a wall by Alduins bad breath. Took me some effort to get back into Helgen. First part is scripted. Helgen is a closed cell. So i can not really judge if the opening scene overhaul really adds much. Dialogues were better in the carriage. For the rest i did not see much difference. I wanted to try to escape with Ullfric. Maybe i will give it another shot.

The game does look a bit cartoonish, compared to my ubermodded Skyrim Original, but the devs did a great job with the new lighting and also DOF settings.

Game was auto set on Ultra.
20161111211618_1.jpg
Now i have to deal with some side effects from using NPC character modding :lol:
They all had black faces. I will not use loot or some other load order organizer, but simply manually re-install all Bijin wives, warmaiden and NPC mods.

I don't use the in-game mod manager. Just the nexus.

PS I lost the brawl against Uthgerd :oops:
Legendary level brawls are just impossible at the start. But i need her, so i will do the brawl on a lower level this time.
Best way to learn a Nord Woman is to get into a fist fight with her :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Fired Skyrim SE up for the first time yesterday :D
Just wanted to see how it would handle the few mods I have installed so far, everything ran well except for one of the sound mods Immersive Sounds - Compendium :(

Wile underground the sound had way to much echo and I found that if I wasn't standing close to the character that was speaking then the voice was to low, also once the dialog was activated you cant move so if it activated before I got close to the other character I couldn't hear them. :angry-banghead:

This soon became very annoying, luckily I'm just testing things at the moment and wont start a play through till I get everything running ok plus I am going to wait till Sky-UI is out for SE before I start this will mean having to wait till SKSE for SE is out as well but it will be worth it as I have read that a lot of these mods are not fully working without a script extender.

Back on the subject of sound mode has anyone got a good alternative to Immersive Sounds - Compendium I can try out?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

While some of the sounds do sound good, i prefer the vanilla sounds for spells etc. It just sounds a bit off with these sound mods.

I started a new playthrough this morning, after removing some unneeded mods. I only use SMIM and Vurts flora overhaul for graphics now.

Unfortunately i got a freeze in the first dungeon, just like in my first attempt. Obviously there is an object or file missing.

Now i will have to go through the whole list of mods again to figure out what is causing the freeze. Must be one of these leveling and loot mods. Maybe i just get rid of them all.

I also tried an SweetFX plugin and that seems to work well.

No weather mods or other stuff that alters the vanilla feel of the game too much.

I also started in Expert level (Smilodon combat overhaul on) so i can ease my way to level 30 before switching to Legendary. ;)

I will try it again after the Brazillian GP.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I have now come across a new issue with SE when loading up the gam my mouse pointer disappears making the game unplayable :shock: this happens as soon as the loading screen comes up and before the game starts so I don't think it is mod related.

Anyone else had anything like this ?
Pointer comes back when I close the game. :?
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:I have now come across a new issue with SE when loading up the gam my mouse pointer disappears making the game unplayable :shock: this happens as soon as the loading screen comes up and before the game starts so I don't think it is mod related.

Anyone else had anything like this ?
Pointer comes back when I close the game. :?
Could be the game thinks you play it with a controller, i never see the mouse pointer when i play it.

And see for the sound then i down up voices in the sound settings and the whether effects was to loud to hear the voices.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:
Could be the game thinks you play it with a controller, i never see the mouse pointer when i play it.
You might be on to something with this I forgot I still had the controller plugged in. :facepalm: :mrgreen:
Thanks Bear :D
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Heh lol, happy to help :P

Return to “General Gaming”