Skyrim Special Edition

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Skyrim will be relaunched soon (28th), with enhanced graphics for PS4, XB1 and also the PC version.
In addition to that, mods will become available for consoles. At least on the PS4.

With improved drawing distance and higher resolution textures this game looks refreshing.
Of course we are spoiled on PC with 2K-4K textures, ENB lighting and effects and the ability to make custom LOD.
But the base game still rocks.

Here a preview from a Girl, who was lucky to get her hands on the new pre-launch version of the Special Edition. And it looks a lot better than before.

And pictures say more than 1000 words... PS3 vs PS4 versions...
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow, they graphics update makes a massive difference, the game looks fantastic now, and was only PS4, just imagine on PC at 2-4K on ultra everything, might just have to give this a shot as i really liked Skyrim, but it just to be such a pain with all the graphics mods etc.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I will try to collect and post some of my current uber modded Skyrim. All 2K and 4K textures.

But it seems they now have a lot of the effects from ENB in the game, as well as things that were added by popular mods. Like the moving windmills and waterfalls in the distance. It was simply not possible to do that on PS3 or the previous version of Skyrim that was hindered by the initial size of allocated memory.

As it will be 64bit optimized now, the modding will also get more interesting. And it also looked like there was a dialogue overhaul.

I will have to remove all graphics mods and than decide what i need to add again.
But it looks like they did a pretty good job. :2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Downloading the Special Edition now.

The good part, is that it appears to get its separate slot in my game list. So no need to start a new play through, only for the new game. No need to remove my mods either.

The new version makes ENB obsolete. And also has good textures by default.
Of course there will be new mods for the SE, but it will be fun to do a default run again. Although it will most likely not be as good as my über modded game is right now.

Things like Open Cities will most likely still not be in the game. And being able to walk into cities and take combat inside and out, adds greatly to the immersion.

On the other hand, it appears to be a complete overhaul, not just graphical. Makes me wonder if dialogues and animations have been improved as well. I now use at least a dozen Mods to make that better.

Looking forward to play this later. 12 gig downloading now. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

During last week’s E3, Bethesda confirmed rumors that a remastered The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Definitive Edition would release on PS4, Xbox One and PC on Oct. 28.

Not long after the big news, Bethesda announced that players who owned either a PC copy of the game with all of the downloadable content or the Legendary Edition on Steam would receive the Skyrim remaster for free.
This is exciting i should qualify for it as i own all DLC and Skyrim on Steam :mrgreen:

Yup, just looked it says Skyrim Special Edition now :2thumbsup: So it says on Steam that i bought Skyrim SE on Wednesday and i had no clue it had upgraded by itself 8-)

Downloading with 10 MB/s so soon i can try it out, they reset the achievements so it is a brand new playthrough.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I don't really see all that much difference, the old Skyrim vs. the new Skyrim SE looks about the same, i think consoles got more improvements than pc did.

But i think you still need mods for it like the mod that brightens the faces, as they are still to dark.

But the sounds are abit better, but the old bugs that was in the old Skyrim is also in the new Skyrim SE, like you can't turn up the music volume once you are in the game.

And at ultra everything at 2560x1440p it only uses 56-60% load of my GTX 1070, so might DSR it to 4K, but it uses 4,2 GB vram now.

- - -

Had to change the responsiveness of the my Elite controller to make it work better in RPG games like Skyrim as i was drawing my weapons when just blow on the triggers so turn them down and engaged the lockouts on the triggers so they are hair triggers now making for much faster inputs, as my racing profil on the Elite controller didn't work well in Skyrim at all as racing games need super responsive triggers and RPG needs lacy triggers, but now it has racing and Skyrim profiles on it that i can just switch between on the controller. ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Running Skyrim on ultra at 3412x1920p using 97% on average load of the 1070 and 4,85 GB vram, but Skyrim still doesn't look and feel any different, but i can't see any pixel edges running at that resolution so it is movie like, if only there was more graphics and such.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

From what I have read, the difference is underwhelming. I only own the base game and none of the expansions so I would have to pay to play, not happening. Good game and all but there are others just as good. If anything, I would opt to pick up Fallout 4 expansions and play those.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Players are spoiled with mods.

But just look at the difference in the trailers. It is huge.
It is like applying ENB but without the hassle of installing that.

It will make modding more easy probably.

But all mods will have to be converted.

The base game has not changed. Does not have to really. Most bugs have been fixed by the community with patches. These will make their way there for sure.

It won't take long before the modding community will convert the good mods to the Special Edition. :party:

PS Steam sales in the past had all DLC with up to 75% discount. It is indeed a little trick to prize the game at retail level again. But the extra amount of work they spend on the new textures and graphic effects has to be compensated somehow.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Already lots of mods out for this at nexus. :D
:link:
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”