Skyrim SE Modding

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:34 am For a great start on the overall appearance of Skyrim SSE, there are plenty of texture overhauls. The best ones are not always available on Nexus.

SRO (Skyrim Realistic Overhaul) is one of them. It is huge, but a great base to begin with.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-realis ... /downloads

Can you just install this with the Nexus mod manager?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Short answer; yes.

You can manually download it and add it with the big green + in NMM
Nexus has a file size limit. Maybe that is why this is not available there.

PS For now Bruma has only been released for Oldrim. They had a few hickups with the first version, so V1.1 is already up. I will wait for the SSE version as it is a much more stable game.

SSE allowed me to develop my character to current Level 229. And only by resetting perk trees when reaching 100.
I do use an unlimited training mod, that depends more on money and does not limit you to learn just a few steps. So Eoarland can teach you smithing to L90 every time, for example. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks for the info Mad, will add it to my wish list when i next get to play Skyrim. ;)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Some Bruma footage, just epic :D

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

For those, who are waiting for the SSE varion of the epic mod Bruma;
We will focus on porting Bruma to the Special Edition once the initial patch cycle for Bruma is over. This is because trying to simultaneously patch two separate versions would be very impractical. Thanks for your patience.
I will wait for the SSE version, instead of porting it myself. There were some initial bugs, causing the game to crash. Of course Oldrim is a lot less stable and needs memory patches, stability loads and ENB boost to run stable. Even than it can just freeze if you run a lot of heavily scripted mods. So the highly anticipated script extender is also a source of instability for Skyrim.

For the Oldrim version of Bruma, you need SKSE, as it hosts the memory allocation .ini file.
SSE version will not need it, due to the 64bit version being superior in almost every way. Except for mod support.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There is another project, where a complete game has been ported to the Skyrim engine. This is not a mod but a completely different game, based on Gothic.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... ods/10777/?

The original Gothic game (2001), developed by a small German developer company, was well ahead of its time.
Lots of game play elements of The Witcher and Skyrim can already be found in that game. I never played it, but it looks interesting. A bit sinister maybe.

This mod alters the game engine and if you want to play Skyrim again after this, you may have to reinstall it.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nexus Skyrim Overhaul SSE

Is a combination of mods that covers a wide range of things. Easy one click install to improve and expand your game, fix some bugs and add some immersion. Replace weapons, add armors, do quest fixes and a lot more.
I will use this in my next playtrough to see what it is like.

It also makes single installs of the mods covered obsolete.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10472

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:26 am Nexus Skyrim Overhaul SSE

Is a combination of mods that covers a wide range of things. Easy one click install to improve and expand your game, fix some bugs and add some immersion. Replace weapons, add armors, do quest fixes and a lot more.
I will use this in my next playtrough to see what it is like.

It also makes single installs of the mods covered obsolete.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10472
Now this is the type of mod I have been waiting for :D
This is definitely going on the list. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:22 am Now this is the type of mod I have been waiting for :D
This is definitely going on the list. :rightthumbup:
Yes, it took me weeks, even months to collect most of these myself. It saves a lot of time and it is optimized to work together. In addition to that, it will leave you a lot of additional .esp slots for other mods. It is a mega merge of a lot of little, essential and bigger things that do improve the game in a big way.

Just to give an idea of the amount of mods that went into the Nexus Overhaul, check this list. It is huge :mrgreen:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeciale ... icles/206/?

Right now i have a little issue getting a new game started as Blue Elf. It is a custom race from Qaxe as part of his epic mod collection. Maybe there are just too many scripts starting up at the beginning of the game at Artmoors Alternate Start, live another live.
I can disable things like "Holydays", as that can be activated once the game has started as well.
And just to mention, i do run a 250 mod game. With even more graphic enhancers. So there is plenty of opportunity for mod conflicts.

I also installed Rigmor of Bruma. There will be a compatibility patch as soon as the full Bruma provence for SSE relases, but so far i have anjoyed playing part of that follower mod with back stories and heavily quested. Not just another follower mod.

I also noticed that a lot of mods are now removed or set as hidden. Nexus has a lot of issues with modders lately. Some breaking the rules, others fed-up about whatever. But no good in general. Also comment threads look sometimes like Twitter feeds with people bashing each other about nothing.

I like the Nexus as a central place to get good mods, but they need to get their act together. And not take everything for granted, as it is not. :twocents-02cents:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Larger mods are not favored on NMM, so there are other places where SE Converted popular Oldrim mods pop up.

3DNPC can be downloaded from here

http://3dnpc.com/forums/topic/process-f ... se/page/2/

I will try this amongst all the other mods. Some NPC will conflict with others, like the ones in Winterhold. But that is an easy fix. Simply disable their bedrolls or disable the NPC totally.

A lot of modder make compatibility patches now, which is awesome.

EDIT; i can not seem to install this with NMM. Only other way is to drag and drop in the DATA folder. But that will make it harder to get rid off, if the game hangs. I will do it anyway. :party:

Return to “General Gaming”