Dark and Light

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Been playing Dark and Light on a private server on and off lately. :D

It's one of those survival type games a bit like ARK (it was made by the same studio i think)
Here's a guy i follow on Twitch playing it.

These aren't usually my type of game but playing on a private server stops the nob heads from interfering with the gameplay :mrgreen: the game is still in early access so has lots of bugs but is still fun to play.

I'm still only at level 10 so long way to go yet and the hardest part is just staying alive (lots of things trying to kill you in survival games :twisted: )

Still learning to build from straw but once i get on to wood the fun starts and maybe i can build one like the one behind my hut. :D
20170805164034_1.jpg
20170805162718_1.jpg
Image Image
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Realy enjoying this game, it's a bit like ARK but more to do i think and graphics are much better. :D

Also lots of strange creatures to watch out for and kill (or be killed). :evil:

So far I've been living in a small shack as i didn't have the level XP to build anything better but i am now able to build more complicated stuff so onto the big build. :2thumbsup:
20170812163200_1.jpg
20170812164052_1.jpg
20170814201839_1.jpg
20170814201927_1.jpg
Don't know what this guy is but so far he is friendly. :D
20170812150055_1.jpg
Image Image
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Looks good but I would be more inclined to play something like this if the setting was something different. Have been replaying Fallout New Vegas and would find interest in that sort of post war environment.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Whoamus wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:50 pm Looks good but I would be more inclined to play something like this if the setting was something different. Have been replaying Fallout New Vegas and would find interest in that sort of post war environment.
Yes a Fallout 4 setting would be cool to play this type of game in but as it is I'm still finding this game fun to play. :D

So far i have 33 hours in this game and i have hardly left the area outside the starting town, :o i decided to locate my first building by the lagoon just outside town because it is relatively safe there and less chance of been killed by something while building your first home, this you must do as soon as possible because if you don't and log off leaving your avatar out in the open when you next log on you will almost definitely be dead. :twisted:

At first you can only build with straw and twigs collected by chopping down trees and other plants but once you progress up a few levels you move on to wood, stone and even iron.
20170805164034_1.jpg
20170815210046_1.jpg
20170816202500_1.jpg
20170816202337_1.jpg
20170816203341_1.jpg
The game has a clever system using different tools on the same plants will harvest different results like an axe on a tree will give mostly wood but use a pick axe on a tree will give mostly twine.

You need to level up a bit before venturing to far into the woods and also get some decent weapons crafted as most things will try to kill you :shock: you can also try to capture some of the creatures and tame them to do things for you :orcs-whip: you also have to keep an eye out for goblins who will try to sneak up and knock you out and steal all your belongings. :twisted:

The game is still in early development (only 33% done so far) so even though the area is quite large to adventure in it is still very small when you compare it to the full map when finished.

If anyone gets the game and wants to join the private server drop me a PM and i will give you the name and password, it's a PVE server (player versus environment) so nobody trying to kill you like some servers but plenty of those are about if that's what you want but this one is all about building exploring and just trying to survive. :mrgreen:
Image Image

Return to “General Gaming”