now this is what i call massive mulitplayer

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

we had a dev hosted event last night at Battleground Europe. i didnt play,it was one of my granddaughters birthday, but here is a video a player made of a massive dogfight in the skies over Tilburg.

60 allied fighters against 58 germans

jump to 9:10 to bypass the takeoff/climbout

[youtube]GSl5yhljna8[/youtube]
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Look interesting but not my type of game ;)
Image Image
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

i guess the point was to show Eden/Atari that a 12 year old game engine can handle 196 players better than a 2 year old engine that cant even keep 8 people connected.

too bad Atari/Eden cant see it, they dont have a forum!!!!! (talk about sticking you head in the sand,lol)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Karu62 wrote:i guess the point was to show Eden/Atari that a 12 year old game engine can handle 196 players better than a 2 year old engine that cant even keep 8 people connected.

too bad Atari/Eden cant see it, they dont have a forum!!!!! (talk about sticking you head in the sand,lol)
Lol, 120 players at the same time. Thats something different than unstable 8 player sessions and the 24 plus player club bug.
Unfortunately you can not really compare the two. All performance data from all players in the session has to be calculated in real time to make a racing game work properly. But the net code can certainly be improved, thats for sure. GPL had the most stable net code and it is a game from last century.
It would already be something to drive with 12 or 16 players in the same session. But just imagine the chaos in the chat box with so many players hahaa.
Still pretty cool to see real massive online play possible.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Miao
Drift King
Drift King

you think this is massive,haha
GTA San Andreas Multiplayer can support 600 players at the same server
Nogai211 wrote:The only reason PC is better than Console is because it has Civilization V!
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

WWIIOnline is the most massive. it always has been. a single instance server 350,000 square kilometers in size that holds 10,000 players with 196 viewable and a 3 kilometer wide rendering bubble with military grade physics and ballistics.there is no game out there that can come close to these specs.

Return to “General Gaming”