Red Dead Redemption

All that other gaming stuff we do when not racing
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Got this game a couple of months ago, and I have to say it might be my current favourite game (sorry tdu2!).

The only bad point about the game is not the game itself, but the fact that its on consoles only. Not to worry, as this game is worth buying a PS3 for anyway.

So on to the good points, the fact that I fell in love with this game in the first few parts of playing it is a good start. The game places you in a traditional western town (Armadillo) with saloons and the traditional western setting such as tumbleweed, bandits and cacti. The atmosphere is simply worth the amount you pay for the game. But the atmosphere is not the same throughout the game, as you have the snowy and grassy regions of tall trees and the Great Plains, to the farmland and cacti covered areas of the true west and then to the deserts of Mexico and beyond. It's such a wonderful world to be immersed in, from the different feelings you get from different places, to the fact that you have many things to do in this Immersive and expansive world.

You can go hunting, as this also adds immersiveness ( if that is a word) but knowing what you hunt may hunt you, so if you go for bears, be careful not to let one sneak up behind you for your inevitable death. Random encounters may also occur, and when helping these people you may get money, fame and honour which will eventually help you through the frontier. Other things you can do is hunt for treasure, drink at saloons, do jobs like horse breaking or simply be a bandit and rob a train. You see why I love this game, as there is so much to do!

And finally the story. I will not spoil the story for you. But I will say that RDR follows the story of John Marston, former outlaw himself who seeks redemption to regain his family who have been taken hostage by the US government. It's a wonderful experience, the whole story, and something that I believe is hard to do again.

This game is worth buying if you love the Wild West, great open worlds, fantastic stories or even if you simply own a console (preferably ps3 as it is less glitchy and was developed on the ps3) . I hope I have persuaded you to buy this game. I know GTA is out soon, but I will be playing this even when GTA is out as its just... Different. Thanks for reading!
Club: Tdu2 legends UK [PS3] (Club president) & Lunys Fair Freinds [PC]
Best car= pagani zonda.
PSN: B0xx0ut3 PC: Boxxout3
Eugene4259
Mechanic
Mechanic

:clap:

I liked the part where you said Mexico
PSN: Eugene4259
TDU2 Legends UK - Vice President[/center]
Level 73
GTAO - Level 160
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Eugene4259 wrote::clap:

I liked the part where you said Mexico
lol :P
Best car= pagani zonda.
Mr Hertz
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I played RDR a few years a go and all I done was hunt animals, I just hope the hunting on GTA V is as fun as it was on RDR. I guess RDR is the reason hunting has been brought into GTA.
Please don't call me homophobic as I'm not scared of gays, I just don't f***ing like them!!!

Posting like a boss since March 25th :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dreads: :banana-wrench: :banana-guitar: :banana-rock: :banana-stoner:
dj_psycho_c
New Starter
New Starter

Red Dead Redemption is simply an amazing game, I've put alot of hours into playing that game and beat it a few times over. The story is definitely epic!!! The graphics are beautiful and gameplay is quite well done. I love this game! :handgestures-thumbup: :dance:

"This is the biggest thriller since Michael Jackson went white." - Jeremy Clarkson
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice review Box, if you ever fancy a job on the forum reviewing games especially some of the new and upcoming games let me know I'm sure I can find a place to setup a section for it on the forum. :handgestures-thumbup:
Image Image
Boxxout3
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Haha thanks.

I could review GTAV when i have played it a lot but i tend to play one game for a long time.
Best car= pagani zonda.

Return to “General Gaming”