Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The community won the case :2thumbsup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes and Nexus does post a Paypal link now when you download a mod from there. So you have the option to support a modder. That was not there before. So it is a win-win i guess.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Its nice to see the little guy still has some influence over the big boys. :banana-dance:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Steam has completely removed the Pay option for the Mods and also refunded everyone who paid for a mod.

It is ashame that some modders have been bashed over this, as it is their right and choice to put it up there. After all it takes a lot of time and effort to create a good mod and not everybody can work for free.

Bethesda has made a statement about it. It would have been good if they had done so before the Pay option was started. Lessons will be learned from this and maybe in the future a new pay option will emerge.
A good idea would be to make popular mods also available for the Consoles through the proper channels. The developpers can check the content for possible conflicts or infringements and the whole community will benefit, not just the PC players.

http://www.bethblog.com/2015/04/27/why- ... -on-steam/

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Tanks... :eeek:

:loll:

And to speak with the courier...No, nothing.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

LOLz :loll:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

"Francis" Boogie about the Skyrim Mod situation. Good summary IMO

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That guy sums it up pretty good
---
Hey Mad, how come you don't play as much Skyrim as you used to, did you lose some the mods you were using before the shitstorm on Steam went down?

Or has work finally gotten the best of you :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe some of those mods don't work anymore. But i already downloaded and subscibed them. I don't use many Steam mods, only the ones that are not available on Nexus. And i also transformed a couple to the mod manager. You can do that for all Steam Mods btw.
Maybe i should take some time and do them all.

But i play a bit less right now.
I have "finished" my current playtrough, won the civila war, slain Alduin the dragon, shot some sun hallowed arrows in Hakon the Vampire King and demolished Miraak. His outfit sits on a mannequin in Severin Manor now.

So all that is left are the side missions.
But there were some stability issues in certain regions that are now mostly solved, so i could finish some quests i could not before.

I already helped Lurius Liore with his little dragon problem on Wyrmstooth and maybe will make my way to Faalskaar again.
I also did the Kyne trials and with the Kyne token amulet form the amulets mod, i now do not get attacked by any animal from that trial. Makes totally sense and plays a lot nicer. More bow power and speed as well.

I am over level 120 on my current playthrough and some perk trees are still at around 30. To fill everything up will take 100's of housr of playtime. Also looking for quests and side quests i have not done before. Even with 4000+ hours playtime on Skyrim there might be quests i skipped. Also because i don't like Vampires and always get cured from Werewolf blood as well. Feeding on corpses is so Idi Amin...

Anyway i still enjoy Skyrim, but play a lot offline now. Most issues are steam overlay related. And CTD are often caused by a new steam commercial or message. And i have finished downloading all steam games to a dedicated game drive now.

I don't play Elder scrolls online. So i wait for the next Elder scroll game and do some other stuff in between.

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Arh okay, i see you have been very busy in Skyrim, also good to take a break now and again, also The Witcher 3 will be out soon - so that will be interesting 8-)

But i can fully understand you need a break from it, i was just wondering why i hadn't see you online in a while, which you just answered ;)

Return to “General Gaming”